Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Avocado

babybluebeetle
babybluebeetle Posts: 1 Member
Hi
Has anyone got a good breakfast and lunchtime avocado recipe
Thanks

Replies

• Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 491 Member
    It puts the avocado on the toast
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 100 Member
    Mashed avocado on toast is so yummy with some salt & pepper. You can also add tomato. And/or melted cheese and/or bacon. So good. So easy too for something quick.
    I love to put avocado in my salads too as a good fat to fill me up!

It's more pricey but I like to get those avocado cups that are single servings. It's convenient and helps tracking calories.
  • ammajay916
    ammajay916 Posts: 6 Member
    Avocados are so delicious - I love ’em! For breakfast or lunch, I will slice some into a corn tortilla with just a touch of salt. Nothing better! I will also cube some onto a green salad.

On a related note - please do not cradle the avocado in your hand while you cut it. I read a Washington Post article recently about it and apparently emergency room doctors see so many similar injuries they even have a name for it: avocado hand. I’ve changed how I cut and pit avocados and it’s easy enough to do it safely.
  • ericippolito7351
    ericippolito7351 Posts: 1 Member
    One of my favorite for Breakfast or Lunch:
    • Toast
    • Avacaco
    • Tahini
    • Everything Bagle Seasoning
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,485 Member
    Yess, just posted my Avocado Toast, actually! LOL Although, I see you've already been suggested Avocado Toast.

Here's mine :)

t3itpxwhhsca.jpg

TUESDAY! - Avocado Toast, with Paprika, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, and Topped with Olive Oil Fried Grape Tomatoes, & Eggs

This is another Prolon Transition Day Day 6 post-5day FMD Diet Recipe - well, their recipe is without the tomatoes & eggs, and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes rather than a 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika ;). I don't even like avocados very much, but oh my heck, this tastes sooooo amazing as a 1st meal to break your fast, after the 5-day FMD fast 😋. I like it so much, it's been a regular part of my menu since my first FMD Round in early May.

Hubby doesn't care for me making the avocado mixture red (lol I use soooo much paprika), so when he's joining me, I add my paprika after it's already on the toast; he adds salt to his, b/c he likes his with olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt ;-). 🤗

Normally I have just one slice of toast, and not always with an egg (but yes, always with tomatoes), on regular thickness Dave's Killer bread, but today we had thin-sliced Dave's in the fridge, and I was pretty hungry, so I had 2 slices of Dave's thin-sliced Good Seed (yellow stripe) bread, with 2 fried eggs. Same amount of avocado and tomatoes, tho!
    • Heat a skillet on medium heat, while that's heating,
    • wash 13 Wild Wonders Grape Tomatoes; then add
    • a tsp or so of Olive Oil to heated pan, then add the washed Wild Wonders Medley grape tomatoes; let them cook/char while you ...
    • toast 2 slices of Dave's Killer Bread Good Seed Thin-Sliced (yellow stripe), and also mix up ...
    • 1/2 avocado
    • 1 tbsp lemon juice
    • 1/2 tbsp olive oil
    • 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
    • Mix the avocado mixture well, leaving some chunks, and not making it all smooth; then ...
    • flip over the tomatoes to let the other side cook/char; push them to the side, and add ..
    • 2 eggs, with a
    • generous sprinkling of organic ground black pepper; while that begins to cook ...
    • spread the avocado mixture on top of the toasted bread; then ...
    • turn the heat off the pan; flip the eggs ... finish cooking until desire doneness; top the avocado toast with the fried egss, then the cooked tomatoes on top of that.
    • Enjoy~!

471 calories
    20% net carbs, 23g
    63% fat, 32g
    17% protein, 19g

Originally posted in a new Group @SafariGalNYC and I started, Get Your GREENS Challenge ! Green Smoothies, Green Salads, Green Smoothie Bowls ... however works for you! 🧉 🥗 🥝 🥑: