WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,193 Member
    edited July 27
    They gave my DH steroids in-between when changing cancer drugs. In addition to everything else he was going through he ended up with AFib shortly thereafter. I wouldn't let DrewB be given steroids for her auto immune disease because she had a heart murmur. With DrewB I wanted to get at the root cause...The cause was a combo of things...Stress, pesticides (Flea, tick, heatworm treatment) , and over vaccinated. I eliminated all of these. I put her on an all organic mostly meat diet with supplements of super green, Vit C for dogs, and few drops of milk thistle for her liver.

The risks with steroids were too high with her heart and possible personality change...She still has low platelets but anemia, limp, and heart worm gone. Lowering stress,exercise, and changing to a healthy diet is what vastly improved her health.

Steroids also lower immunity by opening the door to other problems.

I just wish doctors would start with diet, exercise, and sleep as their first recommendation. Then again they have to trust their patients will be motivated enough to change.

My sister always thought she would start tomorrow. Tomorrow did not come for her!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,167 Member
    edited July 27
    Have to work the pay booth for 8 hours today and tomorrow. Guess this will be the norm until Labor Day. Not much else going on here.

Dinner yesterday was pan fried potatoes, sautéed spinach and Swiss chard, small piece of fish. A couple of overcooked jalapeño poppers. An orange for dessert.

3usetu5mghyn.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    They gave my DH steroids in-between when changing cancer drugs. In addition to everything else he was going through he ended up with AFib shortly thereafter. I wouldn't let DrewB be given steroids for her auto immune disease because she had a heart murmur. With DrewB I wanted to get at the root cause...The cause was a combo of things...Stress, pesticides (Flea, tick, heatworm treatment) , and over vaccinated. I eliminated all of these. I put her on an all organic mostly meat diet with supplements of super green, Vit C for dogs, and few drops of milk thistle for her liver.

The risks with steroids were too high with her heart and possible personality change...She still has low platelets but anemia, limp, and heart worm gone. Lowering stress,exercise, and changing to a healthy diet is what vastly improved her health.

Steroids also lower immunity by opening the door to other problems.

I just wish doctors would start with diet, exercise, and sleep as their first recommendation. Then again they have to trust their patients will be motivated enough to change.

My sister always thought she would start tomorrow. Tomorrow did not come for her!

I am not a fan of over medicating agree that people should pursue preventative measures like diet, exercise and sleep as a matter of course ... but I also know that meditations help.

My husband, for example takes a few for his brain injury, the epilepsy triggered by the brain injury, and his heart. Diet, exercise and sleep aren't enough.

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,677 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Rosemary- as of a couple days ago, no, the room mate hasn't moved out yet. I will find out more on Sunday when I call mom. Hoping she is gone or at least has a date set to be out when I go up next weekend.
    I need to talk with mom about bringing some furniture up for the room- just a dresser and a futon. We need a bed in there for not only me but any guests. It will be perfect because they are both in our storage unit from dh's aunt- both are really good quality and barely used. Nice to have them out of our way and mom won't have to worry about replacing what was given away when Joanne moved in.

Carol- my dh is the same way- road rage all the time over silly little things. There have been many times I have been tempted to just get out of the car and walk home or call for a ride. Every thing seems to set him off
    Glad you didn't do too much damage to your incision- take it easy!! Dh didn't after his first hip surgery and still has trouble with that one.

Heather- glad you are done with your second surgery, now to carefully heal up and get back to doing what you love and have been missing.

Rebecca- I know you have loved time with your grandkids but also know you are more than ready for a break- enjoy the time with your sister.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca

I will most likely be kinda emotional, and will just roll with it. Its been a definite change in my "awareness" and mommy instincts! My sister has a hot tub! She also bought some Baileys, and my favorite beer, Stella Artouis. I will probably have a drink most every night. Its all good.💖
    Rebecca
    Not in Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
    edited July 27
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-the stretching is helping me. Right now they want me doing them daily if possible-everything is extremely tight. Going to schedule a massage a bit earlier than normal too.

Barbara AHMOD-water is a good thing! I sent you a pm.

Annie-you are correct-always something with a house.

Pip-keeping an eye on electrolytes is a good idea. I drink an Armorlyte daily along with water and ice team etc, There's also dill pickle juice for an easy replacement.

Lanette-from my experience with folks with kidney issues, in most case transplant is preferred over dialysis. Dialysis is pretty rough on the body. They just have to evaluate every case on an individual basis.

Medications-I am in the conservative camp with them but many do serve a good purpose. Limited steroids have helped me with several issues over the years-but they have always been a short course and I have used therapy to help fix the issue. I am working to keep daily needed meds down. So when a new doctor's office said my ldl was 101 and they could put me on statins for it, I told them I would work on diet between now and next test. Don't think 1 point over requires medicine!

Slept well again last night. Still a bit tired (uti) but went for a 3 mile walk this am. It was lovely, but led to an hour nap! Now I need to get moving to get stuff straightened up and laundry done, check book balanced, bills paid and grandkids bday presents ordered.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I take pickle juice for cramps too along with magnesium pills

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,386 Member
    Pip-I know several folks who have had the 24 hour halter tests and they all did what they normally do (none of them as much as your daily routine!)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
    Stats for the day-

Outside bike ride- 2hrs 45min 53sec, 323elev, 60aw, 12.8amph, 134ahr, 161mhr, 35.30mi= 1237c
    Strava app= 665c