Any exercise fitness gurus? Really gross belly pics*WARNED

Options

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Wear jeans that shape your hips better that wont show a muffin top. Lots of time what we wear can enhance or not enhance our curves.
  • ohmyjiggle
    ohmyjiggle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but where are the "really gross" pictures? I don't see any in your OP.

LOOK AT MY STOMACH AND THEN LOOK AT YOURS, THERE YOU GO.

See, there aren't may people on this site who are willing to support negative self-affirmations. If you want advice on how to change your body's shape or appearance, people will give you suggestions. But not if you speak negatively about yourself. You have a VERY common post pregnancy shape. It is not gross on you or any other woman who has it.

It doesn't mean you can't want to change it, it just means you need to speak kinder about yourself so people aren't afraid they are "helping" somebody with some type of body dysmorphic disorder.

Its not speaking negatively to me, its what and how I feel about it.
    If it wasn't "gross" you try going to the beach with me and see the stares I get!

I WASNT EVEN ASKING ABOUT MY STOMACH!!!!!! READ THE POST, more or so to the end.

Um, did read the post -- the ENTIRE thing, which is why I told you to:
    My non-expert suggestion is to eat at a very small deficit (.5 a week) and lift..

Your actual question is being ignored because of you are calling yourself names and acting like your stomach is the worst thing EVER when a good number of women have the SAME THING. Period. You will get A LOT more constructive, useful comments if you drop all negativity.

It wasn't ignored actually, just off topic. You are right, I should have put " LOOK AT THESE SEXY AB PICS"

I said it was gross, didn't say it was the most disgusting thing ever. And I personally do not know anyone with a stomach, like mine, at my age.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the responses but the 30 day shred will do you good! Stick with it. Also try out Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and Killer Abs. You can rotate through them so you don't get bored. The best program IMO is JM Body Revolution. You do have nice curves and are pleasing to the eyes. I understand about your belly. I would not be satisfied with it either. Work for it! I don't think you need to focus so much on weight loss, but getting your body fat percentage down a bit may get you closer to the image you have for yourself in your head. That would mean a lot of clean eating though. Low sugars and low carbs.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I'm sorry, but where are the "really gross" pictures? I don't see any in your OP.

LOOK AT MY STOMACH AND THEN LOOK AT YOURS, THERE YOU GO.

See, there aren't may people on this site who are willing to support negative self-affirmations. If you want advice on how to change your body's shape or appearance, people will give you suggestions. But not if you speak negatively about yourself. You have a VERY common post pregnancy shape. It is not gross on you or any other woman who has it.

It doesn't mean you can't want to change it, it just means you need to speak kinder about yourself so people aren't afraid they are "helping" somebody with some type of body dysmorphic disorder.

Its not speaking negatively to me, its what and how I feel about it.
    If it wasn't "gross" you try going to the beach with me and see the stares I get!

I WASNT EVEN ASKING ABOUT MY STOMACH!!!!!! READ THE POST, more or so to the end.

Um, did read the post -- the ENTIRE thing, which is why I told you to:
    My non-expert suggestion is to eat at a very small deficit (.5 a week) and lift..

Your actual question is being ignored because of you are calling yourself names and acting like your stomach is the worst thing EVER when a good number of women have the SAME THING. Period. You will get A LOT more constructive, useful comments if you drop all negativity.

It wasn't ignored actually, just off topic. You are right, I should have put " LOOK AT THESE SEXY AB PICS"

I said it was gross, didn't say it was the most disgusting thing ever. And I personally do not know anyone with a stomach, like mine, at my age.

You can look back through but I did post a website full of photos of mothers' bodies. Some are even YOUNGER than you. So while you may not personally know anyone, many exist. There are some in this thread talking to you. And I really don't have time to go back and quote every time you suggested your stomach is gross and would get stares at the beach etc. This thread is full of negative statements from you about yourself and it speaks for itself.

If you want to firm everything up, eat a modest (to NO) deficit, lift heavy weights, and do cardio if you like it. Period. That is all.
  • angel_29476
    angel_29476 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    stop whipping yourself, you are beautiful. ok your tummy is not with a six pack but its cute and soft. start loving your tummy and dont be so hard to her, she needs love, she was neglected for so long. search some exercises for stomach and sides and back in youtube, yoga or whatever you find most pleasant and start doing it. also dont forget to moisturize your skin and drink a lot of water because stretch marks and things like that appear to dehydrated bodies.
  • ohmyjiggle
    Options
    I didn't read the responses but the 30 day shred will do you good! Stick with it. Also try out Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and Killer Abs. You can rotate through them so you don't get bored. The best program IMO is JM Body Revolution. You do have nice curves and are pleasing to the eyes. I understand about your belly. I would not be satisfied with it either. Work for it! I don't think you need to focus so much on weight loss, but getting your body fat percentage down a bit may get you closer to the image you have for yourself in your head. That would mean a lot of clean eating though. Low sugars and low carbs.

Thank you! However now I am a bit confused, as a few have said to STOP 30DS as its more for weightloss? and a few have suggested it lol
  • ohmyjiggle
    Options
    stop whipping yourself, you are beautiful. ok your tummy is not with a six pack but its cute and soft. start loving your tummy and dont be so hard to her, she needs love, she was neglected for so long. search some exercises for stomach and sides and back in youtube, yoga or whatever you find most pleasant and start doing it. also dont forget to moisturize your skin and drink a lot of water because stretch marks and things like that appear to dehydrated bodies.

Thank you.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I think you're being too hard on yourself. You are still in very good shape.

