Want to join me on my journey to lose over 100 pounds without weight loss medication?

Lady_Magenta
Lady_Magenta Posts: 2 Member
edited October 10 in Introduce Yourself
I am a 60-year-old female and for the life of me, I don't know how this happened. Did time fly? I am only 40 in my mind?

I feel much younger and want to be active again. However, due to a chronic pain disease, I stopped moving around and started an almost sedentary lifestyle. I have taken Prednisone for 10 years which made me more hungry. (Tapering down right now and it's HE-Double L).

I was already overweight when I got diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and I have managed to balloon up to 348 lbs in ten years.

I had a doctor's appointment in August and I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes (A1C 6.7). The scale in the morning showed 347 lbs.

The Change:
I started a lifestyle change on September 5th, signed up with "Loseit" and so far I have lost 15.6 lbs. Lose it is nice but there are just too many people who take a weight loss drug and the overall activity is very low. I hope to interact with like-minded people because I think it's easier in a group. I have to have surgery in November and this week my blood was taken again and I asked to add glucose to it. My A1 C is now down to 5.7 almost normal and my morning glucose (after eating a banana) was 114. I am thrilled.

I have a ton to lose, right now I weigh 332 lbs.

I want to be under 300 by Christmas 2024. I hope to weigh in around 250 lbs by July 4th and I hope to be under 200 by Christmas 2025.

Anybody with me? And if so, how do we do it? I can't see a newsfeed or an activity feed. How do you interact with friends?

Sorry, this was long introduction.
PS. I am right now gluten-free, dairy-free and I have eliminated added sugar from my diet. I eat carbs and protein. I go strictly by calorie intake.