OCTOBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Good luck @Scott6255 and @AlphaHowls! Looking forward to your race reports and seeing some bling!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Good luck @Scott6255 and @AlphaHowls!!!

@Scott6255 I hope you’ll be wearing your brother’s number as well as your own.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,132 Member
    Good luck tomorrow @Scott6255 and @AlphaHowls !

Congratulations on your PB @quilteryoyo!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Race time 2 hours 30 minutes
    Start time 8AM CST
    Waiting for caregiver to get here.

Enjoy the race @AlphaHowls !!

I’m cheering you on in spirit!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,389 Member
    Cheering you on @AlphaHowls ! I don't know how you run a HM fasted though. I'd have any energy at all.

Cheering you on too @Scott6255 ! I'm glad your brother is healing well and hope the pain he is in goes away soon. I do agree with @summerskier for both him and @daria0919 . Things can change and maybe get a recommendation to see a orthopedic that is a runner. When I had my back issues, I had one doctor tell me that because of my scoliosis I was going to be a humped over old lady and that I needed to stop running, and if I did at all, to be sure to run on a soft surface - like grass. I saw another one for a second opinion because I was in tears from the first diagnosis. Thanks to @Teresa502, I found one that was a runner. When he came in, he said I had mild scoliosis and there was no reason that I couldn't run and the only exercise I needed to be leery of was sit-ups. He said the worst thing I could do was to quit being active. Since my back quit hurting, I haven't had any issues from running. I know every situation is different, but it's worth a second opinion once your brother heals from the surgery.

Great run @kgirlhart . It's nice to have a speedy, easy run. We need a word for that. We have sleasy for slow and easy. Maybe speasy?

@SummerSkier You have been through a lot! Now I am more impressed than ever that you run like you do!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,339 Member
    Great running @Scott6255 💪🏽
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,540 Member
    Fantastic race @AlphaHowls! Congratulations on your 2nd place AG!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Congratulations @Scott6255 and @AlphaHowls! Well done to both of you!