Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    *double post*
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Does eating clean have some advantages over just simple calorie counting?

Well do you want to change? if yes then begin to re-educate yourself, faze out processed food, and eat fresh local home cooked food,
    avoid cakes and chocolate and eat fruit nuts seeds etc. Eat the way people did in the 1950s and be generally very active. Aim to be a better stronger version of you, one step, one day at a time, Understand the habits that got you here and set to work on building new healthy eating and exercise habits. Above all 'DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS' this is your journey, learn to love you self, do it your way.

Good luck

Why?
    Why can't I eat cake and chocolate?

Did anyone tell you you couldn't?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is better for your overall health. There is no argument about this, and if you argue, you're just being a douche.

I'll argue it. It's nonsense.

Now call me a douche.

Yeah. In for the win. Way to argue that healthful food has no value. Good job.

What on earth is healthful food?

You said "clean eating is better for your overall health."
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    If you have a problem with Junk food, Triggering cravings, or not being able to control you eating when it comes to certain foods, than taking them out of your diet, may be your key to success.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Does eating clean have some advantages over just simple calorie counting?

Well do you want to change? if yes then begin to re-educate yourself, faze out processed food, and eat fresh local home cooked food,
    avoid cakes and chocolate and eat fruit nuts seeds etc. Eat the way people did in the 1950s and be generally very active. Aim to be a better stronger version of you, one step, one day at a time, Understand the habits that got you here and set to work on building new healthy eating and exercise habits. Above all 'DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS' this is your journey, learn to love you self, do it your way.

Good luck

Why?

Read the quoted text.
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

I dont class wholemeal Pasta and rice as unclean foods?! However i do class poptarts as unclean.

Tell me what constitutes "unclean".
    What makes a Pop Tart unclean?

Eating clean is simply the practice of avoiding processed and refined foods and basing your diet on whole foods (poptarts are not whole foods and are overly processed, wholegrain pasta and rice are 'whole' foods.

Maybe we should agree to disagree and you can eat your poptarts happily :)
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    YES along with no alcohol... it is brutal - but for me it is the truth...
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Faster, no. But it could make it easier to eat mostly whole nutritious food that tend to make you feel full and keep you from going over unless you have great discipline.
    Plus for many they just feel better and have more energy when they eat that way. I look at is as if you can eat "clean" for the most part, then you dont have to worry over and sweat about that piece of pie or ice cream.

This. I do notice a difference in my running and overall energy levels when I eat better. And for all I know, it could simply be the placebo effect. I feel like I'm doing something better for my body so therefore I feel better. Either way, calorie deficit is the big key to weight loss.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Clean eating is better for your overall health. There is no argument about this, and if you argue, you're just being a douche.

Now call me a douche.

Yeah. In for the win. Way to argue that healthful food has no value. Good job.

What on earth is healthful food?

You said "clean eating is better for your overall health."

If you have to ask, then I guess just carry on. It's obvious what healthful food is.

*raises hand* I have no idea what "healthful food" is either, never heard that term before. Plus I like Doritos and Bud *shrug*
  • mrmagee3
    Options
    Read the quoted text.

I did. Perhaps it would help you on a re-read of the text if I specified who wrote what.

A person asked a question about clean eating, he got an answer from someone about clean eating, and encourages them to "do it their way". An uninvolved third party felt the need to ask why someone was telling him why he can't eat cake or chocolate -- which, of course, no one did, because no one was talking to him.
    (miller0438) Does eating clean have some advantages over just simple calorie counting?

(alwayskungfu)Well do you want to change? if yes then begin to re-educate yourself, faze out processed food, and eat fresh local home cooked food,

Good luck

(MrM27)
    Why?

(me)
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Well that escalated quickly. I guess I'm a douche then. Oh well.

You too, eh? Whateves. You guys have it wrong. A diet of Doritos and bud light will not help you in anyway.

You'll die more quickly on a diet of broccoli than a diet of frozen pizza.

See how dumb it is to jump straight to "a diet of nothing but xxx food"?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

You too, eh? Whateves. You guys have it wrong. A diet of Doritos and bud light will not help you in anyway.

Especially considering you can get broccoli on a pizza, but can't get pizza on broccoli. I'll stick with the pizza diet.
  • mrmagee3
    Options

If you're going to take offense to that characterization, you (in general, IIFYM proponents) should do a better job of explaining your overall dietary philosophy to people. If people think your diet is the "pop tarts and ice cream diet", it's likely because a high volume of the posts concerning your eating methodologies discuss how happy you are to be eating pop tarts and ice cream.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Especially considering you can get broccoli on a pizza, but can't get pizza on broccoli.

Challenge-Accepted-2f2xs0v.jpg
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Now call me a douche.

Then I would also guess he would get really pissed at me if I asked if eating tofu stored in PVC containers is considered eating clean?

How about drinking wheat grass from a styrofoam cup?

Sorry, cant help being a douche.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Especially considering you can get broccoli on a pizza, but can't get pizza on broccoli. I'll stick with the pizza diet.

Cheesy "Pizza" Broccoli
    http://food.usaweekend.com/2013/04/19/recipe-cheesy-pizza-broccoli/
    COOK-CHEESYBROCCOLI-HI-042113-225x300.jpg
    :drinker: