Banana Sandwiches

Options

Replies

• ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada too, absolutely love PB and banana sandwiches, either on a toasted bagel, but even more so on toasted raisin cinnaman bread YUMM-O :love:

I have never tried mayo and banana, but my former MIL used to eat PB and onion ALL the time :sick:
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    What's wrong with you people?

:laugh:
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Toasted Sara Lee 45 Calorie Bread + Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter + 1/2 of a sliced Banana = :love:
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi from the UK.

Banana sandwich yes. But with PB or mayo NO! Why not just taste the banana and lovely crusty wholemeal bread.
  • kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am also from the South(Texas) and I have never heard of banana and mayo!!! However, PB and banana.....is one of the best things on Earth!!!!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Banana, Mayo & Bread :huh: :indifferent:

I'm from Brooklyn, NY and didn't know about banana and PB till I came to MFP... :laugh:

Enjoy :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have an unhealthy hate for mayonnaise. Like it freaks me the hell out. So this thread makes me want to curl up in a ball and rock back and forth.

With that being said, I LOVE me some PB and Banana.

P.S. PB and Pickles? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF? :huh:
  • nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of banana and mayo sarnies (I'm from the UK) and have to say it doesn't appeal at all!!

I haven't had a banana sandwich for years but as a child I used to love it sliced and with a teaspoon of sugar over it (for the crunch) on white bread with a scraping of butter.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    wow you know... I was born and raised in the panhandle of Texas and i had never heard of such a thing till I left home and joined the military. that was when I heard about the pb and banana or honey sandwiches. My husband whose from california used to eat them growing up to.. I'm trying to figure out how I was missed in all of this. lol

i think I may have to try such a sandwich soon.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Mayo + PB + bananas? YUCK!!! (And I'm from Texas where we have fried butter! lol) I like mine as such:

Whole wheat toast
    Layer of PB
    Layer of sliced bananas
    Drizzle of honey
    Fold or top with another piece of toast slathered in PB :D
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    another BAMA girl here...love, love, peanut butter, mayo, and banana sandwiches. I grew up on them! Only BAMA mayo in our house. I make them w/out the mayo now...don't want/need the extra calories.
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    OK i just made myself a banana and mayo sandwich for the first time. Honestly i couldn't even taste the mayo....you must have to put on tons of mayo to taste it. Not something i'd make again :)
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Have never even heard of a bananna sandwich! I obviously live in a cave on another planet. HA!
    Now, I'm gonna have to try it... sans mayo though.
  • linda0429
    Options
    In Southern California I grew up with the smashed banana mixed in with the peanut butter sandwich. But as my taste buds matured I put the banana & peanut butter on a toasted english muffin or better yet on a waffle with syrup. My mouth is watering and my mind is telling not today, maybe a treat when I lost a few more lbs.
  • Average_Ammi
    Options
    I'm from NJ, and no one here even eats bannana sandwhiches...they think its weird. Least, the city I am in haha. Even my mother thinks it's a 'disgusting' treat...than again, she hates bannanas...haha. Truthfully, I eat my bannana sandwhiches with cream cheese! I make sure the cream cheese is a nice thin layer, place the bannana slices over wheat bread and yum!

With a side of 2% milk, yumyumyum!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm getting some very interesting replies here...Apparently it is a very southern thing to eat bananas and mayonnaise on bread...especially an Alabama thing. I never realized other people didn't eat it together! LOL

And of course you gotta use Duke's Mayonnaise!!!! (Or Bama!)

Oh that's gross! Haha. And, I'm from the south. Born and raised in Mississippi and currently residing in Georgia. Never stepped foot out of the south, and I've never, never ever!! heard of mayo and banana sandwiches. Now... Tomato and mayo sandwiches? That's a whole lot better. I used to like PB and banana sandwiches as a kid, but now I'm not too crazy for sweets (or peanut butter). Would rather have like.. I dunno, pimento and cheese or just plain meat and mustard. :P
  • sppn
    sppn Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi from the UK as a child we would have banana sandwiches sliced on white bread with a sprinkle of sugar, but now I slice a banana onto wholemeal bread which I have spread with cottage cheese mmmmmm
  • sifu33
    sifu33 Posts: 34
    Options
    love the suggestions, im gonna pass on to me partner, she keeps trying to get me into banana sandwiches
  • taijade
    taijade Posts: 38
    Options
    not a sandwich but still on the banana theme - banana covered or dipped into a fat free toffee flavored yogurt, tastes just like banoffee pie but a whole heck of a lot healthier!

That sounds amazing...I just found a use for my remaining banana and the muller light toffee yogurt in the refrigerator!

I LOVE PB and banana or banana and honey, grilled sandwiches - HEAVEN!

If you're feeling particularly decadent (and have the calories to spare, of course!), try sliced banana and Nutella on toasted wholegrain bread...
  • karbipbaby
    Options
    I am a fan of PB & bananas! BUT... when I had it for a snack last night and put in in my food counter I couldn't believe that it had cost me 240 calories!! WAYYYY too much for a snack!