Exercise and diet.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'd cheerfully kick an old lady to look that "gross". That belly doesn't even come close to mine. For one, it doesn't overlap 8 inches. Wanna trade?

ETA: Weight training should get you firmed up all over and I do not think you'll lose those killer curves, they'll just be firmer.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHHh Im sick of folks trying to play ameteur psychologists...... if the OP feels her tummy is gross, then its GROSS to her.... you do not have to agree with her but because you do not agree does it mean she has low self esteem or body image issues....

OP:

its GROSS!! yes it is... Mine is Gross too....and you are right, the more weight we lose, the worse it appears.... but it could be worse I suppose

Lifting heavy weights and eating at a small deficit will help some....but you may end up with a flat upper belly and still have a saggy pannus.... only time will tell....

Im pretty much the same height & weight as you.... I own my saggy skin but am busting my *kitten* to get rid of it by exercise & maybe even surgery one day.... Until then, SPANX are our friend!!

ETA: SQUATS!!!! do them for your butt's sake.... my butt is GONE!!! ughhh and my thighs are going the same way....so Im trying to bulk them back up as well as deal with the ugly belly....
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If it helps I reckon you have nice eyes and nice butt
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Thank you! However now I am a bit confused, as a few have said to STOP 30DS as its more for weightloss? and a few have suggested it lol

All I know is if you do the shred you get results, especially in the muffin top/spare tire areas. Of course, you need to be eating at a deficit as well, but if you do it, you will see change. If you feel like level one is getting too easy, increase the weights. It will be considerably harder. Also, do each level 10 days. Move on even if you feel like you aren't ready. When you are uncomfortable and sore, you know it's working. Although it is a lot of cardio it's also a lot of strength training.

Also, I don't want to get chewed out, but I saw a big difference in my body dropping from the mid 150's to the 140's and now the 130's. I am 5 foot 6 and 1/2 inches, so just about the same height as you. So, maybe to achieve the body you are dreaming about in your head you may need to lose some more weight, while continuing to increase your muscle. So, aim for one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. You'll have to google a bit on how to do that formula, but for you I'd say at least 100 grams of protein per day is a good guess. I also have had kids and I have some loose skin in my pooch area too. I posted pics in a thread a while back. If you look in my profile and search through my old posts you can find them. I really can't loose much more weight, so I think I'm stuck with that loose skin forever. But it's not as much as you have and I think you can tone up some more than you are. Just being honest hun, you are sexy the way you are but if you are serious about changing your body composition I think it can be done. Best of luck!
  • fitbulky
    Options
    There is a lot of fat inside.You should cut
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    The very first thing you need to do it get yourself into a pair of jeans that isn't 2 sizes too small. That along will do wonders for you. No one looks good when they try to stuff themselves into the wrong clothes.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    want to tone and be stronger? Lift some weights along with little cardio. You won't lose your butt. Just the opposite. You will lift and add shape to it, especially if you do squats. Because, who doesn't love a nice butt?
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! start lifting weights, as heavy as you can lift!!!!!!!!
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting! lots of people do New Rules of Lifting for Women or I have been doing Stronglifts 5x5.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    UGHHHHHh Im sick of folks trying to play ameteur psychologists...... if the OP feels her tummy is gross, then its GROSS to her.... you do not have to agree with her but because you do not agree does it mean she has low self esteem or body image issues....

OP:

its GROSS!! yes it is... Mine is Gross too....and you are right, the more weight we lose, the worse it appears.... but it could be worse I suppose

So, ok people can't suggest she isn't gross but can totally suggest she's gross -- and because you are of a similar opinion, THAT IS TOTALLY OK?! Right.

I have truly see EVERYTHING.

OP you are going to get a LOT of good suggestions in the thread you just posted about how to start lifting. Listen to those people. And as to 30 Day Shred, if you have never worked out before, it is fine as a starting off point just to get yourself in shape. You can search the communities and see people with before/after pics. It totally works.. But it is geared toward helping you lose fat, gain stamina, and kind of get your ready to move on to other programs. I started with it and liked my results. If you chose that route, you will see results. They might not be as dramatic though as if you lift.. Also a lot depends on if you like cardio or not. If you don't, stick to the book suggested in the other thread.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Check out Lea's story...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky

she kept getting better even after this thread was created.

Stretch marks won't go away. But over time, loose skin will tighten. Especially if you throw in weights or even high intensity type of exercises.

Because you are not fat, I wouldn't advocate a 1200 calorie diet. Set your profile on here to lose at maximum 1 pound (I'd even recommend 1/2 a pound) a week and eat back your exercise calories.

And sadly, you have to be patient, it does take time.

one further recommendation... start working on your self image too - because even if you get your tummy to where you want it, you may still hold on to mental tummy fat, and not even recognize it.

One key of this is when you find yourself saying... "it doesn't look as bad in the pictures as it is in real life, I swear it"
    Picture taking (and sharing with trusted friends) is sometimes the best way to get your mind to accept your body as it is now.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options

OP:

So, ok people can't suggest she isn't gross but can totally suggest she's gross -- and because you are of a similar opinion, THAT IS TOTALLY OK?! Right.

I have truly see EVERYTHING.

I did not suggest it...the OP did.... I simply agreed with her so we could move on from the likes of you trying to send her to a shrink instead of answering her eff'nquestion...

what if she said her TOES were gross?? would you advise her on her bad body image then?? give it up Dr Nbody...she doesnt HAVE to be suffering from body image issues just because she hates her flbby skin & stretch marks....