I shouldnt care...

Options
1235»

Replies

• ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Watch the movie "Groundhog Day".....With some old people, they forget they've already made the same witty comment every day for the past week, month, year. Count it as a free character lesson in practising patience and kindness :-)

Yes!! We'll all get there one day. I love that movie.
  • aaberridge
    aaberridge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I go to a small gym, mostly oler people. I try to go everyday, and I sweat, intervals ect. Today, "oh my do you live here?" the other day "You are her all of the time". I have ignored it, this happens at the minimum 1 or 2 times a week. I almost feel shamed for working out. Do you ever deal with similar? your response?:huh:

Go back and read the title YOU gave your topic. You answered your own question. I actually have commented to someone that I "see you here all the time" or something similar....and I'm not that old. I made the comment because I admired their dedication. Try not to make too much out of people just being people.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    One thing younger people cannot know and never will know while they are young, is how an older person feels. Things DO change. Older people are mostly being pushed to the back by the younger generation, and its not something new, that's just the way it is in the world. And we do get made fun of for trying to keep ourselves healthy, get told we are trying to be "young". When the young generation of today gets old, it will be the same thing happening to them. They will be laughed at about their hearing, their sense of humor, etc. Sensitivity increases with age also. I was one of the guilty young but now my az is old and all this crap is happening to me:laugh:

Nonsense! By the time I get that old, we'll all have cybernetic replacements for any equipment that starts going bad!

You know its well on the way right now - rage of the machines
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    man oh man, when did old people get so sensitive? which goes first, their sense of humor or their hearing?

Agreed. I think someone is taking things the wrong way.

I think this thread started with someone taking things the wrong way.

Pissed off at idle gym chit chat is the MFP equivalent of pregnant women pissed off at "when are you due?" on baby boards and mom's being pissed at "what is her name/how old is he?" on mom boards.

Why do people get so mad about random banter?

Get off my lawn.

and cut your hair and pull up your pants, whippersnappers

Don't tell them to pull up their pants. I have too much fun watching bloopers of them totally tripping themselves when they fall.

Don't tell me to not tell them what to do! You're not the boss of me :grumble: :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't make me tickle you!

4411349240_68d2c9499a_o.gif

Wwhhoooaaa! Cool!
    I could care less about this conversation and had no intentions of commenting on it until I saw this image. Can someone please tell me what kind of animal this is?! I have never seen one like this before! He is so cute!

I WANTED TO KNOW THE SAME THING BUT WOULDN'T ASK, DIDN'T WANT TO SEEM SO OLD THAT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS! YES IT IS SOOOO CUTE
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I go to a small gym, mostly oler people. I try to go everyday, and I sweat, intervals ect. Today, "oh my do you live here?" the other day "You are her all of the time". I have ignored it, this happens at the minimum 1 or 2 times a week. I almost feel shamed for working out. Do you ever deal with similar? your response?:huh:

my response would be a light nod in the affirmative and a polite smile. It' all you can do :blushing: They're probably just trying to be friendly :drinker:
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    man oh man, when did old people get so sensitive? which goes first, their sense of humor or their hearing?

neither, their ability to keep their bowels in check :/

Hey that's not true.....the odd toot wont kill anyone
  • hookilau
    Options
    Ooo nvrmnd
  • aaberridge
    aaberridge Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Agreed. I think someone is taking things the wrong way.

I think this thread started with someone taking things the wrong way.

Pissed off at idle gym chit chat is the MFP equivalent of pregnant women pissed off at "when are you due?" on baby boards and mom's being pissed at "what is her name/how old is he?" on mom boards.

Why do people get so mad about random banter?

Get off my lawn.

and cut your hair and pull up your pants, whippersnappers

Don't tell them to pull up their pants. I have too much fun watching bloopers of them totally tripping themselves when they fall.

Don't tell me to not tell them what to do! You're not the boss of me :grumble: :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't make me tickle you!

4411349240_68d2c9499a_o.gif

Wwhhoooaaa! Cool!
    I could care less about this conversation and had no intentions of commenting on it until I saw this image. Can someone please tell me what kind of animal this is?! I have never seen one like this before! He is so cute!

I WANTED TO KNOW THE SAME THING BUT WOULDN'T ASK, DIDN'T WANT TO SEEM SO OLD THAT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS! YES IT IS SOOOO CUTE

This animal is a baby otter. Too cute :)
  • hookilau
    Options
    I did the first 10 times, it is all of the time. Some are the same people. If I commented everday that you sure ate alot of lunch, at some point, would you tire of it? I am not sensitive, I just find it somewhat rude and tiresome. It is not said in an admiring or encouraging way for the most part. . I do not feel the need to defend nmyself for working out, or to placate bad manners by smiling and commeting.

:noway:
    but how do you really feel about it?
    tumblr_m94d6gCh4b1rrw3rao1_500.gif
  • hookilau
    Options
    tumblr_lmptla0bGD1qg4ayxo1_500.gif
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with you people????

Don't you have old relatives? Would you like somebody to tell your parents or grandparents that they should be dead? Some day you will be old too and I hope that you encounter a rude younger person so you get a taste of the same medicine.

I am old, and I go to a gym full of people my age or even older. They rock exercising even with limitations and canes, and they don't let those limitations be an excuse. I also get from them the same comments that the OP mentioned and they don't bother me at all. If they notice that I am at the gym all the time, it is because they are there often too.

By the way, I am retired but not bored. Too busy to know the meaning of boredom.

OP: you should join Gold's Gym where you can get a lot of younger men hitting on you.

Calm down grams, it was a joke

Actually spat my coffee out thanks, going to have to clean up now!
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lmptla0bGD1qg4ayxo1_500.gif

WIN! :laugh:
  • jniels1975
    jniels1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Aren't they there just as often to be spotting you. Just say, I know, We must be on the same workout schedule.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    LOL. If someone mentioned that I was at the gym a lot (which I am... 6 days a week at the Y), I would take it as a compliment. I am sure being older people, they are just being conversational. I definitely noticed "the regulars" where I go and sometimes I see new faces too. When people disappear I always wonder if they switched their time of day. LOL.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    I would just respond "We must have our workouts in sync! Care to spot me on the bench press? *wink*"

Chill out, OP. Depending on the age, the older generation are from a different era. You know, the era before cell phones, before texting, before snapchat, before facebook. Back in the time where people actually spoke to each other, face to face, and even to strangers they met.

Most youth today have completely lost all social skills. Go instagram your twerking and twitter your latest YOLO effort.