WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,119 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,964 Member
    Pip- Ive had to wear a holter monitor a couple times no biggie. Nothing like wearing that flippin defibrillator for 3 months post heart surgery..
    Love the nighttime soundd of summer with the crickets outside.
    Going to try and get some sleep ,wish me luck.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,430 Member
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-the stretching is helping me. Right now they want me doing them daily if possible-everything is extremely tight. Going to schedule a massage a bit earlier than normal too.

I stretch my calves in some way just about every day.
    The hopping, I do occasionally, although my running coach suggested a couple times a week.

ginnytez wrote: »
    Medications-I am in the conservative camp with them but many do serve a good purpose. Limited steroids have helped me with several issues over the years-but they have always been a short course and I have used therapy to help fix the issue. I am working to keep daily needed meds down. So when a new doctor's office said my ldl was 101 and they could put me on statins for it, I told them I would work on diet between now and next test. Don't think 1 point over requires medicine!

Slept well again last night. Still a bit tired (uti) but went for a 3 mile walk this am. It was lovely, but led to an hour nap! Now I need to get moving to get stuff straightened up and laundry done, check book balanced, bills paid and grandkids bday presents ordered.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

My BP, cholesterol and blood sugar are borderline high, but thankfully my doctors have told me that they are reluctant to prescribe medications at this point. They prefer to suggest diet and exercise.

However, for both my depression and my hot flashes, I'm on an antidepressant. That's the only regular medication I'm on, and it has been kind of funny when I've had to list my medications for a surgery or something and I've stated the one, and then I've been asked what else I'm on ... and the nurse expresses surprise that I'm only on one!

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited July 28
    Today’s gratitude: Tumble’s limp is no worse. 1/3 aspirin every 30 hrs or so seems to help. Next available appointment with vet is Sept 16. Calling every morning to see if any cancellations, but since neither life-threatening nor in extreme pain we get triaged out.
    Heather sorry the Xray session was so painful. Hope that’s that. Walking with crutches and getting to the loo Hooray!
    Carol yours to pip, amen, sister!
    Ginny I didn’t get your pm but here's the link.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265100/
    This table is what sold me, even though the sample is very small.
    i319uq2z1f5d.png

Pip thankful your Dr wants to see and monitor you. ((hugs))
    Thanks to dog group got over 9K steps in, hooray. Ready to snooze…
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,975 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,757 Member
    B)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,500 Member
    :o
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,722 Member
    Heather: Well done! You’ve got this sussed,!
    Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,212 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

I'm with Lisa on medication. Eacj one has to be evaluated separately for benefits and drawbacks. And that includes the "Natural" approach. Poison ivy is entirely natural but quite dangerous. And brushing your teeth is entirely unnatural but quite beneficial.

I have to put gas in my Dad's car today. I'm a little nervous because the gas light came on. If I don't make it to the gas station, my day will fall apart. But I probably will make it. I'm just scaring myself.

Allie your cruise sounds wonderful!

Heather and Carol, thinking about your recoveries.

Have a great day ladies! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,193 Member
    :heart:
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,212 Member
    Lisa you were right of course. I don't know why my Dad's car turns me into such an anxious ninny. But now it has gas and it's been run so it's good for the next week. I decided not to worry (lol) about selling it to my nephew until I actually hear from him. Although I am thinking about finding a time slot next month to have a mechanic go over it. But getting Teddy to the vet comes first.

Annie in Delaware