Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,576 Member
    Today’s gratitude: Vet can see Tumble tomorrow at 10, but danged if I know whether it's in the Brookings hospital or the Gold Beach clinic. Won’t make it to BB&B, but might get to dance.
    Heather so thankful pain-at-rest is gone. Hope pain-in-motion follows it away soon. Home. Ahh!
    Carol I’m with Sue, it’s hard for me to imagine knee replacement on an outpatient/same day basis. SMH.
    Lisa :love: the image of you on a step stool with an air gun in one hand and a hammer in the other. Wonder woman, or trying out for Rosie the Riveter?
    Lanettte won’t get a DEXA until September’s implants are healed. Then will discuss results with MD to try to stay off the alendronate ;) Tumble’s limp is like that funny sound your car makes… until you get it to the mechanic. Now that we have an appointment tomorrow, she hasn’t limped all day ;) I’m feeling unsettled and anxious. The universe must be trying to teach me to be flexible and unflappable. Have a massage Tuesday that I don’t want to cancel because they are booked months out, but must be home by 12:30 to meet with the life insurance nurse to see if they’ll sell me some. Thursday have a Chiropractor appointment at 10:30 but the warranty repair tech will be here any time between 8-5 to fix the lid lock on the new Speed Queen washing machine. It keeps locking and not releasing until I unplug the machine. Joe will have to demo and explain that to the tech if s/he gets here while I’m in town. I don’t like burdening Joe with details like that and I really don’t like having more than one “thing” scheduled a day (other than BB&B & line dancing). Grump!
    Debbie those pecan chewies sound delish!
    Flea, the Nancy Thiess Marshall/Chou Chia-Sheng story, wow, just WOW!
    Just finished straining my first batch of goat milk yogurt and Zing! It’s tangy! Not sure the end product is worth the work. The 2 qts I picked up today for next week’s chevre might have to be it for awhile.
    Well thank you ladies, checking in with you has calmed me down enough to try to sleep. I’ll simply call the vets at 8 when they open and find out which direction to drive . . . :laugh: And think about the washer tech tomorrow, at Tara ;)
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,978 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,736 Member
    Good morning, lovely ladies.

Heather: Boo to the downside of anaesthetics.

Tracey: We are all praying you get that offer.

We are going to our new optician this morning.

Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,214 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

Well my nephew is coming with his wife and two small kids, says my sister. I'm not sure how this is going to work, but I'm trying not to jump into the middle. I have not offered any airport trips because I am busy with the party. My sister is in charge of the sailing trip so she can worry about the kids on the boat. The baby might be eighteen months or so. The car might get sold or it might not; either way is okay. Deep breath, and no borrowing trouble. I just have to help clean, especially the papers and junk. And try to sneak in a shower. And make spaghetti and a salad for dinner. And wrap presents and keep dad out of trouble. I can do my part. And remember that no police and no hospital makes it a good day.

I do need to read up on how to sell a car. One idea was just to sign over the title. Another conflicting idea is that we need to return the handicap plate to the DMV. Then the buyer needs a temporary tag to get back to Ohio. Hmm. Maybe they can mail the plate back to us when they get a new one.

I can picture you all helping me to breathe deep and relax and think about kittens! Thank you so much!

Have a great day my friends! May you all be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,030 Member
    Since it's the Olympics. I thought I'd share this story of one of my former co-workers, when she was an Olympic gymnast in the 1972 Olympics. Very inspiring. I've heard her tell this story so many times, and it makes me cry every time. The experience changed her life.

https://youtu.be/BL3nRa07qIE?si=FUMwGNFazgq2uF9n

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

That was beautiful!
  • pipcd34
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,197 Member
    edited July 29
    Flea Thank you for sharing her story!

Working on breathing through my nose especially at night. Nose breathing has many health benefits. The current book I am reading refers to James Nestor who wrote Breathe. There are other ways to improve your health besides diet and exercise. Learning to breathe properly through your nose can help with anxiety too! When we are upset there is a tendency to breathe shallow and through the mouth. If this continues too long it can contribute to other health problems like dental problems, sleep apnea, and weight gain.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,973 Member
    Ugh had a whole post set and it went poof
    Alfie staying another day with Tom and my throat still scratchy. And head still full..
    Im not much into the Olympics so will not be watching that..
    Hope everyone enjoyed there weekend.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,578 Member
    Like Allie, long, long, post went pouff! :#:#:#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,690 Member
    I love the olympics, and all the stories, but Flea that is a story I have never heard and it is so heart warming. I want to believe it could happen today too.

Kim in N. California
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,565 Member
    MFP Weekly Check-in July 29, 2024

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - down a pound this week- was expecting a gain beings I walked less and didn't have aqua zumba this week. Two more weeks and I will be back walking the wetlands a couple days a week- summer vacation is over for Ezie then.

Barbara on the Southern Oregon Coast -
    Better than yesterday:
    Move: steps 6/7, PT 3/7, dog group, 2 BB&B, 3 line dance classes and 1 line dance demo.
    Fuel: sugar 5/7, CI<CO 7/7, AF 1/7 – opportunity for improvement here!
    Wt today up a half pound from last Sunday.
    Still not enough PT. Challenge again this week will be to do some form of PT every day there is no BB&B class.

Rita in Roswell, NM - I’m up 3.2 pounds this week. Not sure why. I will not let it bother me, rather, I’,m focusing on the 10 pounds I lost in 6 weeks and keep following my plan! Started at 186 today at 175.9. Still good! RVRita

Lanette SW WA State – I have now lost a total of 10 pounds since March 6th, 2024. I’m loosely following the Diabetes Prevention plan presented in my Zoom class, and Rita’s plan (similar) except I’m cutting back carbs quite a bit more and am being more generous with the healthy fats. I’ve had to cut back on the walking outside to let my feet heal, but am doing more stretches and massages/foot care which are helping. Still doing a bit of house walking and limited Farmer’s walk, both with 8# weights and also with heavy watering cans outside.