Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Going to succeed this time

Hello, I am Butch Dougherty and decided the first day of 2024, that I was going to make some changes so I would look better, feel better, take control of my body. I weighed 241 and had very little muscle so I looked worse than I weighed. On the fourth day of December this year I will turn 79. I started watching what I ate and exercising more. This went well for a couple of weeks but then my progress slowed. I started using MyFitnessPal again and it helped but I hit that wall again. I looked at several posts and decided besides having a calorie deficit I would pay more attention to macros. I started eating at least 200 gr of protein and not letting fat be over 30% of my calories. I also started weight lifting more often and walked when I could. I am happy to say after 9 weeks I have lost 32 lbs. I am aware that the first layers of flab are easier to lose and my rate of lbs. lost per week will really slow down now. It is nice to look at your BMI and it be overweight instead of obese. I started this week eating dinner before 7 daily and waiting until noon the next day to eat again and only eating whole foods. Wish me luck as I want to get down to 185

Replies