Shirataki/Miracle noodles - anyone lost weight eating them?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Lol, just realised that this is an old thread. I officially have too much time on my hands. :laugh:
    There's a lot of necroposting going on today.:happy:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    zombie thread….

are these noodles made from unicorn dust?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Lol, just realised that this is an old thread. I officially have too much time on my hands.:laugh:
    There's a lot of necroposting going on today :happy: .
    zombie thread….

I'm right there with you guys. :laugh: :laugh:
  • zombie thread….

So that means that they're a negative calorie food?

.....adding to shopping list.
  • I eat them in a weird way.. I would boil like 400g of them then take a pack of instant ramen with a flavor packet that I like, and throw away the ramen then just place the konjac noodles in the msg soup :laugh:

Yeah, I had the tofu laced ones and the texture reminded me of ramen. I had them with butter and Parmesan, but I think next time I will make a seafood soup noodle bowl type dish with them.
  • Hi,
    My favorite shirataki noodles are Miracle Noodles. I love their variety, the fact of no tofu, soy, salt, carbs or calories. The noodles help me lose weight and more important maintain the weight I like to be. As far as the smell, I simply rinse well or boil for 1-2 minutes and that eliminates the smell completely. I use them in stir frys, lots of soups (I am a soup lover) casseroles or just with some favorite healthy sauces. Their new variety of ziti has become a favorite. Their Facebook page has so many recipes from all over the world and many of so very easy to prepare for me, my family and company. Also easy to purchase either on their website or local Whole Foods and other chains carrying their brand.

They take on the flavor of whatever you combine them with. Miracle Noodle is a staple in our house. Long shelf life and also can keep them refrigerated for longer useability. Of all the weight loss programs I have tried, sticking with Miracle Noodle has been the best for me. I can have my pasta and stay thin and healthy. Sometimes I do have regular pasta however always go back to these noodles for stability in my maintenance plan. Hope this helps. Happy Healthy New Year:)
  • ndj1979
    Hi,
    My favorite shirataki noodles are Miracle Noodles. I love their variety, the fact of no tofu, soy, salt, carbs or calories. The noodles help me lose weight and more important maintain the weight I like to be. As far as the smell, I simply rinse well or boil for 1-2 minutes and that eliminates the smell completely. I use them in stir frys, lots of soups (I am a soup lover) casseroles or just with some favorite healthy sauces. Their new variety of ziti has become a favorite. Their Facebook page has so many recipes from all over the world and many of so very easy to prepare for me, my family and company. Also easy to purchase either on their website or local Whole Foods and other chains carrying their brand.

They take on the flavor of whatever you combine them with. Miracle Noodle is a staple in our house. Long shelf life and also can keep them refrigerated for longer useability. Of all the weight loss programs I have tried, sticking with Miracle Noodle has been the best for me. I can have my pasta and stay thin and healthy. Sometimes I do have regular pasta however always go back to these noodles for stability in my maintenance plan. Hope this helps. Happy Healthy New Year:)

are you really dr oz in disguise?

the noodles did not make you lose weight or maintain weight, the amount of calories that you consume did that.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    They are awful, awful noodles.

^^^THIS^^^ considered them a waste of money. Tried several methods of preparation, just couldn't get a good flavor profile. Will stick to normal pasta and eat it less frequently.
  • I started eating them last week and unbelievably lost 3kg in that week. No joke. I was 96.8kg on the 6th/Feb and I am 93.4 today 15th/Feb.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,871 Member
    Funny thing is, any food you eat in a deficit will attribute to weight loss, even the ones with the most calories.....true story.:bigsmile:
  • ndj1979
    Funny thing is, any food you eat in a deficit will attribute to weight loss, even the ones with the most calories.....true story.:bigsmile:

verified
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    I started eating them last week and unbelievably lost 3kg in that week. No joke. I was 96.8kg on the 6th/Feb and I am 93.4 today 15th/Feb.

Congrats! Keep eating them since you're losing weight with them. You may be exercising more and eating less overall, but then again, maybe it's the noodles.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    If you stick to your CALORIE DEFICIT, has anyone LOST weight eating them?

