In 19 months, I've lost 262 pounds. New Me, New Life.

Options

Replies

• davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great story! I totally know how you feel with the shopping. Although the highest I ever weighted was 283 lbs, it was still very difficult to shop. I used XXXL clothes and 52 in. pants. It is very difficult to get decent quality clothing at that weight.

It was depressing and it made me angry.

Being out of those stores is really liberating. I am glad I can shop pretty much anywhere now.

I too had trouble walking and with my back.

Congratulations on your accomplishments!
  • Soulpaint
    Soulpaint Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow. I don't know what to say.

You captured exactly the way I feel about shopping at Lane Bryant (a place I refuse to ever shop in again). Your writing style is amazing and fluid and your story is absolutely captivating (and too familiar). Well done...I am so proud of you for what you have accomplished...it is nothing short of completely AWESOME! Congratulations!
  • Motivatedin20131969
    Options
    What a truly amazing story!! You should be very proud of yourself! Thank you for sharing.
  • did this topic get too long? you guys are awsome, thanks for all the support.
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting the pictures at the end of your story to have such an impact. Wow. Impressive.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! What a gift for words you have! And you look unbelievable!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to say but 'WOW' what an acheivement
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and brilliant writing! :happy:
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WHOA! awesome job and brilliantly put!:flowerforyou:
  • WHOA! awesome job and brilliantly put!:flowerforyou:

thanks =)
  • noura80
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!! Good luck in the rest of your journey :flowerforyou:
  • eleanorblack
    eleanorblack Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The pic of you on your bike made me cry a bit :-) Now you look like the real you!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    At 5'7" and 399 -- I had this same moment..... The entire moment. From the trashy car, the pain from walking, the shame of going to the "Fat Girl" store ---- the immense shame of outgrowing the Fat Girl store --- the sadness, the anger, all of it.

Thank you.

Thank you for sharing.

And, thank you for sharing it so eloquently. I believe we are better people for having lived that nightmare....
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    SO incredible. Amazing. And you're an incredible writer!
  • iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    holy **** man, thats amazing. nice bike too
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You're an inspiration. What incredible strength it took not only to better yourself but to share such a personal piece of yourself.Thank you for sharing! You look great ♡
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Awesome story from an awesome guy. I think you have a talent for writing too - keep on blogging, writing, take it as far as you want to or can. Good luck in your new life - you've made so many impressive changes you seem like a new person.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I swore. Out loud. And me being a lady and all.

You look bloody amazing, love! Such an emotional journey for you and such a great achievement, you really are an inspiration.

Pretty handsome too. :wink:
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You are quite the inspiration! Great job! You look amazing!
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    WOW! So incredibly inspiring!! Well done on your weight-loss and your phenomenal writing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!