WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,500 Member
    Heather ~ Good wishes for you as you go through the second surgery! I know you will do fine as you have the desire to heal quickly to get on with your busy life.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,575 Member
    Carol - How's the knee?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,124 Member
    After watching DH being on 10 meds. Many for side effects caused by another med. The only way I will take any med is when the doctor gets at the root cause of what is wrong with me! I wish I wasn't in the minority. I am over 65 years of age and on no conventional medications. I wish there were more people my age who could be off all conventional meds. I have learned you cannot outrun a poor diet!

I am 62 and on no regular meds. My grandma(today would have been her birthday) died at 90yrs old and not on any meds.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Carol- So happy your surgery went well and it sounds like recovery is off to a great start! Sending prayers and healing thoughts to you! <3
    Annie- I hope you are able to get your hair colored! I know you have been looking forward to it!
    Lanette- You fit so much into every day! I don't know how you do it! You also find the most interesting videos! Hats off to you and thank you for the information!
    Rita- I love your "holidays"! Hooray for Brain Day! Where would we be without them? :D
    Allie- Your haircut has taken years off! Seriously, you look wonderful!

Playing catch up again. Made it to page 41! Will keep reading. xoxoxo KJ
  • KJLaMore
    up to p 42
    Heather- Wow! You are busy! Getting so much done! When is your surgery? I have lazy susans above my fridge for my cleaning products and two double decker ones in my pantry cupboard. One for spices, the other for canned soups (easy for DH to make). I love them. The kids call them merry go rounds! :D
    Rori- *cheering* Go Rori! Go Rori! Go Rori! Better out than in, right?
    Tracey- Ugh! Three weeks on hold for this position! Agony! Cute pics of Michaela! She has really grown!
    Machka- I have ongoing lists, as well. It feels good to cross things off. But, I am waiting for a day when I don't need lists, anymore. lol Not sure if that day is going to come.
    Rosemarie- Great news on the crawl space! Nothing like a lot of rain to freak us out!
    Allie- I know your brother has his issues; but from your conversations Jean has always seemed like a horrid woman. Anyhow, I hope you can stay out of ALL of it and NOT have a brother to contend with. Thinking of you!
    Monique-Awww, the sweet babies! It takes a special person to do your job and it sounds like you are wonderful at it. I hope you receive blessing and kindnesses from those babies families and from the hospital/med center you work for. Hard job, indeed! Hugs to you!
    still reading....ttfn xoxoxo KJ
  • KJLaMore
    up to p 43
    Terri- Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! <3
    Pip- Gah! 82F at 4:40am?!?!! Torture!
    Rebecca- Safe travels to your sisters!
    Lisa I giggle every time you talk about Skyrizi (sp). lol It sounds like the new "hip" lingo the kids are using "skibidi, rizzi/Rizzo, etc." Whoot! More money from the feds? That's like winning the lottery?! Hurray!
    Rita- Bahahahha! I am going to have to remember the Cinderella joke! The kids will love it!
    still reading ttfn xoxoxo KJ
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    up to p 43
    Terri- Happy anniversary to you and your hubby! <3
    Pip- Gah! 82F at 4:40am?!?!! Torture!
    Rebecca- Safe travels to your sisters!
    Lisa I giggle every time you talk about Skyrizi (sp). lol It sounds like the new "hip" lingo the kids are using "skibidi, rizzi/Rizzo, etc." Whoot! More money from the feds? That's like winning the lottery?! Hurray!
    Rita- Bahahahha! I am going to have to remember the Cinderella joke! The kids will love it!
    still reading ttfn xoxoxo KJ

It is very pleasant going out that early, the sun isn’t out, sometimes there’s a light breeze. Great time to go, plus we get home early
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,462 Member
    pip – sure hope you’re better now. Take care of yourself. We need you

Michele NC
    who is waiting for the dishes in the dishwasher to cool off before putting them away
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,193 Member
    edited July 26
    Michelle Richard Simons was 76 when he died. Still too young. Keith Richards looks like death warmed over. He also has a chronic health condition.

Flea I have watched a sister and a husband die from cancer. They both went through conventional treatment. It was their choice. I support whatever a person chooses to do. I just more was spent on what is causing so many to get cancer. It is not just us dogs have a 50% chance by the time they are 10. This does not include the diabetics, heart disease, dementia, Parkinson's patients, and autoimmune conditions.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,975 Member
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,649 Member
    Good luck, Heather. I am so excited for you!

What a scare, Pip. Rest up.

Love to all.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR