200+ (Week 41) Getting Fit For Fall Begins!

Options
Well, our "Sizzling Through Summer" 6 week challenge is coming to a close. It's time to do your weekly check in and challenge results.

Our new 6-week challenge "Getting Fit For Fall" begins! Post your starting weight, current weight (if different), challenge goal weight (if you have one), and any other goals you'd like to set for yourself for the challenge (i.e. working out a certain amount, eating more/less of something, etc.)

Can't wait to see how everyone did.

I have a feeling Miss Kendal might be our winner this time around in terms of poundage lost.... that superstar!

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Will check in in the morning. Punked out and didn't work out again this evening when getting home from work. I'm not really surprised with myself- just wish I could have knocked out the full run this morning and not felt crappy about myself. Oh well, I know the weight loss won't be spectacular this week or challenge, but I'm super curious to see where my measurements are, as I'm feeling smaller.

Totes off-topic, but anyone else watched SYTYCD? Totes not happy about one of the eliminate folks tonight, and I'm not passionate about any of the top 4. Boo. Hiss.
  • itsmelaurac
    Options
    so what is this challenge? is it something that I might could do? I just joined MFP last week and am loving it! I've lost 40 lbs since the beginning of the year, but still want to lose almost 50 more... I'm looking for some support and motivation if any of you have any to offer! :)
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Dang - I so missed the great italic, bold, whatever chat... I was too busy drooling. The girls can be great and Jacob is HOT:tongue: So yeah - finally got to see Eclipse tonight. We are 1/3 of the way through listening to Breaking Dawn. After the hissy fit and taking 40 min to go about a mile on the bike followed by an hour swim and snacks... We made the bike ride back to the car (same distance) in 15 min... And both girls exclaimed it was sooooo fun they want to do it again next year (me pulling more hair our)... Thank goodness we were able to catch mom as she left work - she joined us for dinner and watched the 13 year old so the 10 yr old and I could get a good bike ride in. Then they swam in the lake while I returned the bikes... The house is so quiet tonight. I dropped them off at moms for a sleep over at 10:15....

I bought a bike rack today and bungee cords rock... I can now get 3 bikes on/off in 3 min flat... I had to buy a guy bike adapter for my bike. Who knew they made such a thing but it sure makes getting my bike on/off much easier. I may take the young one out again this weekend. $13.50 for 5 hour rental... That's pretty cheap for exercise and fun.

Welcome itmelurac:flowerforyou: We are a pretty laid back group of "Super Pals" that have been successful with weight loss. Several of us are now under 200!!! Feel free to join in, ask questions and post your highs and lows. Anyone can join our group. Our 6 week challenges are about weight loss and support.

Good luck in the morning everyone. I think that I may wait until Sat to weigh in. It depends if Mr. Scale slips me a little somethin- somethin tonight:wink: Actually, my bike ride is scheduled for 7 and my bike is still locked on the rack on my truck. It's late and I don't think I'll be up before the alarm.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hiya Super Pals! Maybe my body needed some rest or whatever because my scale has been nice to me all week. I am at 221.6 today (down 3.2 pounds for the week). So I'm pretty sure that has increased my sagging motivation. I'm hoping to drop 12 pounds in this new challenge - which would put me at around 209.

Victoria: Bless you for dealing with teenage mood swings. I remember that time - I was a terror.

Itsmelaurac: This is a great group. Lots of great people supporting each other. Jump on in!

Kristina: I watch SYTYCD but we watch it on the Armed Forces Network so it's a week behind the states.
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good morning Super Pals!

challenge for me this month will be - loose 5lb's by eating under cals and exercising 30 mins a day.

Good luck everyone - feel free to add me, looking foward to getting to know you !!

Hugs mekhala xxx
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    bump....hey look here I found you on Friday this time:laugh: :laugh: :blushing: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I was just hanging with you all this challenge....with the re-set and all. I will weigh in on Sunday, but so far the scale has not been so nice to me this week. I think I am eating way to late in the evenings..I am making good choices, but I have to stop eating so late. I have been weighing in every 2 weeks since I started back up...I'm with you Kristina...need to find that tape measure!

