Special K diet

Options
13»

Replies

• deedee0611
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you for your comments it really helps me focus and understand what the hell I am doing! (i have no clue apart from trying) I take all your comments on board and perhaps try it for 2 weeks as recommended and see how i go. (tesco had it on offer - Half price so i have 2 weeks supply I need to munch through :laugh:

Once again thank you! its very much appreciated, 2 weeks time we shall see - i enjoy eating it and it does keep me full until dinner time but i read how high the sugars are - Shocking!!! it does worry me slightly that it might make me fatter not thinner! :sad:
  • I always got the impression it was for someone who wanted to drop a quick 5 pounds or wanted to fit into a dress or something, but wasn't for massive and long term weight loss.

^^Agreed!
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you for your comments it really helps me focus and understand what the hell I am doing! (i have no clue apart from trying) I take all your comments on board and perhaps try it for 2 weeks as recommended and see how i go. (tesco had it on offer - Half price so i have 2 weeks supply I need to munch through :laugh:

Once again thank you! its very much appreciated, 2 weeks time we shall see - i enjoy eating it and it does keep me full until dinner time but i read how high the sugars are - Shocking!!! it does worry me slightly that it might make me fatter not thinner! :sad:

You won't gain weight if you stay in a caloric deficit. You might be hungry though.

One of my co-workers was doing the Special K diet. We'd frequently be in the break room at the same time eating lunch. She with her 90 calories Special K bar and me with my chicken linguini and vegetables for under 400 calories. i felt bad for her.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The Special K diet is based on a calorie deficit, so why not just eat foods besides cereal at a deficit and lose weight that way?

I actually like Special K bars because they're like delicious candy bars with cereal, but they're not exactly nutritious.
  • laddibugg
    laddibugg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

You won't gain weight if you stay in a caloric deficit. You might be hungry though.

One of my co-workers was doing the Special K diet. We'd frequently be in the break room at the same time eating lunch. She with her 90 calories Special K bar and me with my chicken linguini and vegetables for under 400 calories. i felt bad for her.

Why even bother going to the break room for a bar? Lol.....
  • AegisAngel
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it. The only way to lose weight, be healthy and keep the weight off is to eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats, unprocessed foods, drink plenty of water and exercise as much as your schedule allows. I don't see how a cereal alone (even if you are eating a full meal at dinner) is going to help you get healthier and lose weight in the long run. Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts to losing weight and keeping fit forever.

..Oh and I got fat as a result of doing the complete opposite of the above but I am determined to never be like that again. Good Luck to you! Hope all goes well. :flowerforyou:
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I, too, read your profile after reading this discussion. It says you are a 16/18 size right now but want to be a 12/14. I started eating healthier and following a 1200 calorie/day plan at the end of May this year. I've been at this for about 15 weeks and have lost 29 lbs and gone from a size 10/12 to a size 4/6. I didn't use any gimmicky diets or supplements. Just restricting portions of foods I've always eaten and spending about 30 minutes doing a workout each day.

If you love Special K, go ahead and have it for breakfast each day (I eat Cheerios every morning), but then eat something with more nutrients for lunch and supper. Log your food choices and portions with MFP every day. If you start eating at a calorie deficit now, you'll achieve your desired clothing size way before Christmas and will probably drop another size or two by then! Good luck to you :o)
This discussion has been closed.