My gym pet peeve is... What is yours?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Oh, i just thought of another one. Squatters, i dont mean people who do squats (what's not to love about squats :) ), I mean those that have taken up residence on a piece of equipment. I know, rest between sets, but seriously, 5 mins between a set is taking the piss.

I regularly rest 5 minutes between sets when I'm squatting heavy.

Oh, and I'm on my phone during my rest periods.

Ok fine but move aside at least

Why?
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Oh, i just thought of another one. Squatters, i dont mean people who do squats (what's not to love about squats :) ), I mean those that have taken up residence on a piece of equipment. I know, rest between sets, but seriously, 5 mins between a set is taking the piss.

I have to rest at least 5 minutes between sets now that I'm starting to max out on weights. If they don't like it, they can get over it.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    R A C K

T H E

E F F I N G

W E I G H T S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

134801750590.gif
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

So others can get their sets in most peoples sets do last less than 5 mins anyways

So others can get a set in while you rest

Why?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Why?

If they want to approach me and ask me to set in, then that is fine. But I'm not just going to unrack my weights and step aside after each set on the off-chance that someone might be waiting on me.
  • TPlenge
    TPlenge Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pervy creeps staring at me while I am exercising.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    R A C K

T H E

E F F I N G

134801750590.gif

Yes
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Squatting in the curl rack

500x1000px-LL-dd478fdd_squattinginthecurlrack.jpeg
  • meeper123
    Options

Why?

If they want to approach me and ask me to set in, then that is fine. But I'm not just going to unrack my weights and step aside after each set on the off-chance that someone might be waiting on me.

Fair enough i just am not that lazy i guess
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Those girls who go with their boyfriends all made-up and cute and ****, not to work out, but to sit on the equipment with their feet up texting and watching their boyfriends lift. Get the *kitten* off and let people lift. Go text in your car.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options

Why?

yes. they can ask if it bother them so much. but it seems like in my gym, the guys ignore me because i'm usually the only girl in the racks at 6am so they go ask the other bros in the other racks.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Those girls who go with their boyfriends all made-up and cute and ****e, not to work out, but to sit on the equipment with their feet up texting and watching their boyfriends lift. Get the *kitten* off and let people lift. Go text in your car.

Yes!
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Douche bag who wears a t-shirt that says "I Love Boobies" and he climbs on the treadmill next to me...and of course we are facing the mirror.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Why?

Very, very valid point.
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No curling in the *kitten* squat rack!

I always curl in squat rack lmao!!!

wait your turn

There was a bro doing db rows in the squat rack yesterday.... undergrads in the college gym is my pet peeve! :p
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I am mildly annoyed by the guys who do circuits and call dibs on a bench, some dumbells, two machines, and a squat rack for 45 minutes.

Also annoyed when I go to use a machine and I see a sweaty outline of a human on it.. lol

Also the girls who stare at me and my gym buddy like were nuts when we go to use the squat rack....

Wow I had more than I thought! lol
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    I don't care what other people are doing in the gym. My only pet peeve are people who care what I am doing in the gym.

Ok I do have one: the guy who stretches on the bench in front of me whose junk falls out of his shorts. I don't like that guy.
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    R A C K

T H E

E F F I N G

134801750590.gif

Yep. This is the only one that really bugs me. I can handle all the other stuff.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Why?

Or maybe you're not lifting enough weight.

I'm not unracking 135lbs in between each set when I'm benching and I'm d@mn sure not unracking and re-racking 240lbs in between sets when I'm squatting.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Why?

:noway: