200+ (Week 41) Getting Fit For Fall Begins!

Options

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Great job on the walk/run Lacey!!!

WTG Deb with logging food!!!

Kristina - good idea to take your workout clothes with you. If I went home, I wouldn't go back out.

Amy - can you run a full 5k yet? If not, keep adding 3 min a week until your there. To get your body used to it, spend several weeks running 5k distance. Runners world website has a free training schedule where you enter current run and goal run distances and it gives you distances to run to get there. Aim for 10k next then 1/2 marathon the general rule is to add no more than 10% to time or distance of running. Good luck.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Lacey- nice job on your run/walk. Take it easy and work yourself up in speed and distance slowly!

Amy- Great job on being in your last week fo c25k. Are you doing it by time or distance? I did mine by time, so I actually had some distance to go before I hit the 5K distance. Transitioning to running outside (I did the whole program on the treadmill, which I don't regret, even though I loathe the treadmill now, because it helped me realize how to set a pace) allowed me to run longer distances. I know from the same peeps who do c25k, there's a bridge to 10K program, that I know there are apps for your phone. As Victoria said, just increase you time/distance slowly, and you'll get there. Work towards another time or distance goal, setting a training schedule for yourself, if you found a more rigid schedule like c25k helpful (which I do). Keep at it!

Yesterday after work I did make it to the gym. Did 30 minutes on the bike. Could have gone longer, but I had to pee like a racehorse and was lucky I made it as long on the bike as I did. Then did some upper body weights and some abs afterwards, so a good Monday workout for me.

Hard to believe I've already been up almost 4 hours. Ugh! It's going to be a long day! But I did get my early morning run in. 4 miles down in 49 min, just over a 12min/mile pace, which is pretty great for me at any distance, so it being 4 was nice. Still a little intimidated by the prospect of 6 miles this weekend, but I know if I take it slow I can do it. Already mapped out the run last night. I always feel much better once I've gotten a run in for the day. I wish I could bottle that feeling to have all the time. As long as I keep my eating on point the rest of the day, it'll be a winner of a day for me. I'm down a pound this morning from yesterday, so now only 3 pounds up from last week, thank you TOM. Let's hope it continues to dwindle down as my period ends.

Work isn't too busy today. I start a new group tomorrow evening, which will certainly make for a long day. I'll need to think about when I'll get my crosstraining in for the day- if I'll want to get up and go in the morning, or try and face the gym later in the evening (which I'm might regret for my planned 4-miler Thursday morning). It's been almost a month since my last group ended, so I've become accustomed to not having to stay late for them, which I'm not looking forward to. Plus, this is another cohort of which I'll need to be observed for fidelity to the model. An audience. Oh joy.

On a bright note, I've got a concert in Royal Oak tonight- The National and The Antlers. Definitely looking forward to. Not so much looking forward to having to drive home late and get up for work tomorrow. Should be worth it.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    PreTOM is really pulling me down. I ate crap all weekend, seriously messed up my sleep cycle, didn't exercise yesterday. I ran out of contacts so I'm having to wear my glasses all week. It gave me a headache yesterday to stare at the computer all day at work. Maybe thats why I feel so tired too though. I have an eye appointment on Friday so that'll fix that. I still have my last pair of contacts...I figured I could wear them to exercise in this week. Zumba is tonight so I'm hoping that'll help give me a little jump start. Anyways....thats my update and I'm sticking to it.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Its funny how God sends you what you need just when you need it. This weekend mom commented on how "thin" I'm becoming, but that isn't too unusual. And just now my friend from work called me "skinny." She said she can't normally tell when I lose cause she sees me just about everyday, but today she noticed how much I've lost. I don't typically measure myself but I must be losing inches since the scale isn't moving too much lately.

That was a good, ego boosting motivator to get my butt on track. I'm already 140 cals over today so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to fix but I do have zumba tonigh. No more chocolate chip muffins, reeses pieces or cheetos for me! (Dang......I really have eaten all that crap today :embarassed: )
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Yeay Kendal, that is always nice to hear from someone else isn't it!!
    If you go to zumba tonight you will get to eat even more...so go girl! Go!