Well, I guess it was more than just a bump huh?!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Final SIS Weigh-in: 182.0 (-1.0 for week, -4.0 for challenge)
    I knew that was coming. The challenge coincided with my move and transition into actual eating okay again and getting into a normal exercise schedule again. Not the easiest time for me, and I'm hoping this next 6 weeks will go better on the weight loss front.

On the measurement front, I lucked out a bit better. In 6 weeks, my waist stayed the same, but I lost 1" from my hips and 1/2" from both my arms and my thighs! Yes! Knew those clothes were fitting better.

Goals for "Getting Fit For Fall":
    Weight loss: 6 pounds- that's one pound a week, which should be acheivable. That would bring me down to 176 (eee 170s!)
    Exercise goals: 1. continue commit to half-marathon training, which includes exercise at least 5 times a week, 2. walk to work at least 3 days out of the week
    Food goals: 1. no snacking after dinner 2. measure out all portion sizes

Good luck everyone!

Victoria- sounds like you had a great weekend! Glad you enjoyed the movie with the girls. Have you read the last book already? It's pretty gory for the little ones. Love it that you're a biking machine these days! Your legs are going to be killer!

Amy- wowsas! that's quite a weight drop! Way to go girl! That would certainly motivate me!

Debra- I'm glad you stuck around with us throughout your reset. We would have terribly missed you!

Mekhala- welcome to the group! Glad you were able to join us! Just jump right on into posting! Love that you set rewards for yourself when you hit certain goals. I know Kendal (Blombie) did something similar.

itsmelaurac- Welcome! This is a great group for support and motivation! Great job on the 40 pounds already lost!
  • KendalBeee
    Options

BAM!!

Down another pound from last week. :bigsmile:

I was super good last night and after going 2 miles for time (32 min roughly), I threw in an extra mile for good measure and burned over 750 cals last night. Had 160 cals extra by the end of the night but went CRAZY over on my sodium so I'm really not sure why I haven't seen that gain yet as I have REALLY slacked off on drinking water. I will work on that today.

Good luck to everyone during the weigh in. I can't believe I did so well on this challenge. In my head, I still think I'm 235ish...ya know? When I talk about it, I seriously have to stop and think about my weight....it just doesn't seem real that I'm now below 220.

And I'm rocking a totally cute outfit today :bigsmile: short khaki skirt (from the GAP) and a sleeveless purple sweater type top. I bought this skirt about 5 years ago and never wore it because it was a little tight (and then it was VERY tight when I gained all that weight) but its now one of my favorite things to wear.

ETA: I just checked the other thread and all the underline, italics and boldness shows up now. I'm wondering if its the computer that makes it work/not work....???
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I seen someone post goals... and i thought hey... i'm going to try that!! ....

I have a thing about doing things like that!! going to try a colonic on sunday.... too much info i know... but... my digestion is awful and would love it to be great - my body is a temple. x x
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I've decided not to weigh this week. I am sure that I have hovered around 206 the whole challenge. Next week I am going to get back in the gym and have already picked out a good number of healthy foods to cook Sunday for the rest of the weeks meals.

I don't have time to chat or respond to each person...but yeay for everyone who stayed consistent and lost inches and weight! Those three things are about as good as it gets right? And welcome to the two new posters!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I gave myself a list of rewards when I hit certain goals, but I have never rewarded myself. I can't justify spending the money. So instead, I'm think I'll "reward" myself by going camping. I will be spending WAY more than what I would've spent on those other rewards, but I will happily give up a bathing suit top and a pedicure to go camping for 5 days. I'm trying to convince my bff and her husband to go but he's a heating and air guy and SUPER CRAZY busy this time of year (seriously, he had 30 hours of overtime on top of his regular 40 hours last week). If he can't go, I'm hoping the bff will at least go with me. But if not, I will still enjoy my time away from home.

I ate a big breakfast this morning and used half my cals already. The bff got a new hrm and said she will go to the gym with me tonight. I hope so. I will need a lot of motivation to get there before 7 (thats when it closes on Fridays). Since its a 24 hour place, as long as you are there by 7, they don't kick you out when the office closes.

