Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 266

Replies

• Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 780 Member
    @Skyleen75 - your insights… “math doesn’t math” 💯. Have you decided your next adventure after the market?! We want to know!
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 936 Member
    @Chapter_3: LOVE that photo- and totally agree!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Chapter_3 wrote: »
    lg8daczuecq7.jpeg

⬆️ Avoid this poison and you are headed to victory!

We need a similar warning photo for the dessert /ice cream isle!

@SModa61 @judefit1

@chapter_3 accurate photo. Just have to remember that is how I feel. :)
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 3,015 Member
    judefit1 wrote: »
    @SModa61:
    Last night (1 am cat fight) I had to get back to sleep, and I use podcasts. I was listening to this one: https://www.halfsizeme.com/hsm646/ What I heard before falling back asleep seemed pertinent. Going to listen to it again on my drive this morning and see what I think.

I do know that checking in here, even if there are no responses, is very therapeutic. It is a bit like a diary or journal. I have to understand what it is that I want to say, in order to put it in writing, and I think that gives me insights into myself.

I also listen to podcasts to get to sleep,and in the car! I'll give this one a try today:-) and ditto to what you said- for me, organizing my thoughts into sentences is very therapeutic- thanks for sharing, have a great day!

@judefit1 BTW I use these so my husband does not divorce me https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GY6R1BQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,970 Member
    Chapter_3 wrote: »
    @musicsax
    I’m going to go out on a limb here… forgive me if I have stepped over any boundaries….

I recognize that your posts mention “X amount of exercise calories eaten back”

I’m assuming you are a premium subscriber to MFP and I am as well. I opted to NOT turn on this option. In my mind, it gave me permission to eat more and I wasn’t convinced it was accurate … I also doubt my watch is accurate… So I decided to play it safe & I turned that option off. I looked back over my entries & my average calorie burned is 500-700 active cal per day… I do not eat these back and it still takes me forever to lose a pound. I’m mentioning this because I’m assuming that MFP uses a logarithm and I don’t believe it is a “one size fits all”. I opted to be as conservative as possible. I truly believe that if I ate into my active calories burned I would see little to no movement on the scale or progress. I’m only offering this from my perspective and hoping it might help. Everyone is different.

@_JeffreyD_ I believe your conundrum regarding macros (shifting amounts) is related to your setting preferences re: credit for activity. (The same feature that I mention above). Perhaps your preferences are allow for changing calorie and macro goals when activity increases. MFP gives you the option of how to assign your macros when activity allows a calorie adjustment …. To increase your macros, proportionately, or by %. All of that is way too complicated for me, so I just turned it off…

Sometimes keeping it simple is the best way to go. I’m thinking that many may not be familiar with these bells & whistles, so I just thought I would share from my personal experience. I’m hoping this kernel of information could be helpful.

Thank you. I will mess with this a bit.
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,970 Member
    @_JeffreyD_ I have never used MFP for tracking. I use Senza. It’s free, I can change my macros to what works for me and when I log something it deducts those macros from my daily goals/limits. By tapping that area it will show how much I have gone over or am under. the only thing I wish was different is the label above each. I can change from total carbs to net carbs easily, should I want.
    CAL TC PRO FAT
    v1rcflg38qd1.jpeg
    qrih3qsb7f3e.jpeg
    So yesterday I was under calories, over on protein and under on fat. Carbs show an “over” arrow but 0 quantity. Later this morning their algorithm will give me a score. Not sure how that works but I will try to remember to post it too.

Just what I need, another app on my phone! HA! I will take a look while DW takes the wheel today.
  • Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 780 Member
    judefit1 wrote: »
    Jude, 5'-2, 67 YO
    HW 165
    CW: 125ish

I’m a serial dieter/gainer whose weight has varied by 50 lbs over the years; I’m working to change my relationship with food. I joined this group in 12/23 at 147, lost 22 lbs and reached my goal in 4/24. I’m now working to understand my patterns so I know where my pitfalls are. My goal is to remain within the same 3-4 lb range for good!

EW Rnd 265: 126.6
    SW Rnd 265: 125.0
    Previous rounds:
    SW Rnd 245: 146.6
    SW Rnd 246: 147.0
    SW Rnd 247: 143.4
    SW Rnd 248: 140.8
    SW Rnd 249: 140.6
    SW Rnd 250: 137.2
    SW Rnd 251: 136.2
    SW Rnd 252: 134.2
    SW Rnd 253: 133.4
    SW Rnd 254: 131.6
    SW Rnd 255: 130.0
    SW Rnd 256: 128.8
    SW Rnd 257: 126.8
    SW Rnd 258: 129.0 post AZ trip
    SW Rnd 259: 126.0
    SW Rnd 260: 124.8
    SW Rnd 261: 125.2
    SW Rnd 262:126.6
    SW Rnd 263: 123.4
    SW Rnd 264: 124.4
    SW Rnd 265: 125.0 post MV trip
    SW Rnd 266:125.0
    Goals this round:
    * reminder to self: weekends aren’t a “free-for-all”!
    * more cardio- bike on hot days; walks on nice mornings
    * no mindless snacking of empty calories/ wine only when out
    * weigh every day

7/15: 125.0
    7/16: 124.4
    7/17: 124.4
    7/18: 125.0
    7/19: 124,4
    7/20: 126.0
    7/21: 125.4
    7/22: 125.0
    7/23:
    7/24:

7/22: another quiet day, yoga, yard work and planning for our trip, then hanging out in the back yard. Two beautiful and peaceful days to just regroup. I love all the activity, but tend to make myself too busy, so this was great.

DD#1 completed the 2 1/2 mile swim and 116 mile bike portions of the Ironman; in the last 35 miles her hip started to bother her so she finished the bike and called it enough. She was in the water 1:51 and on the bike 8:40, for a total of 10 hrs 31 mins. I'm incredibly proud of her hard work, and also her wisdom in stopping without injury. Here she is pre-race with her two girls:

u7zot7p4ongx.jpeg

I LOVE this photo! Mom modeling strong mind & body with all the smiles = such joy!
    Yes, you have so much to be proud of! ❤️

• jspecies11
    jspecies11 Posts: 1,123 Member
    @Onewomanswalk
    Welcome back! Glad you are getting better. Knees are tough but you’ve got this.