When do you have your cheat day? :)

Options
Hey guys, so I am sure that most of you have a cheat day every while and then but when do you have that day and what do you eat for it.
I am currently going to the gym 4 days a week and my cheat day oscillates between once per week or once per 2 weeks, it also consists of having 1 medium Domino's pizza as a meal for the whole day (eat nothing else) :P :P (Yea I know I know but it is tasty XD).

What do you guys think? please include any kind of advice as well :D

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a cheat day. I usually have some takeaway and a wine or two on the weekend, but I make it fit into my calories and macros. This is a lifestyle for me, if I'm "cheating" then it implies that I'm on a diet and if I'm on a diet, then I'm going to see that as a restriction and I'll want to rebel - and then it isn't pretty.

By all means, have your pizza, just make it fit into your week.
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my macros, but once in a while (usually ends up being every two weeks or so), I eat at a local Chinese food place. Man, they have the biggest portions in the city. Sooo many calories...but it's worth it. Even if I don't eat anything the entire day (which I try not to), these combos probably pack an excess of 500 calories more than my tdee. Those days may be setbacks, but my weight loss has still been rather consistent.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have cheat days when I stay at my parents. It's to hard to log when someone else cooks and there are yummy foods and ice creams up for grabs.
    Sometimes it's every weekend then sometimes I go for a month without visiting. They live 2 1/2 hours away.
  • stacyhaddenham
    stacyhaddenham Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    We have a "cheat" day otherwise known in our house as "date night" about every 2 weeks. Those days we still log but focus more on each other than on counting calories. The rest of the time we eat what we want so long as it fits into our calories for the day. We plan out our "cheat' in advance usually by picking a new place to try and getting a groupon. That is part of how it became a cheat day. It was far to hard to go to a new place and try to figure out what a healthy option might be. This last time was a new Creole place in town.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I have my 'free' day every two weeks, on the weekend. It's good if coincides with a birthday or a get-together. If not - I still do it! :-)

Dominos are the best aren't they... but I have a sweet tooth, so for me it's reserved for a little bit of chocolate, cake and pastry heaven.
  • PinaByrd
    Options
    When I first started back in March I refused to have a cheat day until I reached a stable 5lbs gone. then I cheated once a month until I lost the first 15 lbs. now I cheat once a week but I can afford to now because I reached my goal and my diet the rest of the week is VERY clean. so usually I cheat on the weekends and ill range from eating a pizza to eating at popeyes or mcdonalds for my cheat. I usually still stay below my calories whatever I eat and I make sure I don't eat something im going to regret soon as I finish it. and cheat days are good, they keep your metabolism going by confusing the hell out of it with some taco bell:). seriously chat days are good for your metabolism and you wont splurge later and you will stick to your diet better knowing you have a treat at the end of the health tunnel (I love weekends more than ever now)
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I do have days where i don't give a hell. Family functions, big events, infrequent parties all that jazz. I don't have cheat days. This whole process is about true change and if a person limits themselves so much during events like some of the ones i mentioned then it takes the joy out of life. No "diet" should do that.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I go above my calorie limit on Friday with my wine..I woke up this morning 1kg lighter lol I don't cheat
    pizza is not a cheat..unless is in your day limit, I ate kebabs and pizzas during my weight loss
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day, I have snacks everyday and fit it into my goals.

:drinker:
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want most days as long as it fits into my calories. :)
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    I don't until I hit a plateau and need to cheat to come off it.
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have 2 days a week that I don't really have time to actually plan and put together meals for myself. Those days are Monday and Friday. Those are errand/shopping days. Those are the two days that I'm out of MY foods because I plan the meals between those days as my eating less days.Doing this I've still lost 6lbs. in the last few weeks. I'll keep it that way for the most part. I do shopping in two days because I don't like to plan more than 4 meals at a time because it's hard to do for my bunch. I make my meals based on who is actually going to be home. My husband travels for his work so the days he's home my dinners are a bit more structured (protein starch green vegetable) pretty much a meat potato veggie day...when it is just me and the kids the pasta is more likely to be a pasta instead of a potato meal. It's just always worked out that way. Meals are also smaller when hubby isn't home. so that how it is here. 2 cheat days.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I do have days where i don't give a hell. Family functions, big events, infrequent parties all that jazz. I don't have cheat days. This whole process is about true change and if a person limits themselves so much during events like some of the ones i mentioned then it takes the joy out of life. No "diet" should do that.

Thats me too. For some reason when i go on vacation or a special event, I choose to eat whatever, but try to make them better choices, but i will enjoy something if its a one time thing. Not sure if thats good or not, but its what i do for now.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day, but there are occasional days when I eat outside my usual routine. On those days, what I eat depends on the event. Then I just treat that day as a blip on the radar.
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had a dietician say only special occasions bday holidays etc so far I have only done it once I eat 5-6 small meals and have a protein shake daily
  • sasers
    sasers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have not had a cheat day yet in 55 days. But I do still allow myself pizza (I limit my quantity compared to what I used to eat) and I make sure to still stay under my calories. If I know I am going to have something like PIzza I save my calories by eating lighter earlier and use the calories for dinner. If I need something sweet, I will eat either a low fat pudding (to curb my chocolate cravings) or Honey roasted peanuts to get my nut intake and curb the sweet craving. I also prepackage all my snacks into one serving zip lock baggies so that way I can take them with me
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it, basically. But what I do is look at my net calorie report for the last 7 days and see how I've been doing. If I've been under every day, then I don't worry about going over on one day. It's a balancing act, but it keeps me sane and lets me still enjoy the things I want.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a cheat day. I usually have some takeaway and a wine or two on the weekend, but I make it fit into my calories and macros. This is a lifestyle for me, if I'm "cheating" then it implies that I'm on a diet and if I'm on a diet, then I'm going to see that as a restriction and I'll want to rebel - and then it isn't pretty.

By all means, have your pizza, just make it fit into your week.

Ditto