Im too fat for the scale to have stopped moving!

Options
13»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    We have already gone over the science behind increased calorie intact. Let's try completely unscientific metaphors now. Right now you are starving your body, it is a poor African orphan who no matter how badly wants some food it just can't get any. Now one day the UN comes and gives this child (aka your body) a whole loaf of bread. Boy is that child happy now! But does he scarf it all down in one go? No, he SAVORS every single bite of that loaf. He portions it out so the lovely enjoyment lasts longer. That is what your body is doing when you increase your calorie count. It holds on to them and savors them.

Now we give that child a loaf of bread EVERY day. Do you think by the 3rd week this child is still savoring every bite of his bread? Probably not, he knows there will just be another one tomorrow.

This is what we are trying to get you to do. You need to teach your body that you are not going through a famine. That there is in fact more than enough food around to survive and it can relax on the survival instincts and start letting those calories slide here and there because there will always be more tomorrow.

Do it for the starving African child!

LOL!!! love it.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    OK maybe I can help you guys out, I had lapband sugery , so I can not physically eat all those calories without having my food be bad. I can understand if you guys cant understand that, but I need to find a different way to lose the weight, but thanks for all your help anyways :-)

I would think more healthy food would go down better then greasey fast food.

Totally wrong.
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OK maybe I can help you guys out, I had lapband sugery , so I can not physically eat all those calories without having my food be bad. I can understand if you guys cant understand that, but I need to find a different way to lose the weight, but thanks for all your help anyways :-)
    How does having a lap band prevent you from eating HEALTHY food and not crappy food? I am seriously confused.

If i ate 2000 calories in healthy food, that would be alot of food! my body physically cant eat that much. I would throw up. pretty simple. Like i said, i can understand if you dont get it :-)

No, I get it. I get the fact that you are seriously misinformed.

I feel terrible telling you that--but with the awesome success you've had to date, I feel that you are self sabotaging yourself and are avoiding doing the right things for the wrong reasons.

I'm out--Good luck.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Totally wrong.

I guess your experience with lapband is completely different then others I know who have been through it. I hope you figure out what works best for you.
  • bellanean
    Options
    Anyways, thanks everything for their suggestions :-)
  • Kasuko
    Kasuko Posts: 42
    Options
    How does having a lap band prevent you from eating HEALTHY food and not crappy food? I am seriously confused.

If i ate 2000 calories in healthy food, that would be alot of food! my body physically cant eat that much. I would throw up. pretty simple. Like i said, i can understand if you dont get it :-)

Calories are not a physical representation of the volume of food. They are a measurement of the dormant energy lieing in the food.

Take a look at backpacking meals. Those things are chalked full of calories in a relatively small package. Same with energy bars.

You don't have to consume lots of food to get lots of calories. And similarly all high calorie food is not in fact unhealthy food.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,367 Member
    Options

Totally wrong.

I agree do not start eating more food. Like you stated you are still fat enough for you body to lose weight without increasing calories.... To go back to the starving kid. If you keep feeding your body the same amount of calories daily it has to let some of the fat go eventually. Have you ever seen any fat kids in Africa. Nope! Reason because they have no food so eventually your body will let go of the fat.

This is how the lap band caused you to lose weight in the 1st place. IF you have tried everything else and I mean everyt thing else for pleatues, then it may mean you need to increase calories, but I highly doubt it.

Your body is just resisting change. It may take time and expermintation but hang in there the weight will come off again.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Bellanean,
    Congrats on your progress so far! Great job!

I'd just like to suggest some healthy, high calorie options for you... all of which are favorites of mine and WISH I could more of them! Avocados, olive oil, nuts (unsalted) and natural nut butters (also unsalted if available): almond butter, peanut butter.
    Just a tablespoon of almond butter can add 100 calories!
  • bellanean
    Options
    Bellanean,
    Congrats on your progress so far! Great job!

I'd just like to suggest some healthy, high calorie options for you... all of which are favorites of mine and WISH I could more of them! Avocados, olive oil, nuts (unsalted) and natural nut butters (also unsalted if available): almond butter, peanut butter.
    Just a tablespoon of almond butter can add 100 calories!

Oh thank you, your so sweet! Ya I try to add olive oil to my cooking to get more calories when im short! haha. I never tried almond butter, I will have to check this out, thank you soo very much!
  • bellanean
    Options

Totally wrong.

I agree do not start eating more food. Like you stated you are still fat enough for you body to lose weight without increasing calories.... To go back to the starving kid. If you keep feeding your body the same amount of calories daily it has to let some of the fat go eventually. Have you ever seen any fat kids in Africa. Nope! Reason because they have no food so eventually your body will let go of the fat.

This is how the lap band caused you to lose weight in the 1st place. IF you have tried everything else and I mean everyt thing else for pleatues, then it may mean you need to increase calories, but I highly doubt it.

Your body is just resisting change. It may take time and expermintation but hang in there the weight will come off again.

Im working on every other suggestion but raising my calories this week! Thanks, your a sweet heart!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,367 Member
    Options

Totally wrong.

Im working on every other suggestion but raising my calories this week! Thanks, your a sweet heart!

I hope it only takes one week! :smile: That would be great! But sometimes stalls take longer to break. My longest stall was almost 2 months and it was 5 months after my RNY-WLS.
  • bellanean
    Options

Totally wrong.

I hope it only takes one week! :smile: That would be great! But sometimes stalls take longer to break. My longest stall was almost 2 months and it was 5 months after my RNY-WLS.

omg 2 months! I would cry so hard! haha. Im almost 3 months out.