Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,171 Member
    Today is: Raspberry cake, avocados to celebrate today. It is also Ranger’s Day so I will send messages to our rangers for that!

9gejmytx7by5.jpeg
    ebvdpnvb649i.png

RVRita in Roswell
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 861 Member
    Thought I had posted this, but now I can't find it so....
    Sharon it's good to see you! I've been thinking about you and look forward to hearing about the last two years!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,860 Member
    Sharon--So happy to see you post again. You were missed.
    Rebecca--Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
    Lisa--Looks really nice. I understand just for you, that is why I want to take the tube out and put in walk-in shower. Just for us.
    Lanette--Part of the problem with HR is that it is not local. Everything is done out of state and they have all of CHI to handle which our division is 5 states.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,761 Member
    Kim - Ha! Funny, it would have never occurred to me to store any kind of food, whether it's in a can or behind a locked door or not, in a garage or a carport. Seen folks build pantries into laundry rooms, as well, and I've stored packaged foods under beds, in closets in bedrooms, and so on, but never in a garage. Just couldn't make it compute!

Love,
    Lisa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,973 Member
    Ive tried to write notes 3 times and poof-soo im just not going to bother..
    All is ok..
    Can't believe It's August already..
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited July 31
    Barbie… happy to hear that you’ve found a new friend!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,122 Member
    :) We kept dog food in the garage until the critters found it. Now the only extras we keep out there are TP and garbage bags.

:) It's time for the new thread. Here is the link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10921010/women-ages-50-for-august-2024#latest
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 176 Member
    Goodbye to July and thank you all for welcoming me!

See you on the August thread!

xo Jean
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,736 Member
    Busy couple of hours. Had my eye test on Monday, with a fortnight for delivery. I’m reading at a function Tuesday 6 August and have been selecting pieces to read. So much work in the garden, but it’s worth it for the fresh veg.

Allie: Welcome to Onederland! 😂

Carol - That must have been a nasty fall. I hope the docs can get you some relief from the swelling and pain.

Sharon: Hi. Always good when someone comes back to us. 😂

Today I have some computer work I want to do, and laundry to put away.

Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 67 Member
    While I was swimming in the pool, I got a text from work asking if I could continue to care for the 4-year-old who was dying. I said I wouldn't want it any other way. I have cared for her since she was a baby, so it is only suitable to be with her as she passes. However, she may not pass this weekend.
    I look forward to seeing my Cherub, too. I worry about her going home to her mom. I question how a mom can leave her baby in an ant mound for so long to give her scars on her back and some on her face from the bites. She is so sporadic with visits, too. She is supposed to learn how to care for her, and she rarely comes to the hospital to visit. They say her drug test lately only shows MJ. So we will see.
    I am excited and apprehensive about the trip to New York. I have purchased all of the tickets for the week. So, Monday is dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant. Tuesday, we are going to the Metropolitan Museum; Wednesday, the Empire State Building; Thursday, we are going to a Broadway show- Wicked; and Friday- off to the Airport to catch my 6:00 am flight back home. I will try to be good and not eat the wrong foods. I will use their gym in the hotel as well. I will miss swimming, but having Mother and Son's time will be great.
    The Memory Care called to tell me that my mom caught Covid:(. I had her shots done and boosters, too. I am going to bring my mask to New York with me. I was hospitalized with it.

Lisa, I love your pantry. I need to scrub mine down and put a lining on the shelf. I did go through and throw away all of the out-of-date stuff. It is a little tight around the water heater. Maybe instead of lining the shelves, I will paint them. I am trying to pack up some things, too. Growing up in California, I never had a pantry, which is lovely. I love how yours is so bright and happy. I can see where everything is.
    Allie- When is your cruise?
    Pip- How are you feeling?
    Barbie, it sounds like you met a friendly neighbor. It was also lovely that your dogs got along well.
    Happy August, everyone!
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 67 Member
    August is here, and I do not know where everyone is. I am back from New York, and I tried to catch up with everyone, but I do not see any new posts. How is everyone this month? School started so early this year. I had a blast in New York with my son. He looks good, and we went to the Met and Empire State Building on a rainy, cloudy day, so it was hard to see anything. The Broadway show Wicked was terrific, and the seats were great. The pizza was delightful. They took my patient four year old off of the ventilator.
    Mom did a balloon release in her memory. She was not the same before I left; she stopped talking, and it was only the vent that was keeping her alive. My cherub was happy and loved her baths and playing in the water. This week, I took care of two boys and a girl. One boy has been living in the hospital for his entire life. I have known him since he was three and now he is 17. He is completely paralyzed. I gave him a haircut, washed his hair, and gave him a good bath. He looked better. My other patient was a 16-year-old GSW. So I talked to the dad about gangs and how it would be hard for his son to be in that environment and be considered "safe." They decided to move to Texas. The choices the youth make are heartbreaking. I remember when I was in Chicago, and this young man was being questioned about his decision to join a gang. He said no and that he had promised his mom no gangs. The response was that your mom is going to get you killed. I wanted to grab that boy and protect him from danger. I worried about my son getting bullied because he is a nerd obsessed with science. He told me he would not fit in public middle school, so we put him in private school, which paid off. Unfortunately, the only bully he encountered was his sister.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    This is the link to the August thread. Barbie starts us off fresh each month.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10921010/women-ages-50-for-august-2024#latest

Okie in the TX Hill Country