🍂THE BLC56 - BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE Registration for FALL ROUND🍂

GRACIEC6
GRACIEC6 Posts: 1,523 Member
kslcfl0ayad5.png

🍂REGISTRATION FOR PLACEMENT ON THE REGULAR TEAMS FOR THE FALL ROUND (BLC 56) IS OPEN!

BE SURE TO JOIN OUR REGISTRATION TEAM TO POST ANY COMMENTS OR REPLIES!

We are the BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE -- More fondly referred to as the BLC!
Join the BLC family and reach your goals! Registration for Round 56 opens August 1 and closes August 28. Sign up early to get your choice of team.

If you are new to the BLC, join us by registering in the Registration Discussion. Follow this link to learn more about the BLC:
https://blcteam.weebly.com/orientation-page.html

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ FIRST!

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE REGISTRATION TEAM AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THERE TO SIGN UP

Contact AALLEY5 or GRACIEC6 with any questions.

BLC56 - FALL ROUND -
Doors open August 28
First Weigh-in September 4
Week 1 - September 4 - 10
Week 2 - September 11 - 17
Week 3 - September 18 - 24
Week 4 - September 25 - October 1
Week 5 - October 2 - 8
Week 6 - October 9 - 15
Week 7 – October 16 - 22
Week 8 - October 23 - 29
Week 9 - October 30 - November 5
Week 10 –November 6 - 12
Week 11 - November 13 - 19
Week 12 - November 20 - 26
Final Weigh-in - November 27

Registration for All - August 1 - 28
Registration ends August 28 and Members should start posting introductions on the BLC56 Team Threads

Replies

• GRACIEC6
    GRACIEC6 Posts: 1,523 Member
    jefx4rswewg6.jpg

Hi - I'm Grace, one of the Captains of the NAVY NINJA TEAM! I've been with the BLC (Biggest Loser Challenge) for around 12 years. I've lost weight and even when I gain some back, I'm able to keep it to a minimum with the support and challenge of our teams! I've made life long friends and know they're always there for me!

Follow the link in the first post to find our Registration Team

READ ABOUT ALL THE TEAMS ON:

THE BLC WEBSITE
  • pkctts1
    pkctts1 Posts: 204 Member
    Hey everyone—I’m Pam from the Bronze Wellness Warriors, one of the fabulous teams you can join on the next round of The Biggest Loser Challenge.

The name is a bit dated now, but that’s because we’ve been doing this since the show was on TV. The approach has been modified A LOT, but the support, camaraderie and healthy competition still remain.

⬆️ Go to the links in the first post and check us out.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 878 Member
    edited July 29
    Hello potential new teammates! I am Cindy from the Determined Desert Tortoise team.
    This will be my 3d round with the team. The accountability and team support has helped me lose 32 pounds since January.
    We are a very inclusive team and will help YOU find a path to a healthier life. Our team is very diverse and hugely interactive.
    We also like to get a little silly on occasion. Our weekend challenges are all about having fun!
    Check us out and join us for 12 weeks of dedicated teamwork!
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 10,710 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Deb and I am a member of Bronze Wellness Warriors. I joined for the first time last round and have to say, it has significantly helped me focus more on exercise, eating healthy, and my emotional well being. All of my teammates were exceptionally welcoming and supportive. I immediately felt like I was a member of the family. Come join us and we will welcome you too!
  • Rickismom1
    Rickismom1 Posts: 167 Member
    Hello! I am Ruth from the POWERFUL PRISM PANTHERS team.
    Our team isfor people who are either at or near maintenance, or for people who have already lost a lot of weight. Ie, we are people who KNOW what we need to do to loose/maintain, but who may need encouragement/help in implementing those good routines in a REAL world.
    We do not generally participate in the BLC challenges. Instead, each of us has her own specific goals in areas of sleep, nutrition, exercise, and more, (ie what you know will work for YOU without a bunch of fluff!). We track and report on these goals, and also try to up our interest and progress with a weekly "Captain's Challenge" .
    We are all pretty busy ladies, so we are a more laid-back team, but very welcoming and supportive!!
    Our moto is:
    5ql4zu0dotpa.jpg
  • pkctts1
    pkctts1 Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 30
    You’ll see us continually posting on this thread because that keeps it up top where people will see it.

