Less sugar?

Went to my doctor and he said my glutos is way up there and i need to bring it down. Any suggestions about beverages i can drink (besides water) and best ways to bring this down?

Answers

• trixsterjl31
    trixsterjl31 Posts: 83 Member
    edited October 4
    I find that adding anything to water makes i more interesting to me. Crystal light, a squirt of real lemon juice, 80 percent water 20 percent fruit juice.... I can sit with a cup of water all day but if I add flavor to it I will normal go through it in short order.
    I drink unsweet tea. Other options are mountain dew zero, DP zero, coke zero.... You said besides water, it is of course the best option. I recommend finding a flavor you like and go with that but....not what you asked for.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,157 Member
    Sugar water (anything sold in stores that isn't water, for the most part) is basically everywhere, so you going to have to read labels. I use lemon most of the time or LMNT an electrolyte. I suspect you mean something that taste sweet and most sugar free drinks work if you don't have any reason you can't drink those.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,313 Member
    If you don’t like the taste of water- unsweetened tea/ white tea, green tea.. etc. I second lemon water.
    Also- buy an infuser and add some fruit for light taste. Cucumber infused water is nice.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,856 Member
    You can also look at herbal teas or fruit infusions without added sugar or other sweeteners. In the UK there's sometimes liquorice extract for sweetening in fruit infusions. Not sure about countries outside of Europe.
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 509 Member
    Do you like sparkling water? There are several brands out there that are sugar (and artificial sweetener) free, sodium free, caffeine free, and calorie free. My favorites are La Croix and Langers.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,489 Member
    I drink coffee and tea. I second cucumber water--love it! Celery juice is a favorite, but hard to find or make.