Kristina- who was voted off SYTYCD last night? I was busy catching up on the performance show from Wednesday and didn't watch the results yet.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Amy, I'm sorry to spoil this weeks SYTYCD for you!!
    Jose and BIlly got voted off last night.

I was bummed to see Jose kicked off. I was never really a fan of Billy.

I don't really know who I want to win. I think the little cutey guy...can't remember his name right now. The fresh out of highscool one.

You know, I have to say that there haven't been any super memorable performances for me this year. In the past three years I've watched the show, there are some that I can still remember and love. The ensemble piece they did at the beginning of the show last night though? WOW what a fantastic piece. It made me think of my daughter. Little girls are so into princesses and attention and dancing, and falling in love, etc. The piece made me think of that...what its like to be a litle girl and have your make believe and your princess stuff and your princes, etc. It was awesome!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I wasn't a fan of Jose. Billy was kinda growing on me but I think they got it right to have it down to Kent and the girl (Ashley? Lauren? whats her name??). I think they are equally FANTASTIC dancers but I think the girl is a little more "professional" I guess is the word to use. She can control her face and tended to do better in a larger variety of dances.

Lacey- did you not see the hip hop routine that Alex did with Twitch earlier in the season?? That was AMAZING!! (and the next week he hurt himself and is out for the rest of the season) He could have also been one of the final contestants, but I'll bet he'll come back next season and win.

In other news....I just made my camping reservations! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am so freakin excited! I wanna get on mapmyrun and figure out the distances of trails/paths I might go on. They have internet in the office so I have to get there at least once a day so I don't lose my "you've logged in for 210+ days" count. I would be seriously upset if that number was reset to 0.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    SYTYCD Talk ahead- spoiler alert!

I thought Jose was adorable, but clearly the weakest link for many weeks coming. If there hadn't been so many injuries, he would have been kicked off long before. I was a fan of Billy from when he was on 2 seasons ago, but was lukewarm on him this season because Alex was so fabulous and sort of overshadowed Billy's fabulosity. And, even after Alex left, Billy never regained that pull with the audience, which is sad, because he's clearly the best dancer left in my eyes. But then again, as we know it's not America's BEST dancer, it's FAVORITE dancer. That's why someone like Benji won over Travis in season 2 or Russell won over Jakob or Katherine last season (?). Kendal, I bet Alex won't come back as a contestant next year. Nigel said invite him back, but wasn't specific. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back as an All-Star, if they keep the same format as this season (which I'm still so-so on). I wish Ashley hadn't been injured this season, cause I liked her more than Lauren. I'm not super excited about any of the top 4 left. I think Lauren is probably the strongest dancer left, and I like that even though she's young, she can dance older than her age and she's a bit more athletic. I never really was a big fan of Adechike and Robert I don't get why people are piddling themselves over. He's cute, but have you seen some of his partner work? He almost dropped some of his partners and it looks choppy and the judges say nothing. Kent is probably the best out of the guys left, but his whole teeny bopper following puts a sour taste in my mouth. And why do they need to keep harping on him and if he's single/has a girlfriend? Tweeny girls, reality check. You have the wrong equipment downstairs. So I guess I'm pulling for Lauren. I would bet for a Kent/Lauren showdown with Kent winning.

Lacey- I agree. There haven't been much memorable dancing this season. I agree with Kendal that the Alex/Twitch hip-hop was the highlight of the season so far. But I agree with you, last night's group number was fabulous! I love that Allison was the lead girl in it. I think she's still my all-time favorite girl from any of the seasons. So talented. Her dance her season with Ivan (they were the best couple! the judges are still hoping to have another Ivan hip-hopper to fabulous dancer story, which just isn't happening) to Annie Lennox's "Why" is my favorite piece ever on the show.

Whew. That was a much longer rant than planned.

/SYTYCD SPOILERS

Kendal, where are you going camping? I commented on your status message about it? My state's got some nice parks and you've got a big tent! *hint* We can have a supergals camping extravaganza sometime in the future! We could do long hikes and grill, erm, veggies over the open flame!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I do remember the Alex Twitch dance and yeah, it totally kicked @ss! But that is really the only one I can remember. I think there was one with Robert that was good but again...not great.

You know, I can remember Ivan but I cannot for the life of me remember Allison from that season? It was the first season I watched and Ivan was memorable because he was such a "white boy" doing hip hop and he was really good at the other stuff. I seem to remember him doing a contemporary piece where he and the girl wore white that I loved but again...can't remember what girl!

I like Robert because he is goofy but when he gets on stage he pulls everything off, IMO anyways :)
    There is just something about BIlly that rubs me the wrong way. I can't stand him for some reason. I don't quite know why though. I think he is an amazing dancer but every time he talks he does this nervous laugh and acts all weird.
    I think Kent is adorable in that just out of highschool way. I like that he is so in la-la-land all the time and just all stary eyed. It's cute. Because he is soooo naive. Its nice to see that innocence I guess.
    Adichike - I like him, but he has this "swagger" that is a little too much for me at times. Overly confident maybe? But he is a really strong dancer.
    Lauren is excellent and seems to be already professional like you said Kendall.

I have to disagree with you Kristina on Alex, lol. He seemed like he wanted to be there SO BAD that I bet he does come back to compete next year. I imagine that like Billy Bell, he will have to come back at the Vegas point and go from there maybe? I don't see how they could put him as an all-star when he hasn't completed a whole season yet...but they changed things up this year so much that who knows?!!

My only complaint about the new format, that I loved initlally, is that we keep seeing these kids do the same kinds of routines over and over. Comtemporary's keep pulling their genera over and over. Ballroom (which I don't really care for anyways but it needs to be there) is limited because they only have one girl out of all the seasons who is good enough to do it. I guess I'd like to see the variety of the previous seasons back on the show. And I'd like to see the couples, allstar/newbie, pull whatever out of the hat and not just be paired with an allstar in their genera or dance that they are super good at. Make it challenging for BOTH partners, not just the newbies, you know?

And....there is my dissection of SYTYCD!! LOL...
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    YES! We should all go camping together. My tent is big enough for 4 people comfortably. It says it sleeps 9, but lets get real....those stick figures are crammed in there like sardines on their little illustrations on how to fit people in tents. Plus there's gotta be room for luggage and I'll have to have Lexi with me (I have a pop up crate for her lol). Even if we eat crap, we'll still be hiking around most places so our calorie burn would be out the waa-zoo. Thats my plan for my trip at least....there are some trails nearby that I'll take Lexi on or I might walk her around the campground in the evening. So maybe we can do something next spring? Its really hard to believe we are so close to coming up on our one year anniversary together. I mean, we've literally talked to each other almost every day for a year.

This is the first season I've ever watched SYTYCD. I like that they brought in the all stars cause it would suck to get paired with one of the lesser talented contestants for a dance and they bring your score down. Plus everyone gets to enjoy their past fav contestants again.

They say its 5 o'clock somewhere....does that mean I can leave work now??
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am in for the challenge. BTW, I did really good this week. I am really getting excited about it again because I finally feel like I have control again.

CW: 196
    GW for Challenge: 190
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Girls, I just got back from seeing Inception (finally- after my ticket!fail last week). What a mindf*ck. Seriously amazing- highly recommend.

On a sour note, I ate some serious snackage and today was a rest day for me, so WAY over my calories for the day. Can't do that the rest of the week if I plan to ever see some serious movement on the scale.

Oh, and I looked at my calendar and my monthly companion should be arriving any day now. That means this challenge, I'll have to deal with TOM gains TWICE. UGH.
  • itsmelaurac
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm back! I was supposed to go running today, but couldn't get my bottom out of bed early enough and then I took my girls to see Toy Story 3 and had some popcorn and candy... so it hasn't been my best day either!

I've been doing the couch to 5k program and am the end of week 8... only 1 week left! I never in my life thought i'd be able to run almost 3 miles!!

I'm not sure what my goals are for the next 6 weeks specifically. Finish the couch to 5k program, lose 6 lbs or more, and get my bike down (it's been hanging in my garage for almost 5 years.... sad, isn't it?!) are a few things that come to mind.

Thanks for all the welcomes!