Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 267

Replies

• Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 783 Member
    edited July 31
    @tiabirdie56 Inspiring!
    I love that you’re trying different types of WOE. I have also practiced keto, carnivore, and Ketovore. Those of us who have tried these WOE understand the nuanced differences… It is so cool that you’re finding out what works best for you!

I know that I will be VERY low carb forever… Definitely works for me. I’ve been averaging under 10 -15 carbs per day. Im rotating 10-20. I’m experimenting with much higher protein to build/maintain muscle / lose fat - keeping my weight steady. Whole Foods are key.

For me, it’s also about a regular routine, keeping the same monotonous “fuel” daily/weekly and then planning ahead for days that are more fluid. Food is no longer as dominant… It’s moving much more firmly toward a “necessity” now.

@fmfdfa2020 ❤️ Thank you. I think I mentioned once before that this journey we are on is not about “losing weight” it’s about healing…. BTW: you are an inspiration too!

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,095 Member
    edited July 31
    @Chapter_3, I have been pretty much diehard low glycemic, low carb, high protein lean meats, lean poultry, fish since my mid 20's. When I began keto in 2018 that was so different! I tried it in order to lose excess weight gained from an injury. It definitely worked. I lost 89lbs in a year, but I didn't like how I looked. I thought it was too fast and regained 10 on purpose. Held that for a while until I encountered a lot of stress in my life to the point of adrenal fatigue. Up and down w/weight according to the amount of stress since then. There are a couple of positive physical changes I've noticed since eating more red meat. I'll wait another month to speak on it. Scale is back and forth by 5lbs. I report my scale weight but can't claim a loss yet.