Kristina - that is a busy day and night. Enjoy your concert.

It's 1:24 here on the west coast and so far I am not dragging like I have been in the afternoon...YET! I am hoping the exercise yesterday helped get those energy endorphins going again. I know I slept like a rock last night, which was nice. We all did.

My mind is trying to talk me out of walking home tonight..It is ONLY 22 minutes!!! WHY do we do this to ourselves?? It is very annoying. I can do anything for 22 freaking minutes you know? LOL. Plus we might go swimming tonight for a bit. And I want to play the Wii again tonight. Rabbids cracks me up.

Also Friday night will be hard for me to work out because plans changed. But in all honestly, I probably would have gone to see a movie anyways instead of working out..so I do REALLY need to go tonight now don't I??

I might try to get a walk/run in Saturday morning too before my BFF gets here for the weekend.

Wow. That was some seriously random streaming consciousness right there. LOL. :laugh:
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Dern near talked myself out of walk/running but did it and cut a minute off my time by running a bit more. Ive got thin socks and the ball of my left foot is a bit raw. I need to get some good running socks I guess. Any recommendations?

I just made the besest grilled eggplant parm sandwiches with the tomato jam I made this weekend. Yummmmmmmmmm

Ok I stink and am super sweaty but we are going to swim at 7 so I'm holding out to rinse off in the shower before I swim. No need to waste water on a shower when I'm gonna have to come home and take another one.

I hope everyone has a great night!!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Socks - Wright socks are wicking and they have some that are double layered to prevent blisters.... These are my socks of choice since using them - NO more blisters... But I also started my new running shoes which are 1/2 size larger... Both may be considerations for you...
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Morning Super Pals! I got my Insanity workout in last night and journaled everything I ate. I feel like I'm getting back on track. Today is another Insanity workout and tomorrow we are off to the Black Forest to shop for cuckoo clocks and hike to the waterfalls there. Friday, we're driving down to Zurich so that DH can feed his chocoholic nature with Swiss chocolate. According to him, Lindt chocolate also makes a brand of chocolate that is only sold in Switzerland - of course, he HAS to try it. I'm going along for the ride (I like chocolate but DH takes love of chocolate to epic levels). I'm mostly excited for our trip to London in 2 weeks. So a lot of traveling in our future.

Lacey: I love the Raving Rabbids games on the Wii (which game do u have? I think there are 3 or so)

Kendal: I'm glad you got your motivation back. It's so awesome when other people can recognize how hard you're working.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I'm about to the point where I need to hit something or someone. These people at work are seriously pissing me off. Its not anyone on my team or in my office, its the faceless people who I have to send emails to. I terminate doctor's contracts when they die, retire or leave a practice. There are MULTIPLE systems and I don't have access to all of them (I would have to be a SUPER GENIUS to know all the ins and outs of ALL the systems), so we have to send emails to certain people to notify them so they can start updating their databases. They keep pushing back with STUPID *kitten* basically wanting us to handfeed the information to them. We already do SO MUCH, we don't have time to do your job for you too! Your name is on the contact list so quit b!tch!ng about it!! Its not my fault you have to WORK.

Another situation....There was girl who didn't cancel a contract line like she was supposed to because she didn't recognize my name as a member of the term team. Her job isn't to make decisions, its to do the work. If she wasn't sure who I was, she should have asked. Instead she closed the work item without doing it. After I found all this out, I had to waste time to submit a new work item and it was closed without being worked as well. (even though it said it was done). I sent a feedback form and now they say that I need to contact a whole new team to get this one contract line termed. If the b!tch had done it right the first time, I wouldn't have to waste all this effing time!!!

It doesn't help that I'm cramping today. UGH.

sorry...didn't mean to only rant about work here...

I really need a vacation....only 2.5 more weeks...
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new to MFP, but would love to join this group, if it's ok. I'm down to 202.6 as of last Friday. and I'm so excited about getting under 200. I just started week 2 of Couch to 5K and have a 5K I'd like to run on Sept. 18. I love this site!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Hey, we all need time to rant!

