My gym pet peeve is... What is yours?

Options
imarlett
imarlett Posts: 228 Member
My gym pet peeve is -
People doing exercises incorrectly on the weight machines. BANG! BANG! BANG! You are suppose to ease those weights down boy-o. It isn't a race to do reps.

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    people not re-racking the weights.
    People not wiping down the machines after they have finished with them.
  • BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe down their machine when they're done! GROSS
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I don't have one :cry:

Actually...sweat on the machines...get rid of it!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    No curling in the squat rack!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    These always end up in a fight

Yes!!!!!!!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    old ladies with their horrible pungent perfume.

other than that pretty much nothing else.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Not racking their weights for sure
    hitting on me when i am struggling to lift as is!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Oh, i just thought of another one. Squatters, i dont mean people who do squats (what's not to love about squats :) ), I mean those that have taken up residence on a piece of equipment. I know, rest between sets, but seriously, 5 mins between a set is taking the piss.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    when all the dumbbells seem to disappear.
    Also when someone joins my lane in the pool, specifically when they decide to float across the lane and not swim.
    And when people leave the really heavy weights on the barbells.
  • iamwilso
    iamwilso Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    People doing curls in the squat rack
  • benjicloverdale
    benjicloverdale Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh, i just thought of another one. Squatters, i dont mean people who do squats (what's not to love about squats :) ), I mean those that have taken up residence on a piece of equipment. I know, rest between sets, but seriously, 5 mins between a set is taking the piss.

This ^^^^...while they play cards on their phones.
  • imarlett
    Options
    old ladies with their horrible pungent perfume.

I have to agree, the perfume is got to go. People are going to sweat and I am ok with that smell, its a gym right? You have to expect it.

My other pet peeve: I don't understand the (mostly older) women who show up at the gym at 6:30 in the morning with a full face of makeup on. These are usually the types that do 2 or 3 reps at one machine and hop over to another machine. I call them "butterflies" because they (try to) look pretty and flit from one thing to the next, never staying in one place very long.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    My gym pet peeve is -
    People doing exercises incorrectly on the weight machines. BANG! BANG! BANG! You are suppose to ease those weights down boy-o. It isn't a race to do reps.

You don't know what their training regimen is like. There are various tempos that people use to achieve different goals.
  • meeper123
    Options
    when all the dumbbells seem to disappear.
    Also when someone joins my lane in the pool, specifically when they decide to float across the lane and not swim.
    And when people leave the really heavy weights on the barbells.

For sure I find that annoying as well
  • whierd
    Options

I regularly rest 5 minutes between sets when I'm squatting heavy.

Oh, and I'm on my phone during my rest periods.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I think she is going more for the dropping the weights. Its loud, startling and really bad for the machines. #1 cause of a machine going out of commission
  • meeper123
    Options
    People doing curls in the squat rack

Yes!!
  • imarlett
    Options
    I never worked with a personal trainer that said banging weights was part of the routine. Tempo I understand but letting the weights fall and hit each other like that means that they are not maintaining control of the rep.
  • meeper123
    Options

I regularly rest 5 minutes between sets when I'm squatting heavy.

Oh, and I'm on my phone during my rest periods.

Ok fine but move aside at least
  • whierd
    Options
    I never worked with a personal trainer that said banging weights was part of the routine. Tempo I understand but letting the weights fall and hit each other like that means that they are not maintaining control of the rep.

I accidentally bang the weights when I'm on the Seated Machine row because it just barely doesn't allow me to get full range of motion.