Do you realize what you're asking
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    I've eaten them. I've lost weight. Can't say there's much of a correlation.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Jeez opinions are like...
    I'm asking people who actually do eat them what your experiences are please.
    I dont care if you dont like them and dont eat them.
    I am asking because I wonder if they actually stall weight loss, despite being zero calorie, like diet drinks, I wonder if they fool your body into NOT losing weight.
    Would only like the opinions of people who actually eat them please.
    Yes, I eat them every week. My favorite food in the whole world was Vietnamese pho. I ate it at restaurants and had crates of instant pho at home. This of course made me obese. I make my own pho at home now with House brand shirataki angle hair noodles. I dump the packet into a storage container. I use kitchen shears to cut the portion in half- they tend to be in a clump. This is one portion. I rinse and fluff them in a strainer under the tap. Then I add to my hot broth. I find them a excellent substitute for slippery chewy rice noodles. Rice noodles don't have flavor anyway that is why pho broth is so rich. I am a fan of bean thread and yam noodles anyway, both are very chewy and have no flavor. The shirataki has about a tenth of the calories and is very low carb. People who like chewy Asian noodles will likely enjoy shirataki. I have had sleeve surgery and rice noodles are no longer allowed. The shirataki has been an easy conversion for me. I have lost 55 lbs, but of course I had surgery. I keep at least 5 packs in the fridge. They last about 5 months. I have ONLY eaten them in soup . My old Super Bowl of pho was around 850 calories and 60+ g of carb. My shirataki noodles in a double portion are only 40 cals and 6g of carb, and I only eat 1 portion. This has been great for me. I get to keep eating an old favorite.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Jeez opinions are like...
    I'm asking people who actually do eat them what your experiences are please.
    I dont care if you dont like them and dont eat them.
    I am asking because I wonder if they actually stall weight loss, despite being zero calorie, like diet drinks, I wonder if they fool your body into NOT losing weight.
    Would only like the opinions of people who actually eat them please.

I couldn't find them in my regular store so I ordered them online. I ate about six of the twelve packages I ordered and threw the rest away. They are disgusting.

That is why you aren't hearing from people who ate them. No one can stand them for long. It is like eating worms.
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    I eat them often - though my favorite are the Miracle Noodles rice. I rinse them super well, drain, heat in water, and have no problem with any odor after that. I would say 1-2x a week I use these. I'm losing nicely while using these as a substitute for rice.

• Purdue University researchers have shown that rats eating food sweetened with saccharin took in more calories and gained more weight than rats fed sugar-sweetened food.

If you eat more, you gain more. There is no miracle weight loss food. Also, I recommend spaghetti squash for a great pasta substitute. I also like yam noodles, but more so in cold dishes.
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    If you ask a question about food in a food/nutrition forum and you don't like the answers or comments then don't keep asking the same question expecting different answers. As explained to you by many contributors your question did not make sense. A calorie is a calorie whether it be 'miracle' noodles, diet soda or marshmallows. You sounded a bit confrontational in your repeatedly asked the same question but did not like the answers.
  • I eat them often - though my favorite are the Miracle Noodles rice. I rinse them super well, drain, heat in water, and have no problem with any odor after that. I would say 1-2x a week I use these. I'm losing nicely while using these as a substitute for rice.

I like the (Miracle) rice as well. What I do is get one packet of (Shirataki)noodles and one packet of (Shirataki)rice. A lot I know(about 350grams). Rinse that in a colander with hot water. Pour into a bowl. There is your base.

I have in the fridge a container with either a chicken and vegetable minestrone soup or a vegetable pureed mix. The chicken and vegetable minestrone soup is made from any salad and vegies lightly stir fried with a dash of fish sauce and shredded boiled chicken. A sprinkle of chilli powder to give it a kick. Heat the soup mix on a stove and pour over your noodles. Yummmmmmm!! Plus it fills you right up and no more than 150cal max.

I've tried all sorts of diets and diet foods and shakes and tablets and you name it but I have NEVER had results like I've seen in the last 2 weeks while having Shirataki noodles. My wife says it could just be a coincidence, but I just don't know..

I'll keep you informed how I go......

Cheers all..

Scotty
    Perth
    Western Australia.......