I found out today that i'm losing my "official" work office at the VA and am moving to another floor. No surprise, as I'm not there very often and I saw it coming, as people were totes coveting my deskspace. Still is a bit of a bummer.

Totally got up on the wrong side of the best this morning and am completely grumpypants today. I know it's mostly due to lack of sleep. A girl needs her rest! Concert was good last night, but went to bed too late for my body. My alarm went off this morning for me to get up and go to the gym, but that was just not going to happen. I'm going to regret it later, because that means I'll need to do something after my group tonight or do nothing and feel even more crappy about myself.

Yeah, so definitely not at my best. And not looking forward to group tonight. I like the folks, but the thought of having to lead something and be engaging, just isn't cutting it for me today. On a bright note, I just saw a client who last time I saw was suicidal is no longer, so that's a plus! It's going to be a long day...
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I'll join the rant today... I need sleep and want my house back... I wish today was Thurs. The kids screaming is starting to get on my nerves - I want my nice peaceful house back - PLEASE!!! My head hurts... This heat and humidity isn't helping (*sighs*) I literally just came out of my closet as the kids were noisy and the house cleaner was here working on my bedroom. It was the only place to hide.

Welcome ljc:flowerforyou: Normally our group isn't so ranty....We are a great bunch of "Super Pals" that do give great support and LOVE to run. C25K is awesome...

Oh help - the 2 young ones are coming up the stairs... Maybe I'll go back in the closet... Well anyways, I should go back to typing my work. 50 min till I can leave to see my next client.
  • pxgabriel
    Options
    I have been doing this since june 1, 2010. I have averaged .66 lbs per week. not 6, - .66
    Better than gaining. Blew out my ankle at about the same time. Still hurts but am going to got to aqua aerobics tonight. Makes it fee better.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Yeay for Wednesday! Currently I don't have anything to complain about. Yet. I hope it stays that way. I did start my period today but am not bloated and am feeling pretty good. Quite frankly, I had a rough past two weeks with pretom, so my body d@mn well better cooperate this week. That is all I have to say about that!

Victoria- the screaming thing drives me INSANE. I hate it even if G only does it once while playing. It is like nails on a chalk board to me. So we teach her that she should only be screaming IF she is hurt or scared and that is it. She still does it, but we remind her and it helps.

Kendal - I hate when things like that happen at work. Super frustrating.

Kristina - bummer about losing your office. I know how that is. I went from a corner office up in the front warehouse that has three walls of windows to a corner office upstairs in a warehouse with a window in the door and a tiny window on the wall behind my head that I can barely see out of. Sigh...

Amy - have fun in the black forest with the cuckoo clocks. My husband and I have been talking for several years now about going to Germany for Oktoberfest or the...Women's Day Parade? I think its called? Germany's version of Carnival? I have several customers in Germany who sent me pics of them at the parade all dressed up in costumes and it looked like a total blast!

Welcome ljc!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one who's grumpypants today. Most just be that time for everyone!

To try and remedy my grumpyness, I took a long lunch and went to the gym. I don't like doing it during the day, because I get all sweaty nasty. I don't know how the other social worker at the office can do it the majority of the week. I feel gross! So I actually drove home and took a quick shower (nice that I'm so close to both now!). Got in 6.3 miles on the octane fitness elliptical in 45ish minutes. Cross training checked off! At least if my day continues to suck, I can't use that as an excuse.

I have a lot of cleaning to do around the house tonight and tomorrow before Mom comes on Friday. There were a couple of ants on my counter this afternoon, which is the first I've seen them, and hope it's not going to be a problem I will need to deal with for long. I cleaned off the counters really well and put away the few dishes that were still in the sink in hopes of driving them away.

I think it's hilarious that so many of us cycle TOMs together.

ljc1057- welcome! a few of us have completed/started c25k. It's a great program!

Victoria- you're almost through the visit! Hang in there! Proud of you for getting your cycling in today. Another run tomorrow? What distance?

Kendal- sorry to hear work has been pretty hellacious recently. Boo. Hiss. Just think about the vacation!

