WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,119 Member
    :'(Carol, I am so sorry. I am holding good thoughts that there will be a simple repair and healing from now on.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,649 Member
    Oh Carol. I'm so sorry. I'm thankful your head seems fine. I'm sure they can straighten your knee out.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,757 Member
    Carol - I'm so sorry - I'm sure your surgeon can get things righted... Hope you feel better soon!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,559 Member
    Carol - Oh no! Hope everything can be fixed easily and measures can be taken that it doesn't happen again. Sending big hugs!!!

Tracey - so happy to hear the interview has been scheduled. Hope that rotten smoke clears up once and for all. I just read more about Jasper. I have very few troubles compared to what the folks in that city are experiencing. Has there been any mention of the causes of these many fires? Lightning strikes? Humans? Might be too early to send investigators in. What a shame.

Annie - sounds like the party prep is coming along just fine. When does your sister arrive?

Heather - it won't be long now, the hip surgeries will be behind you. Good job moving forward and getting little things done, what a good feeling! I constantly remind myself that keeping busy while waiting is so important.

Debbie - what a scare yesterday with your mom's place and that fire. Hope it's all under control today.

Got a quick sunrise walk in (48F) and picked blueberries at neighbors next door then went across the street to Roger's blueberry bushes. So appreciative of their generosity.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,167 Member
    Today is a good day for a hot fudge sundae or grapes, wine, and cheese. HMmMM both sound good!!

408rjtgmv0x4.jpeg
    x1mseolqtbcg.jpeg
    82hyn4vpb5fv.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,906 Member
    Machka - if you are able to find CISN FM 103.9 on FB they have posted a video from Jasper. Just devastating.
    Tracey
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,193 Member
    After watching DH being on 10 meds. Many for side effects caused by another med. The only way I will take any med is when the doctor gets at the root cause of what is wrong with me! I wish I wasn't in the minority. I am over 65 years of age and on no conventional medications. I wish there were more people my age who could be off all conventional meds. I have learned you cannot outrun a poor diet!

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,462 Member
    Same old..same old around here. Did a body pump DVD and then water class yesterday. I’ve found that what works for me is if I do my workout then go in the pool and start swimming and then join the water aerobics class works for me.

Went to CVS and asked for a raincheck. They refused to give it to me since they’d already given me two. I did call the CVS headquarters and they said that I should have been given it. It’s not my fault that they didn’t order enough stock for a sale. Anyway, I had to go there to get a prescription today and suddenly (at full price) there were 4 boxes of cereal on the shelf. Makes me wonder if they didn’t have it in the back and didn’t put it out until the sale was over so that their profit is just a bit higher.

The relay for my oven still isn’t in. The gal said when she looked it up, it was in stock. But when she ordered it, it was out of stock. Hope they get it in soon. Maybe what I should do is buy a dessert. That’ll insure that it comes in….lol

Cut the weeds Tuesday. Glad we got it done since it’s been raining since then.

Went to the orthotic MD. Lanette, showed him the Crocs that I’ve been wearing at your suggestion and how they’re comfortable. He did put another part on the insert so my foot isn’t hitting the ground and it does feel better. The other day at the water aerobics I have a pair of shoes, cheap Aldi Croc knock-offs but good enough to go from the locker room to the pool to the shower back to the locker room. Yet, I could feel the “burning” sensation. I don’t feel that with the inserts. He did suggest perhaps seeing a podiatrist so I told him how this one MD wouldn’t see me, he gave Vince a real hard time (because we’re on Medicare???) and another one didn’t accept Medicare. He said he’d talk to the podiatrist who refused to see me.

Margaret – congrats on the “break”

Barbara – no idea when the part for the stove will be in. The good news, tho, is that I can still use the stovetop and grill.

I’m definitely a minimalist and Vince is one of those “let’s keep it ‘just in case’

Rita – “brain day”. I really enjoy playing mahjongg

Once before we were in the Outlook in heavy rain and the gauges would go down and then up. Just now Vince left to meet a guy to sell him a music stand and the same thing happened so he came home. The plan is to meet later if the rain stops, but I told him to take my car just in case. Guess this happens only when it’s raining

Water came in again at BK and was in the food so I went over by where they wash the dishes and finished the prep. Seems it happens when it rains, so they’re probably getting a lot of water in the store right now. Guess if I need to, I’ll do the prep again over by the washing table. About the only thing I like about doing it there is the fact that I can use two sinks.

I think I told you that my neighbor has blueberries, you have to pick them tho. They ARE small, but sweet. Took a fair amount of time to do so I just don’t think I’ll do it again. Especially since blueberries are on sale at Food Lion

Margaret – when schools, etc. have fundrainsers, I just give them a donation, too. Unless I REALLY want what they are selling. 9 times out of 10, tho, it’s just junk

Tracey – the one thing I think of is if a child doesn’t “get” a certain concept (sometimes you need someone else to present it to you), how can someone else who doesn’t speak Spanish (or French) show them. Like, when I was young for the life of me I couldn’t “get” long division. Then my girlfriend’s mother showed me and suddenly it “clicked”. Sure hope the smoke clears for you. Prayers for Jasper

Made protein waffles for another day, thinking that I’ll make a spinach feta pie since it’s raining and maybe some more rice krispie treats

Carol – so glad to hear that the surgery went well. Oh no! You fell. Hope everything works out for you. So glad your head is OK

I have some exercise equipment that I’ve either never used (TRX home system) or that I used to use but now that I’m older (boo) I find that I really can’t use like 10 pound weights. 8 is fine for me, don’t want to injure myself

Allie – love the cut. Makes your face look thinnner. I agree with barbie about your brother

Rori – when I get to the end of the colonoscopy prep, I usually have to hole my nose just to get it down. That’s the ONLY time I ever have Gatorade, maybe that’s why I don’t care for it, I associate it with an unpleasant experience. A straw might be a good idea. Gets that stuff past the taste buds. Honestly, I’m afraid to use any tea to get the last bit down. I don’t want to associate tea with a bad experience.

One house in our neighborhood sold in, literally, days but that was to another lady who got remarried and they wanted a house that was “theirs” not “his” or “hers” but she didn’t want to leave the neighborhood so they paid $17,000 over asking price. Another house down the road from me sold in less than a week. The house that lady owned sold in about a week. Another house in our neighborhood sold in 2 weeks. Probably because it was on the market for $1.1 MILLION. But it sold in two weeks

Heather – how did you clean your fridge shelf? I’ve found that a good way is to use, now don’t laugh, microwave cleaner. Good luck tomorrow

Oh, today I saw a sign that BK has this new thing. If you leave your uniform, you can ask for a clean one and they will clean it. To me that’s called using a washing machine.

Terry – happy anniversary (belated)

Debbie – sure hope your mom is OK after the fire

Lisa – congrats on the raise

Margaret – I will be on a med only if I have to. Now Vince on the other hand…. I remember when his mother was nearing the end, she was on 10 different medications. My father is the same as I am….he was on 5 different medications at the end. Tell Vince that you can’t outrun a poor diet…. He’ll just say that Richard Simmons dying at 53 and Keith Richards still living is proof enough...lol

Well, I think I’ve pretty well caught up.

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,575 Member
    edited July 25
    Tracey - Yes, it's on the top shelf of a very tall fridge.
    I have recently put two conventional lazy Susans in another cupboard side by side.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,575 Member
    So very, very sorry about Jasper. It really hurts to see such a historic town ravaged by fire. Terrible.
    :'( 😢

Love Heather UK xxxxxx