I just wish I had it back!!! (Ladies only!)

Options
12346»

Replies

• Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It can take a year. Hopefully less for you, since you only had one shot. But if it does take a year, it's nothing to worry about.

I was on depo off/on for many many years. At some point after I got off it, I was told, "No matter what you do, it is impossible to lose weight while on depo." I do believe everybody is different. And I'm sure there are people that can lose weight while on it. But if you're doing what you need to do and the weight is coming off, don't beat your head into the wall trying to figure it out.

I was given a thing called Nuvaring. I remember liking the convenience of it. If you didn't like depo, you should probably avoid any of the hormonal birth control options. They're all very similar.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hooray for people who actually research medical procedures before actually getting them done!!

For the rest...should have Googled it.

You're a d**k, when you get a vagina then your opinion matters. Have a seat.

Do you disagree with my opinion?

Also, personal attacks are against the Community Guidelines. If you wish to vent, please keep it to Private Messages.

She may be venting but she is 100% right! No vagina no comment

Do you have any idea how many male OBGYNs there are? :huh:

Dude. Stop trolling. Seriously. Do you have nothing better to do than this? C'mon.
    That isn't trolling.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    you-need-to-relax.gif
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    whierd = hero :glasses:
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am on the Nuva Ring, and it fell out last Christmas without me knowing (thing is, it's clear, so if it drops in to the toilet you can't see it). It's not supposed to fall out, but if you had it in with the combination of a tampon... well, lets just say changing them could cause the ring to pull out along with it. Anyway. Probably way TMI there, but it's on topic.

It took 6 months for my period to return just because I screwed up the duration of time the ring was supposed to release hormones. 6 MONTHS. I went to the doctor every two months and eventually he just told me to stop worrying. It will come back eventually, but it takes time. All you can do is continue living a healthy lifestyle and wait for your hormones to re-balance themselves.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Hooray for people who actually research medical procedures before actually getting them done!!

For the rest...should have Googled it.

You're a d**k, when you get a vagina then your opinion matters. Have a seat.

Do you disagree with my opinion?

Also, personal attacks are against the Community Guidelines. If you wish to vent, please keep it to Private Messages.

She may be venting but she is 100% right! No vagina no comment

Do you have any idea how many male OBGYNs there are? :huh:

Dude. Stop trolling. Seriously. Do you have nothing better to do than this? C'mon.

I am not trolling at all and I am not sure why you would think that I am.
  • robynann1955
    Options
    Side effects from contraception methods affect everyone differently. Some are more common than others. The decision to have the depo shot over other contraception methods was made between her and her health care provider and no one else's opinions should have an effect on that, no matter what expertise their Google "research" gave them.

really? if no one else's opinions should have an effect then this whole thread is redundant!!!!!!!!!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I had a serious health scare from that I had a blood clot and it was very frightening. I didn't get my period back for almost 2 years. I can't say if I gained weight I was very out of shape to begin with back then. I don't take any birth control now and I am much better for it I think.

Glad you got that situated!!! I've been on it 2 other times, once for 2 yrs, and the other time like this one just got the one shot, and after the 2 years I had to be given medicine to get it back, but the second time it came back right away....so I don't know my body isn't following any kind of pattern....I'll be relived when I can finally get the docs

If you knew you once had to be put on meds to get your period back after being on this shot then this topic is completely useless and you're here seeking attention. congrats, you succeeded.

Not looking for attention at all. I had to get medicine when I was on it for 2 YEARS, one other time I had gotten it once, but my TOM came right away, and this time I had gotten it once and now it's not back at all...The first time also my doctor made me take medicine right away on my checkup and didn't give me another shot which is what I was there for SO on that note, I didn't really have an "after effect" since my TOM came back right away. It would have been different if I didn't have a doctor like now, but I don't have health insurance and I am tired of waiting so on that note, going next week. If you were looking for a response then you got one
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman1_zps12fbcb4d.gif

OP, in all seriousness, just talk to your doctor. I hope it all goes well for you! :)

HAHA definitely doing so
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    You all crack me up!!! This thread just blew up...calm down everyone I DONT CARE if men comment on here, but most men don't want to open a thread and see it's a TOM topic, good lord calm down, and yes 1 person on here "Wheird" I don't care for his comments and that is all, he is not a doctor, and can google things just fine, as can I, I have googled it, just asking for personal experience if that is available. If anyone also thinks this is a silly thread so are the ones such as "Pass, Hug, Date, Bang", "Rate me", and so on and so forth, but I don't complain.

