100 day Challenge July 19 – October 26.24

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,770 Member
    This morning before DD and DGS woke up I was really thinking about what has been going on this year in my “diet” life and plan. I really realized how much my renovations have stood in the way of my old habits. I have had a lot of renovations in the past couple of years but they always stop before Thanksgiving and the break lasts through January (so I can undecorate Christmas). I actually did better during that down time last year even with the holidays than I have done since (during the renos). I realized that I am just not cooking like I did before. Much more processed food in my diet. Much more sodium. I usually skip breakfast for IF. Lunch has mainly been a quick sandwich (on low carb bread with fresh avocado instead of mayo), dinner is usually something frozen or very processed and quick. While it often technically fits into my macros I know that it is standing in the way. Most of you who know me know that I am not a veggie eater or a fruit eater as I do have some eating disorders in regards to those. But honestly, I’m just too drained by the time the crew leaves every day to cook what I can eat. And it’s difficult to cook for one to begin with. There is also not much pleasure in sitting down and eating alone most of the time so dinner is just eaten to quickly satisfy my hunger. It is already challenging enough trying to watch my sugars (I’m diabetic), keep my meals heart-healthy (prior heart attack and stent), and to watch my calories and carbs. I just don’t have the answers because I still have months of renovations ahead of me. Weekends are tough to batch cook because of my DD and DGS being here. And I am often so busy already just trying to clean up the house after the men, catch up on laundry, do my shopping, make my visits to my friends/family because I can’t leave during the week etc. I run ragged on the weekends already and am often babysitting on top of it all. Sorry for another long post but any ideas are appreciated. If I find the time today, I may try to look for simple and easy recipes that won’t completely drain me. I made scrambled eggs the other day and it felt like I was cooking a 7 course meal for King Charles. It is so bad that I am even taking prenatal vitamins as advised by my doctor. I must say that I was dancing and exercising more often in the house in the years past, but now there is no room. I mean, my king size bed is still in the living room and my bedroom furniture is parked all over the house. I am seriously lacking space and most of the day I can’t leave for walks. I do get a little time on my exercise bike when I’m not too exhausted. Help, my friends! I don’t see that there are any answers but maybe someone out there will think of something I haven’t.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,795 Member
    @SoEpicSoMe

I love your quote about how our bodies achieve what our mind believes.
    I look forward to more quotes from you!

@yvtmgregoire

I feel the same with the extreme heat, like my body is puffy and holding on to every drop of water.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,770 Member
    100 Days of Weighing In #20 ^^^^^ July 19th through October 26th, 2024

weight.png

“We will encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” ~Maya Angelou

My Name is Donna, Age 64. I am 5’5” tall & I live in Northern Michigan USA
    Starting Weight from End of Last Challenge: : 188.6
    Goal This Round: 176.6
    Challenge Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this challenge: xxxxx

Previous Rounds Tally & Thoughts:

Round #1 --- 199,8
    Round #2 --- 186.8
    Round #3 --- 195.6
    Round #4 --- 211.0
    Round #5 --- 211.3
    Round #6 --- 205.4
    Round #7 --- 207.6
    Round #8 --- 195.2
    Round #9 --- 185.2
    Round #10—195.2
    Round #11---200.8
    Round #12---200.4
    Round #13---196.2
    Round #14---191.2
    Round #15---194.0
    Round #16---188.0
    Round #17---183.8
    Round #18---182.2
    Round #19---188.6
    Round #20---

Thoughts at the beginning of this challenge:

Last round I had my normal goal of a 12 pound loss which is approximately 4 lbs per month. That comes to about 90 days leaving the other 10 open for special holidays and social occasions. In theory, it’s a good plan. In practice it is a Mountain to Crawl, uphill, both ways. However, each 100 day round I am extremely grateful for any progress I CAN make, no matter how big or small. Sadly, I gained a little over 6 pounds last round. I hope to turn all that back around this round. After all, here in Northern Michigan I wait a very long time each year to finally get to good weather and more outside activity. I really want to capitalize on the good weather in the summer months and increase activity and drop pounds. I’m failing miserably with this so far in 2024. Time to maximize the rest of summer and early fall with challenge #20 and make the magic happen! I am so very grateful for all the support from all of you that I get on a daily basis. Working on my health has become my #1 priority. My main goals are to maintain my remission by staying cancer free and to keep my diabetes in control. Losing weight is key to both goals.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

Day 01-07/19-188.0-(Trend weight 188.7)

Day 02-07/20-186.2-(Trend weight 188.4) A nice little drop today which has made me wake up incredibly hungry. Today will likely be a battle, especially since my Foodie DD and DGS are here again. Yesterday she worked all day and then they were invited somewhere for dinner so that really helped me stick to my macros. Today I am not sure of their plans yet but with this hunger, I hope they will leave for the day so I will not have so much temptation. This is part of the “backbone and not wishbone” that I was talking about the other day, I suppose. My macros have been consistently showing that I am way over on my sodium levels. Mainly because of cottage cheese (or other low carb cheeses). It also really hurts when I eat anything processed, like lunch meat for a sandwich or breakfast meat of any kind with my eggs. Of course, as a diabetic I have to watch my sugars too. When my sodium is a bit lower, my sugars tend to show higher grams. Gosh its tough to balance all the macros and the sodium and sugars too all while counting both calories and carbs. Its like a full time job! I have a few go-to meals that work wonderfully but if I overdo them I end up in a boredom binge to defy ever having to eat them again! The battle is ON today. 1. Stay away from daughter. 2. Prelog and stick to eating plan. 3. Get in some exercise. 4. Watch my macros. 5. Watch EVERY stat but especially the salt and sugar for health reasons. 6. Stay creative. Wednesday is my stress test for my heart. It’s been almost 2 yrs since my last one. Last time they ended up placing a stent in the heart. I want to stay extra good on my plan between now and Wednesday.

