Banana Sandwiches

Options

Replies

• LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with you people?

Nothing wrong with me....would you like to clarify that statement????? :)
    I have tried it. I was only teasing.

;0) and did you like it when you tried it?
  • LuRox
    Options
    im sorry but i totally cringed throughout the whole post!!!!! MAYO?

PB and banana go soooo well. and recently a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon! YUM!

If you don't like mayo, then I could see why you would cringe...but if you do like mayo...then try it, you might be surprised...it's sweet and salty together!!!
  • LuRox
    Options
    I'm finding it so interesting that people do not eat Mayo and fruit together....we use mayo in our fruit salad here too...it's like a dressing! I think it's the sweet and salty tastes...

I'm glad I posted this, I've learned a lot!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I lived off of PB & B sandwiches for a while, for lunch anyway. I would cut a banana into quarters and then use them for two sandwiches. I think I'll have to try with mayo just to do so.
  • trotters24
    trotters24 Posts: 68
    Options
    LOVE banana and PB

DOUBLE LOVE pickles and PB sandwich with a big ol' glass of milk

TRIPLE LOVE (unhealthy though) banana and Nutella!! yum!

I'm from North Dakota :-)
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite memories is eating banana sandwiches with my dad late at night one time when I was a kid. He had his with mayo and I had mine with PB. Then we combined all three just to see what it was like. It was strangely delicious. And of course you have to have it on cheap white bread. And I agree-Duke's Mayo is THE best.

I am from GA.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Reporting from Georgia here! Banana sandwiches are perfectly acceptable with peanut butter or Mayo! Sliced, mashed or any other way imaginable. :smile:
  • LuRox
    Options
    Yay! some more southerners that don't think I'm crazy!!! LOL :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    :huh:
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm from Illinois and I love banana sandwiches. I toast my bread first, then add crunchy peanutbutter to it. I add sliced bananas to it.

Very yummy! I may have to try it with honey :)
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I know this post is a few days old, but I am having a terrible craving and was searching for something to fix and had to chime in. I LOVE peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I like them toasted with the bananas sliced. I have also used almond butter. I've never heard of the mayo thing and I'm from WV. Anyway, these were some of my childhood favorites to eat with my Granny:

peanut butter, butter, and banana
    peanut butter, honey, and banana
    peanut butter, maple syrup, and banana
    peanut butter, marshmallows, and banana

Also, any of these are good w/o the bananas too :)
  • sh1vy
    sh1vy Posts: 4
    Options
    sliced on toast with a drizzle of honey
  • Tandksmommy10
    Options
    I don't like mayo, so it would never fly with me, and Iv'e never heard of it. We don't eat banana on anything at all- it's just a banana.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Duke's mayo all the way!!!!!

1571613.png
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches..and if i'm feeling like it i'll drizzle on honey too, yumm!

I admit I am curious about the banana and mayo sandwiches. I'm willing to try it even though i'm skeptical. Do you just spread mayo on the bread and slice banana on top?

I used to eat mayo sandwiches (just mayo and pepper, lmao)...so I'm definitely a mayo fan, and love bananas.
  • suchgreatheights91
    Options
    mayonaise freaks me out. nuff said.

but i do like bananas with better than peanut butter on deli slim bread or sometimes on those little chocolate miniature ricecakes.

my boyfriend makes the most ridiculous sandwich ever.. cinamon swirl bread toasted, peanut butter, fluff, bananas, chocolate syrup, and of course....sprinkles. omg. and hes still a skinny minny
  • agog7
    agog7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Okay, I know this will throw some of you but it is delicious. Grilled cheese sandwich (I prefer sharp cheddar) with Mayo, PB, Raspberry jelly and bacon. Delish! Also one of my favorites is PB, Mayo and bacon. Why am I overweight again? Obviously I have had to cut these fun things out but every now and then it cant hurt to splurge; can it?
  • anderson8480
    Options
    Okay, I know this will throw some of you but it is delicious. Grilled cheese sandwich (I prefer sharp cheddar) with Mayo, PB, Raspberry jelly and bacon. Delish! Also one of my favorites is PB, Mayo and bacon. Why am I overweight again? Obviously I have had to cut these fun things out but every now and then it cant hurt to splurge; can it?

I have tried the second one and it is YUMMY!
  • terrys_girl
    Options
    I prefer peanut butter and banana. My room-mate prefers peanut butter and pickles...ewwwwww!!!!:noway:
  • hopebird
    hopebird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I heart toasted PB, banana and honey sandwiches. So yummy and total comfort food for me.

I also love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches... I am from Canada and rarely do I find anyone who thinks it is a reasonable sandwich combo. :) Very glad there are others out there.

When I was little my Mom would take a piece of bread and spread on PB. Then she'd roll the bread around a couple pickels and slice it into several little PB and pickle sushi rolls. It used to be one of my favourite lunches as a kid.

Very much craving a PB and anything sandwich right now. :)