Calling 911...have you ever done it?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Idk how I learned about it or why I did it at the time, but I was like 2 or 3 and I remember climbing on the chair to get to the phone, I called 911 and then hung up :P Then they called back and I was in trouble.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    yes several times

the only time I will go into about was when my sisters arm was sliced off
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Several times a year, but I'm a hospital switchboard operator :bigsmile: We monitor the fire alarms for 2 hospitals, so when I get a red alarm, Imma gonna call.

Called 911 on a drunk driver a couple of times back when I worked midnights. Fun fun.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I called twice. Once there was a tree down blocking the road and other other time was to request a welfare check on the neighbor during a domestic
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have for many reasons...I grew up in a poor area...however when I called because I actually needed help for me ( I was hemorrhaging) nobody answered...I had to call 4 times...it was a miracle I lived
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My daughter called on my behalf when I had a severe nosebleed that wouldn't stop. She was in fifth grade and some officers from the police department went to her school a few weeks later to give her a certificate and tell her classmates about her heroism.
  • FrancescaNT521
    Options
    When my husband (not in picture, that's my brother) couldn't breathe even with his oxygen equipment and we had to take him back to the hospital because he couldn't even walk. He never came home; we lost him 3 weeks later.
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    I've called 000 a few times. Once when I fell on my patio and knocked myself out. I came to and was bleeding everywhere and I'd never been knocked out before, so called an ambulance in case I died. Turns out I didn't die :wink: also the paramedics told me I should make up a more exciting story to explain my injuries :laugh:

I called another time when a child got hit by a car outside my house. Very dramatic.

Saw someone lighting a fire in the bush near my house at about 4am one morning. I lived in a bushfire-prone area so it was interesting that there was such a slow response to that one.

My ex-boyfriend was trying to attack me with a star picket because I tried to stop him doing burnouts in the driveway and then driving off with his dead dog. Crazy story. Anyway I had to call the police for that one.

I've called the non-emergency line loads of times too, for things like my car being stolen, a handicapped person stumbling slowly towards a main road (I could see him from my window at work and thought he COULD be fine, but I'd rather be safe than sorry), reporting suspicious behaviour (drunk people carrying an unconscious person down the street in the middle of the night), etc.