Banana Sandwiches

Options
LuRox
LuRox Posts: 520 Member
My friends and I recently had a discussion of banana sandwiches. I eat them sliced with mayo on bread, and also mash up bananas with Peanut Butter and spread that on bread. How do you eat banana sandwiches? Mayo or PB or Both? What region are you from. I'm from the South (Alabama). I'm just interested in the answers.

Thanks!

Replies

• estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have just experienced a peanut butter and banana sandwich (the banana just being cut into slices) and wow!
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    just banana's sliced on it own.......
    but as a kid i used to have banana kitkat and ready salted crisp....um no wonder i got fat lol
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    It's gotta be peanut butter with sliced banana.

Although mashing it up and adding it to a little yogurt or buttermilk is also great (not really a sandwich, though...)
  • MelissaBranch
    Options
    I'm from Greenville, NC. Here is a list of good (dunno about calorie wise) sandwiches:

PB and Banana
    PB and marshmellow cream
    Toasted PB and J or any of the following on a toasted bun

YUM-MY!

P.S. - gots to be slices though
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Mmm, growing up we used to have peanut butter, butter, honey and banana sandwiches! You mix the PB, butter and honey together, spread that on the bread, then slice banana's on top - DELICIOUS!

(although I'd nix the butter now. OR WOULD I?! *giggle*)
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    yuck,
    my husband slices bananas and put it with mayo on bread
    he's from Alabama
  • schwarzaj
    schwarzaj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    mayo on bananas?? eww :noway:
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Oh my goodness my life long fave sandwich is pb and sliced banana!!! But I've recently found a new love of it on a lightly toasted bagel mmmm!!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    not a sandwich but still on the banana theme - banana covered or dipped into a fat free toffee flavored yogurt, tastes just like banoffee pie but a whole heck of a lot healthier!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My kids make peanut butter bananas as an afterschool snack: slice the banana lengthwise, slap some pb in there as mortar, reassemble and eat.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    PB and banana all the way and I'm from Wisconsin.

I also looooove PB and sliced dill pickles -- but don't eat them anymore due to the sodium :cry:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I love the typical banana and mayo on bread but I've had it with pb on it too. I don't like that as much cause it takes away from the sweetness of the banana.

my ex used to put banana, mayo and cheese on bread. that was odd to me

and of course I'm from the south....NC
  • LuRox
    Options
    I'm getting some very interesting replies here...Apparently it is a very southern thing to eat bananas and mayonnaise on bread...especially an Alabama thing. I never realized other people didn't eat it together! LOL

And of course you gotta use Duke's Mayonnaise!!!! (Or Bama!)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with you people?
  • LuRox
    Options
    Hey, don't say ewwww until you tried it!!! but you gotta like mayo!!! LOL
  • LuRox
    Options

Nothing wrong with me....would you like to clarify that statement????? :)
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    For a snack, I take 1 tsp PB and melt it in the microwave and dunk my banana in it. I use less PB this way and it tastes delicious and fills me up and NO bread....
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    PB and banana all the way and I'm from Wisconsin.

I also looooove PB and sliced dill pickles -- but don't eat them anymore due to the sodium :cry:

Hello my new best friend !!
    Finally found someone else that likes peanut butter and dill pickles !! To this day one of my favorites sammies is peanut butter, mayo and dill pickles. Gotta be on cheap white bread though. I have a TON of calories left today.....I think thats whats for lunch ... Sodium be damned !! :grumble:

As for the OP, here in Michigan we eat peanut butter with bananas, sliced only please.
    Never heard of the Banana & Mayo combo....not sure I would even give that a try.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with me....would you like to clarify that statement????? :)
    I have tried it. I was only teasing.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    im sorry but i totally cringed throughout the whole post!!!!! MAYO?

PB and banana go soooo well. and recently a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon! YUM!