Hello, names Marsha from NM! I decided to purchase the premium option for this app and invest in myself. Feel free to say hi!

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,262 MFP Staff
    Hello and welcome to the community!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • capgordon76
    capgordon76 Posts: 101 Member
    Hi there wish I all the best in Ur journey
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    Hi @marsharios welcome to MFP!

I took the attitude of “investing in myself”, too. Framing it that way really helped- and still does.

As a recent retiree, I also framed it as “I” am my new full time job.

I invested in a gym membership, training sessions, already had a yoga studio membership, kept that, too.

I “rewarded” myself with gym gear, mostly the loudest, brightest, neon-est leggings I could find. A new pair every five pounds lost, every goal reached, every new skill accomplished. (i.e.headstand, arm balance, reached a mile swimming) I have a drawer bursting full of leggings now.

No food rewards, for obvs reasons. 🤣

Keep the “investing” mindset. That’s how you’ll succeed. Too many people come here with the “punish myself” mindset. That’s a definite path to failure.

I always thought “the power of positive thinking” was a ridiculous farce played on weak minded people. Ummmm…..nope. It IS powerful.