What are those seasonal foods that get you every time?

Options
I was thinking about this as I stood in line at Target to buy Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts...every Fall I just can't resist. I ate one and put the rest of the box in the kitchen at work. What is your achilles heel when all the Fall/Winter goodies come out?

Replies

• lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Apples and oranges.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Eggnog as creamer in my coffee.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Anything with pumpkin--pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin muffins....
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Egg nog and candy corn.

I'm the only one in my house who eats candy corn, so I'll have to think carefully about buying them this year! I'll have to check the database. :wink:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Ugh...this is that season, yup. Pumpkin pie, or any pie. Cinnamon rolls. Heavy comfort foods like meatloaf, roasts, potatoes, squashes, etc. Lots of breads and carbs to be had. All in all I usually gain at least 10 pounds from now till xmas time.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin butter from trader joes
  • ketoambahh
    Options
    Definitely pumpkin cheesecake or pumpkin spice bagels.
  • xoxolindseym
    Options
    Christmas cookies. :sad:
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love Pumpkin. Anything with Pumpkin in it.
    Think I will look for a 100 caloried pumpkin smoothie.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Easter Biscuits :drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Kahlua and egg nog.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Most tempting in the fall is candy corn....Only bought one bag so far! And shared it with my son. :) Hope to not buy anymore, but likely will at least one more.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The holiday season starting with Halloween and going through Thanksgiving and XMAS was my undoing a few years ago, but I'm resolved to be better this year.

NO candy at Halloween. Limit portions on Thanksgiving and try to keep it to a single slice of pumpkin pie, and avoid candy and cheese balls at Xmas.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm still stocking up on corn from the farmer's market to throw in my freezer. We're having a long growing season this year.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Fair food. Our fair is coming up in a few weeks and I'm already budgeting calories. BrainyBurro's pizza cone thread hasn't helped, especially with the picture of the red velvet funnel cake, too! :blushing:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love Pumpkin. Anything with Pumpkin in it.
    Think I will look for a 100 caloried pumpkin smoothie.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/222365300322472949/
  • crayonbreakywillow
    Options
    We just had our street fair and I couldn't resist a ooey-gooey cinnamon roll! I split it with my husband, so not too bad. ;-)

My favorite fall comfort food is potato soup. I love it! I also am hopelessly in love with those fall-time breads, apple cinnamon, things like that. Fortunately, I don't like pumpkin, so I'm not tempted by all those goodies!

In the spring, every year I have to have a Shamrock shake from McDonald's and Little Debbie Easter Puffs! ;-)
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! Oh the humanity. Then there's the caramel brulee latte at starbucks.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie pop tarts, Pumpkin Patch Dreyer's, Pumpkin Cheesecake Ben & Jerry's.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie hidden beneath a layer of whipped cream... god help the individual who gets between me and my pumpkin pie. I managed to restrict myself to just one piece last year. Usually I eat several pies by myself along with a can or two of whipped cream.

I want pie...