Everyone has a right to comment, and yes it is a public forum, just amazes me how many people blow things out of proportion. And for some of you making smart *kitten* comments about excuses, I already said I am not making excuses I just don't like what this has done to my body in general, and I do work out P90X, Running, Elliptical, Stair master, biking, and long walks at times. In the end I AM going to the doctors, just haven't had health insurance but I am tired of waiting, so once again just asking for personal experience. GOOD DAY!!
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    220px-No_Feeding.jpg

Ladies, you are only feeding their boredom.

Regarding the original question. The weight fluctuation you're seeing, OP, is probably your normal time of the month coming and going, but without ovulation; therefore, no menses. They tell you to get the shot every 90 days because the drug is still 100% at 90 days, but begins to drop over time. It doesn't just Poof! go away. So it is still diminishing within your system, but it isn't yet weak enough for you to ovulate. Give it time. Depo has been around nearly 20 years, but we all react differently to everything. I believe you're having the PMS without the M. :wink:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    220px-No_Feeding.jpg

Ladies, you are only feeding their boredom.

Regarding the original question. The weight fluctuation you're seeing, OP, is probably your normal time of the month coming and going, but without ovulation; therefore, no menses. They tell you to get the shot every 90 days because the drug is still 100% at 90 days, but begins to drop over time. It doesn't just Poof! go away. So it is still diminishing within your system, but it isn't yet weak enough for you to ovulate. Give it time. Depo has been around nearly 20 years, but we all react differently to everything. I believe you're having the PMS without the M. :wink:

LOL Thanks, how do you ignore someone on here? That would be nice
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Beside their profile name is a blue arrow. Click on it and click ignore.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    Thanks!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I had a serious health scare from that I had a blood clot and it was very frightening. I didn't get my period back for almost 2 years. I can't say if I gained weight I was very out of shape to begin with back then. I don't take any birth control now and I am much better for it I think.

2 years?!!!

OMG... Great you are feeling better now!

I don't take any birth control pills either. I took them 10 years ago and it was a horrible experience, no sex drive, weight gain, very moody. After I stopped, I didn't have my periods for couple of months and it freaked me out!

Now I'm all for the natural approach. God and Mother Nature gave me periods and it means I got to deal with it the old way. No pills for me.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Well, I have PCOS, soooo all I can do is tell you what I do that keeps my period regular off birth control.

Metforim morning/night helps women with PCOS ovulate, and I also take one vitex supplement daily to help with keeping my cycle regular. It's the first time since I was a young teen, that I've regularly had a period every month. So, I know this stuff works.

However, since you don't have PCOS and probably don't have trouble with insulin resistance, you don't need metforim. But, you can try vitex. It helps balance your hormones. Just make sure when you talk to your doctor you report every darn thing you take, every herb, every vitamin, everything.

OK sure thing, I try my very best to not take any meds if I can, and now especially not birth control lol

Depo made me gain weight and took me months to conceive my 2nd child - I would never use it again.

What I am on is cerazette. it's a Progesterone only pill, very kind on the body and stomach, works by stopping the uterus from forming the blood lining it needs for zygotes to find purchase. The utter perk of it being, if you forget a pill you don't have to wait till after your next period, you are good to go a week after reliably taking one a day. You never get a period at all but it's not backing up in there - it doesn't build up at all.

I had problems with fibroids which create very heavy horrible periods so as far as I am concerned this pill is fantastic. I don't know how long it takes to come right afterwards, but given that it has minimal interference I'd guess it would be a lot quicker than depo. :)
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Options
    Just read the usual comments on how 'you can't lose weight on depo' I've been on depo for 6 years and had no periods for that time too. I've lost 52lb. Depo was my excuse for gaining weight but it won't be my excuse for not losing it.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    @Bridgie101- That sounds like it works for you great! I don't think I will ever go back on any kind of birth control again, just want my body to feel normal again!!!

@Getaway- A long time ago when I first took it and was on it for 2 years, I was able to lose weight fine, but I didn't really have an issues with my weight then, fast forward to 7 years currently, and I was just fluctuating, not using it as an excuse but I have been doing all kinds of workouts, eating good, drinking A LOT of water, and the scale doesn't seem to be moving, so I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on