How do I log a gym class?

Hi!

Question: how do I add a spin class or Pilates class to my exercise log? I don’t want to have to enter in every movement we do in each class.

Thanks!
Anna

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member

Log spin class as on of the "stationary biking" options there. (I'd pick a relatively lower intensity level than you might feel, because as a spin class participant myself, I feel like the higher intensity ones allocate more calories than most of us are actually likely to be burning. That perception is based on comparing with other methods of estimating stationary biking.)

Log pilates as one of the pilates options there.

In both cases, log the full number of minutes that you were actively doing that thing in the class. Generally, that would be the whole class, but if there are any long breaks for some reason, I'd back out those minutes, personally.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited August 1
    Can you get a fitness tracker? The major brands automatically sync with MFP. Makes life a lot easier.

I rationalized it as an investment in myself, when I got my Apple Watch. A family member’s Fitbit cost a quarter of the Apple Watch, though, and still records just fine.

Got a family member? Friends, etc with a “good intentions” tracker languishing in a drawer. If you ask nicely and put the word out, you might even find one for free.

I gave my first Apple Watch away to a young woman at the pool, rather than get the piddly *kitten* $25 trade in I was offered.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,187 Member
    I recommend wearing a fitness watch