WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,649 Member
    Your cut is super cute, Allie.

Do you have a plan if Jean just drops him at your door and drives away? I kind of don't blame her for being sick of him. But he is also not your problem.

Your air filter hack is ingenious, Kim!

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,722 Member
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,964 Member
    Rori-I found the last time I had to drink that stuff last time- I made up the jug..refrigerated it ahead of time and when I drank it I used a straw. 2 big helps on that front...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,975 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,500 Member
    Heather ~ Your decluttering/cleaning efforts are amazing! I wish I had your energy to do similar!

Monique ~ I so enjoy reading about your cherubs. I know that is a lot of work and you must have so much patience but seem to enjoy every little one you care for. You are a BLESSING!

Allie ~ For the life of me, I can't remember where you are going on your cruise! Please remind me and the date! I sure hope your brother gets the help he needs.

Tracy ~ WOW! That is a lot of interviewing for the upcoming position. Fingers crossed and prayers that you will get it. M is such a sweet child and has a wonderful smile.

Rosemarie ~ I think you will enjoy having your son and his wife nearer!

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    MachKa: I admire your endurance and keeping the pace! Is the end of the move in sight now!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

We have to be out by mid-August.

Jasper has been evacuated, everyone had to leave to go West into BC because the fire was blocking the highway to go East.

:cry:

I hope Jasper will be OK. I've spent a lot of time there and my husband and I got married there.

I also heard from my interview, they wanted to know my availability for next week to have the phone interview with head office. I’m frustrated it’s taking so long, but maybe the other candidate will accept an offer in the meantime.
    I applied originally on June 26th, got the first call on July 8th, the call to set up the interview on July 11th for July 18th and now will be more than a week for a second interview. Hopefully they make up their minds shortly after this.

Have a great day ladies!
    Tracey in Edmonton

In government here, it's usually between about 2 and 6 months from application closing date to appointment. And I hate waiting!

@Machka9- How is the house coming along? Did you order anything for it during Prime days?

Australia doesn't seem to do Prime days. I'm not sure when they are.

We have got a few new things ... a chair for my husband to replace a sofa, ottomans for each of us, velvety cushions in dark blue for each of us ...

Hi everyone! I missed chatting with you guys. I just finished my stretch on Monday. I slept all day and night. Before I left work, my blue-eyed Cherub and I had a bedtime disagreement. I told her that it was bedtime, and I laid her down. She bucked and sat right up and had big tears in her eyes. I sang to her and rubbed her back. Then, the respiratory therapist took over, and she was out. In the morning, she patted my hand and gave me a big smile. I had a small one that was way down the hall, and that felt like life was over if he didn't have his pacifier. I have one that I have taken care of since she was a baby, off and on. She just turned four, and now they are talking about letting her go to Jesus. It is hard cause she smiles and talks all night and mimics Gracies Corner. I had two kids on the ventilator to care for and my guy who is addicted to the pacifier. The Cherub was another nurse's patient. We just all have to help with her.

Sweet and heartbreaking. :heart:

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
    Barbara - I think doing two classes in one day is a lot.

Heather - is that the last of the blood work before your op?
    I don’t care for wings either. I buy them for Rodger though. He has different spices that he uses for them.

Carol - That was quick. I hope the recovery period is smooth and short.

Lanette - We really need a few days of rain here. Rodger went to work this morning but was sent home again. He said you could barely see the street lights on the highway this morning.

Jasper has been evacuated, everyone had to leave to go West into BC because the fire was blocking the highway to go East.

It seems calves have a lot to do with foot issues for a lot of problems.

Kim - that’s a good idea for the box fan. We do have an AC this year I don’t smell the smoke in the house, but it sure is bad outside.

Allie - what a mess your brother is in. Hopefully he can find his way through.
    I love the haircut!

Pip - had you planted that bush?

Rosemarie - will that make your son closer to you?
    How nice of Servpro not to charge you.

I took Patches home today, I did take one more picture on the way and then a picture of Michaela holding her. I think Michaela may end up “forgetting” Patches again.
    She seemed maybe a little sad that the adventure is over. She was also quite excited to tell me that they went to the World Waterpark inside West Edmonton Mall yesterday and she was tall enough to ride all of the rides.
    j5k2tvwci3ms.jpeg
    txe6tilm9m5i.jpeg

I went and bought some groceries on my way home.

I also heard from my interview, they wanted to know my availability for next week to have the phone interview with head office. I’m frustrated it’s taking so long, but maybe the other candidate will accept an offer in the meantime.
    I applied originally on June 26th, got the first call on July 8th, the call to set up the interview on July 11th for July 18th and now will be more than a week for a second interview. Hopefully they make up their minds shortly after this.

Have a great day ladies!
    Tracey in Edmonton

No, it was here (taller) when we moved in.