And we want you to see it because we LOVE new members on our teams.

Pam
    Bronze Wellness Warriors
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,846 Member
    Please join us for the next round of the Biggest Loser Challenge. If you are looking for something to help you keep accountable or motivated and have some fun at the same time - look no further. I joined the challenge a couple rounds ago and had so much fun. I liked it so much I became a captain of Determined Desert Tortoises. Our team, and many of the other great teams at BLC, is looking for new members and we would love for you to join us. The Determined Desert Tortoises are a wonderful group; sharing great ideas, support, motivation, and accountability in such a nonjudgmental way.
    sexopqdyiymf.png
  • jenshaines
    jenshaines Posts: 1,374 Member
    Hi! I'm JenH Captain of Azure Destinations! I've been involved with the BLC both here and on Sparkpeople where it originated. During this time I got from 253 to 153!!! I've gained some of it back now, which is why I'll probably always need the support and challenges I find here! Please come join us!

naogvd8qmh56.jpeg
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,645 Member
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    Please join us for the next round of the Biggest Loser Challenge. If you are looking for something to help you keep accountable or motivated and have some fun at the same time - look no further. I joined the challenge a couple rounds ago and had so much fun. I liked it so much I became a captain of Determined Desert Tortoises. Our team, and many of the other great teams at BLC, is looking for new members and we would love for you to join us. The Determined Desert Tortoises are a wonderful group; sharing great ideas, support, motivation, and accountability in such a nonjudgmental way.
    sexopqdyiymf.png

Looking forward to our next round and the DDT
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 878 Member
    Whether you are brand new at MFP or a seasoned veteran, The Biggest Loser Challenge is a great way to find encouragement and motivation.
    The Determined Desert Tortoise Team has a very diverse group of people in it.
    Everyone from maintenance level to 100+ pounds to lose. Please check us out and consider becoming our next teammate.
  • iLive2Walk
    qglwgm19aarn.png
    Please consider joining the next round of Biggest Loser Challenge! It might be the best decision you ever made in your weight loss journey! Check out all the teams (follow the link at the top of the chat) to find the one that is best for you.

• BKWERM88
    BKWERM88 Posts: 357 Member
    njvzc6npqjk3.jpeg

Hello. My name is Joanna and I've been doing the BLC challenges since around BLC20 and have lost about 30 pounds altogether. Like the others have said, the BLC challenges are a fun way to lose weight with friends.

I'm also the Captain of the Resolute Renegade team. If you're not sure what you need to do to lose weight then the Resolute Renegade team might be a good fit for you as we help you figure out your magic weight loss formula.

Renegades do not do the standard BLC challenges - Weekend Challenge (WEC), Tighten & Tone (TNT), Last Chance Workout (LCW). Instead Renegades do a WeekLong Challenge (WLC), which has 3 team goals that we all do (top 3 rows in tracker):

• Intentional Fitness Minutes (IFM) - 150 minutes per week minimum is the goal
    • Strength Training (ST), - 3 ST workouts per week minimum is the goal
    • and Eating on Your Food Plan (self-explanatory)

Please note: Our team doesn't do a lot of chit chat so if you're looking for a team that does that, our team probably isn't a good fit for you.

If you are new to the BLC, join us by registering in the Registration Team. Follow this link to learn more about the BLC: BLC Information

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE REGISTRATION TEAM AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THERE TO SIGN UP

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,301 Member
    Hi, I've just registered. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Awesome! @BodyTalking

When they get you set up and on the regular team, check out the 'break challenges' where people are hanging, chatting and doing activities together to keep momentum going until the fall challenge starts :)
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,718 Member
    edited August 2
    Thanks for the welcome everyone
    👋😁
    I do like this teal colour of text you used @b3achy 🩵💚
  • surf723
    surf723 Posts: 3,107 Member
    edited August 2
    zpcif49g80z7.jpg

Hi! I'm Betty (Surf723), one of the captains of the Hot Mocha Maniacs Team here at the BLC. Are you looking for motivation and encouragement on your weight-loss journey? The Biggest Loser Challenge (BLC) is here for you! The Hot Mocha Maniacs are MANIACS about nutrition and exercise. We'd love to have you join us for weekly challenges, idea sharing, friendly competition, and accountability.

Participate in our weekly STEPS CHALLENGE where we put together all our steps to virtually travel through the world visiting different countries! Our plans are to continue stepping through Japan in BLC56.

Mocha Maniacs post BLC Weekend Challenge (WLC), and Last Chance Workout (LCW). We set up our own Mocha Tighten & Tone (TNT) Strength Training which each week highlights different strength training workout along with several suggested workouts!

If you need to be CHALLENGED we are the team for you. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect participation.

So if you are looking for a Family to MOTIVATE, CHALLENGE and SUPPORT you on your journey, then we INVITE you to be a HOT MOCHA MANIAC!

Feel free to add me as a friend and message me with any questions. Hope to see you on team Mocha!!!

24go9nlxdts0.jpg
  • iLive2Walk
    sexopqdyiymf.png

I started my weight loss journey in January 2023. Started just by walking, started with a mile and added a little more each week. I also started tracking my calories on MFP, I lost 15 pounds the first few months, but then was getting bored. This was my usual weight loss journey - I would get bored and then quit and gain it all back (and then some) just to repeat the process all over again. Then found the challenges page on MFP and joined the BLC challenge. I can honestly say I would be where I am today without it. Losing weight became fun with this challenge and I also met some wonderful people. It keeps me motivated and accountable. I started at 228 pounds - a little over a year and half later and I am down almost 84+ pounds. I can honestly say I would be where I am today without them. I lked it so much I became a co-captain and now captain of the Determined Desert Tortoises . Our team is looking for new members and we would love for you to join us.
  • wendydancer1
    wendydancer1 Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 4
    6xttim4wt424.jpg

If you are a maintainer (or almost) and looking for a friendly and welcoming team consider joining the POWERFUL PRISM PANTHERS! Check us out here
    xjxqlqgj135f.jpg
  • jenshaines
    jenshaines Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited August 6
    Aloha and Happy Tuesday!

Come join us for the BLC! I'm JenH, Captain of Azure Destinations on the BLC! Again, it's been life-changing for me. I know I'll get tons of support and have fun getting healthier and healthier! All the info is here for registration:
    🍂REGISTRATION FOR PLACEMENT ON THE REGULAR TEAMS FOR THE FALL ROUND (BLC 56) IS OPEN!

BE SURE TO JOIN OUR REGISTRATION TEAM TO POST ANY COMMENTS OR REPLIES!

We are the BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE -- More fondly referred to as the BLC!
    Join the BLC family and reach your goals! Registration for Round 56 opens August 1 and closes August 28. Sign up early to get your choice of team.

If you are new to the BLC, join us by registering in the Registration Discussion. Follow this link to learn more about the BLC:
    https://blcteam.weebly.com/orientation-page.html

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ FIRST!

Contact AALLEY5 or GRACIEC6 with any questions.

BLC56 - FALL ROUND -
    Doors open August 28
    First Weigh-in September 4
    Week 1 - September 4 - 10
    Week 2 - September 11 - 17
    Week 3 - September 18 - 24
    Week 4 - September 25 - October 1
    Week 5 - October 2 - 8
    Week 6 - October 9 - 15
    Week 7 – October 16 - 22
    Week 8 - October 23 - 29
    Week 9 - October 30 - November 5
    Week 10 –November 6 - 12
    Week 11 - November 13 - 19
    Week 12 - November 20 - 26
    Final Weigh-in - November 27

Registration for All - August 1 - 28
    Registration ends August 28 and Members should start posting introductions on the BLC56 Team Threads