Day 03-07/21-188.0-(Trend weight 188.5) Back up after a nice lunch out while shopping yesterday (out-of-town). Too many snacks last night on top of it all. Another quick-grab day that did not serve me.

Day 04-07/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 05-07/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 06-07/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 07-07/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 1 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 1 Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Accumulated Loss or Gain: xxxxx

Future Weeks to Come

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

Day 08-07/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 09-07/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 10-07/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 11-07/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 12-07/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 13-07/31-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 14-08/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 2 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 2 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 15-08/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 16-08/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 17-08/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 18-08/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 19-08/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 20-08/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 21-08/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 3 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 3 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 22-08/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 23-08/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 24-08/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 25-08/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 26-08/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 27-08/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 28-08/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 4 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 4 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 29-08/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 30-08/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 31-08/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 32-08/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 33-08/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 34-08/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 35-08/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 5 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 5 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 36-08/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 37-08/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 38-08/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 39-08/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 40-08/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 41-08/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 42-08/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 6 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 6 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 43-08/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 44-08/31-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 45-09/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 46-09/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 47-09/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 48-09/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 49-09/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 7 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 7 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 50-09/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Halfway Progress Report: …..Pounds Lost so Far:

Day 51-09/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 52-09/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 53-09/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 54-09/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 55-09/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 56-09/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 8 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 8 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 57-09/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 58-09/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 59-09/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 60-09/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 61-09/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 62-09/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 63-09/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 9 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 9 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 64-09/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 65-09/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 66-09/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 67-09/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 68-09/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 69-09/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 70-09/26-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 10 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 10 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 71-09/27-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 72-09/28-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 73-09/29-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 74-09/30-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 75-10/01-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 76-10/02-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 77-10/03-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 11 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 11 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 78-10/04-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 79-10/05-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 80-10/06-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 81-10/07-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 82-10/08-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 83-10/09-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 84-10/10-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 12 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 12 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 85-10/11-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 86-10/12-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 87-10/13-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 88-10/14-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 89-10/15-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 90-10/16-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 91-10/17-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 13 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx
    Week 13 Ending Weight: xxxxx

Day 92-10/18-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 93-10/19-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 94-10/20-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 95-10/21-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 96-10/22-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 97-10/23-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 98-10/24-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 99-10/25-xxxxx-(Trend weight xxxxx)

Day 100-10/26…..(Final Weigh- In)-xxxxx-(trend weight xxxxx)

WEEK 14 LOSS OR GAIN: xxxxx (9 days)
    Week 14 Ending Weight: xxxxx

• dawnbgethealthy
    Hi : - )
    I am Dawn.
    5'2"
    Cranbrook, BC

The most that I have ever lost on one of these 100s is 7lbs.
    I have gained in each of the last 6 of them!
    I am not sure what it is going to take, but I would like to get back to 130 and below.

Day 01--07/19 – 147.2
    Day 02—07/20 – 147.6 - I was pressed for time yesterday so didn't get a chance to post before leaving for my 2 jobs. Just working one today, later on. It is very hot here and is forecast to be even hotter next week. I have the sprinkler on my garden in its second spot, I will have to move it a few more times. Heading out to the Farmer's Market 2 blocks from here. Yes, I grow my own food, but I will pick up some eggs. No stone fruit this year due to weird weather, so no apricots, cherries etc. Off tomorrow so might indulge a little tonight after work.
    Day 03—07/21 – 148.4 - I made myself a pita pizza last night. It did fit into my calories. I woke up feeling fairly lean this morning, so I was excited to weigh. Sigh. Ouch. Day off today, so I am putting together a nice dinner which will be eaten early. I will gather a bunch of stuff from my garden.
    Day 04—07/22 –
    Day 05—07/23 –
    Day 06—07/24 –
    Day 07—07/25 –

Week 1 Goal: 146.2
    Week 1 actual weight:

Starting weight of this 100: 147.2
  • dawnbgethealthy
    This is from a MFP blog.

I found it interesting:

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/foods-for-concentration/
  • ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,943 Member

👋😃 Hi I’m Jeanne!

I’m 48. 5’4’’. Live in Canada 🇨🇦. This is my 5th-100 days challenge. This is working for me. Bad Yo-yoing days are finally gone. Finally loosing weight slowly but surely. Any amount going ⬇️ is a WIN for me!!! Let’s do this!!!!

Day 01—07/19 – 153.0
    Day 02—07/20 – 153.8
    Day 03—07/21 – 155.4
    Total day for me 4️⃣0️⃣3️⃣

Day 04—07/22 –
    Day 05—07/23 –
    Day 06—07/24 –
    Day 07—07/25 –
    Week 1 Goal: 150
    Week 1 actual weight: