Entertaining company

Just entertained for 6 days. We ate healthy meals at home but I noticed lots of extra alchohol calories and dessert calories. We got off track. So today we start rededicating ourselves to healthy with the goal of losing 5 pounds…..actually 8 pounds.
Going to Greece September 17 so that is my timeframe for the weight loss. I want to see a waistline and lose the belly. My husband and I are 64 and fairly active but we have noticed a certain bulk that has arrived with age. So here we go. Emphasis will be on body, spirit and mind wellbeing with the goal of strengthening and getting lean. Thanks for letting me share with you. It’s nice to walk this we
Journey with all of you.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,262 MFP Staff
    Hello and welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    Alcohol calories are tricky. If you drink alcohol, since it can't be stored in the body, it has to be metabolized. Depending on how many calories you took in, this process can take awhile. While it's going on, you burn NO CARBS OR FATS until all the alcohol is metabolized. So if you eat along with the alcohol, you will STORE THOSE CALORIES.
    So be aware of alcohol. Drink very moderately and DON'T do it before bed (or you won't burn stored body fat).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 40 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png