Lacey - glad you got some exercise yesterday!

Amy- omg that chocolate sounds incredible! I went through a tour of Europe as a student ambassador between high school and college and we spend a couple of days in the black forest area. Gorgeous!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    More random thoughts by Lacey: I love Trader Joes. Not only because they carry random goodness I can't find anywhere else. Not only because their prices are pretty dern decent. Most of all I :heart: TJ's because they carry a massive amount of sweet treats that taste good and are decent in caloric content! Yeay TJ's. I love it!

ALSO! Amy - if you can get your hands on some Callibaut chocolate, its from Holland or Belgium I think, that is hands down the best chocolate you will find. I promise you. How do I know this? For three years I ran, with my mom, and organic chocolate truffle factory where we made truffles and other stuff using Callibaut chocolate. We used to get it shipped in all the time.
    Oh oh! I just looked on their site and they have several places in Deutschland!!!!
    http://www.callebaut.com/dede/14
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    AAAAHHHH peace and quite (*smiles*)... They are out swimming somewhere. I won't see them again until 7:15. And then I can have a drink and chill as they run and scream. I have 2 more clients yet today. I'm thinking of taking my phone off the hook as I'm now up to 17 outpatients (that may be part of my stress problem).. Can you say work out home all weekend on paperwork... Oh well the money will be good if I can ever find the time to submit my billing.

Welcome pxgabriel:flowerforyou: We enjoy getting to know new people...

Today my brain is too fried to respond individually. Well I should go eat something before I head out the door.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    A few shots of bourbon plus Aviatar (to keep the kids entertained) and it makes for perfect evening. And I worked on my friends - a little free PT never hurt anyone!!!

Kristina - my run tomorrow is 6 miles... Hope it goes well.

I'm off to bed...
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Good thing I checked my schedule before heading out the door this morning because I had to run 7 not 6 miles... Exercise for the day is done and I'm soooo looking forward to this evening. Quiet house, ribs for dinner at the local restaurant, and a hot tub soak with DH!!!! I'm so gonna miss the girls!!! I'm off to shower and then start waking the crew up. I want to visit before I leave at 10 this morning... Oh yeah - I'm back to logging food today and not looking forward to the scale in the morning. I may wait another week to have a good week of eating to see where I really am... And my brother returns Sat night - He's been gone 2 months now...
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Morning ladies!

It's last chance workout day peeps!! Everyone crack that whip on yourself and get moving!

Got up this morning and did my short run for the week. Was not feeling getting out of bed, procrastinated a little, but did get out and do 4 miles (50min, 12:13pace). Was pretty tired and a bit "rubbery" in the legs at the beginning. I felt like I was going much slower than my run earlier this week, but it was only a minute slower total in time, which was surprising. Glad to have my exercise done for the day! Check!

Now I just need to keep my eating on point for the day. I think I might be going out to lunch with several peeps from work today, which could be a bit of a disaster, but I'm going to try and make the best choices possible. I'm still up a pound and a half from last week, thank you TOM, but considering I was up 4 on Monday, it ain't too shabby.

This weekend could be a DISASTUH in terms of eating with mom coming into town, but I think I'll still get my exercise in.

Anyone watch SYTYCD last night? SPOILERS ahead: I think if you couldn't tell by the judges reactions, it's clear they want Adechike to go home next, and I think it's probably the right decision. I don't really care much for any of the contestants left, so I don't care much for who wins. Robert was fab last night. His ballroom with Anya was gorgeous, and I usually don't care much for the waltzes. Lauren is a powerful gal and amazing. Was underwhelmed by Kent... just don't get him... too "aww shucks-y". It was pretty lucky (who am I kidding- nothing is luck on how the show works) that he had that absymal disco first. There weren't many lifts and he totes was like "I'm small!"... there have been other small guys able to pull it off. And that the last routine of the evening (the one peeps remember more) was the Travis contemporary with Neil. I mean come on- can you pull at the teeny's heart strings any more?

Will check in later to see how everyone's doing, and as always, will start a new thread this evening.