Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,578 Member
    Yes, my post miraculously reappeared! Don't know how it did that. :*

Will be taking my pre bed painkillers soon, and hope for a good enough night. Last night wasn't too bad, but I was awake from 4 am. I'm reading a book I'm enjoying on my Kindle, Murder at the Monastery, by Richard Coles. It's the third in the series. It means the dark hours are bearable. I treated myself to it for the op, because it was very expensive for a Kindle book. It's too hot to actually get in bed, so I'm lying on the covers and wearing the same housedress as in the day. It works for me as I don't have to struggle in and out of things, apart from knickers. I'll change tomorrow.

Carol - How are you doing?

Flea - Loved the video. What a unique memory. :)

I now have one physio appointment for the right hip, and another for the left hip. Oh well. They are funded by the hospital, so I imagine they like to keep the paperwork straight!

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,973 Member
    ❤️
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,860 Member
    I am so far behind. Our trip went well until the night before we came home. DH and I were both hit with a stomach bug. Made for interesting trip home. Then I was sick for 3 more days. Am feeling better and then I came back to work and my new person gave 2 days notice and quit. So one day at a time.
    Rebecca--I hope they can figure something out soon. I love my grandchlidren, but a couple hours is enough. It is good they have you to help, but don't want to make you ill.
    Heather--sorry about the news of your brother. So glad that you are doing so well and home.
    Flea--The spoons it makes so much sense.
    Terri--Happy 58th Anniversary.
    Carol--I am so sorry. Prayers that things get better quickly
    Pip--That sounds scary. I hope you can get it figured out and not happen again.
    Well I am caught up and time to finish up the day and go home. DH stayed home today not feeling well. A lot of flu going around and I think he did not give himself enough time last week. He tested negative so just resting
    Traci--Prayers you hear soon. They would be lucky to have you.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,736 Member
    Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,030 Member
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    I am so far behind. Our trip went well until the night before we came home. DH and I were both hit with a stomach bug. Made for interesting trip home. Then I was sick for 3 more days. Am feeling better and then I came back to work and my new person gave 2 days notice and quit. So one day at a time.
    Rebecca--I hope they can figure something out soon. I love my grandchlidren, but a couple hours is enough. It is good they have you to help, but don't want to make you ill.
    Heather--sorry about the news of your brother. So glad that you are doing so well and home.
    Flea--The spoons it makes so much sense.
    Terri--Happy 58th Anniversary.
    Carol--I am so sorry. Prayers that things get better quickly
    Pip--That sounds scary. I hope you can get it figured out and not happen again.
    Well I am caught up and time to finish up the day and go home. DH stayed home today not feeling well. A lot of flu going around and I think he did not give himself enough time last week. He tested negative so just resting
    Traci--Prayers you hear soon. They would be lucky to have you.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

It’s not a big deal really, just part of bike riding, it’s happened before, I have no doubt it will happen again.
  • pipcd34
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,503 Member
    I was going to post a photo of my knee and foot but decided it was too gross! Today has been a bad day for walking since the fall. Have a dr appointment Tues and just hope they can help with the swelling and black and blue.

Vicki ~ So sorry to hear you are losing yet another employee. That place must be a terrible place to work if so many keep leaving.

Lisa ~ I am lactaid intollerant and glad you have found relief in products that don't upset your tummy.

Carol in GA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 30
    Carol - Thank you so much for that. I've never been able to use Lactaid successfully - it just made me feel awful in a different way, painfully bloated with no relief. To be able to enjoy yogurt, which I've loved for years but couldn't eat without pain and horrible gas sounds like a small thing. It feels like an absolute gift. I hope the docs can get you some relief from the swelling and pain.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,978 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,576 Member
    Today’s gratitude: Tumble’s issue is likely a soft tissue injury from when I dropped a branch across her back. No X-rays needed, no trouble with her hips or discs. 10 day course of carprofen with massage along spine and warm compresses (towel from dryer). Just love Dr. Chris, wish he could clone himself ;)
    Ginny thanks for the reminder about K2 MK4 vs MK7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3502319/ Had to check my D3K2 label, it’s MK7, whew! Healing thoughts for your staff member. The fatigue must be devastating.
    Lisa Joe long ago learned to wait until I finished my first cup of tea before trying to say or ask me to do anything :naughty: Your prior reaction to Lactaid is what happened to me with Bean-o. :sick: So glad you’re now able to enjoy the yogurt, naturally occurring probiotics are the best imho.
    Annie “no police and no hospital makes it a good day” Truth! When telling about the nephews we fostered when they were 13, 14 and 16 I always conclude with “… and no one’s in jail!” ;}
    Barbie yay Annie! Wish we had free Covid tests here, it should be a concern but keep hearing of people infected/exposed continuing to mingle unmasked. Grr.
    Beth your oven issue sounds like what ours did. Gas smell while not coming up to temp due to faulty igniter. But since Joe was never an appliance repairman we had to wait weeks for the warranty repair guy to come. ;( Enjoy your pool, hope your back pain eases and Xrays are helpful.
    Michele any word on your stove?
    That’s it, time to snooze.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,214 Member
    I found the extra coasters! Yay! Sometimes it's the little things!

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,761 Member
    Annie - Sometimes it IS the little things. Enjoy as much of all this as you can and just let the rest go... Have a good day, dear heart.

Heather - Fun to see you already getting back toward your real life! Your realistic streak has done so much to keep you healthy and moving forward.

Am taking a break from masking off the few elements we would really like to keep unpainted under the carport. Three glass doors, to be specific. But because I was up at 3 a.m., I'm off my routines completely, and spaced out taking my morning pain meds earlier. A few minutes, and it will cut in. Corey's just gotten up - I've been rattling around in the house until an hour or so ago, and will be able to put in another hour or so outside, then the temperature will be too high for me.

Lots to get done before that...

More later, kids,
    Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34