What food can you not have in the house?

Options
123457»

Replies

• heyheyrae1
    Options
    with fitness pal isn't it okay to eat what you want as long as you keep below your calorie limit?

true for sure, but alot of people are choosing to eat healthier as well as keeping to their calories, eating foods with nutritional value , not empty calories. also some people will binge if certain foods are in the house and will destroy their calories for the day, I am guilty of that with nut butters

Exactly! I can work them into my calories but do I trust myself to remain controlled? Hail nah lol therefore I avoid buying them. I tend to go overboard on anything I love lol
  • SymphonyTea
    Options
    Firm believer in OUTTA SIGHT, OUTTA MIND & the following can NOT be in my house (because when they're outta sight, they're outta mind):
    Twizzlers
    Pringels
    Swedish Fish
    Oreo Cookies
    Tombstone 4-cheese thin crust pizza

(5) Absolute No-No's
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have no such list. If I want something I buy it. I currently have 30 boxes of pop-tarts, 12 jars on nut butters, a freezer full of ice cream and cookies galore. It's called self control.

0de.gif
  • journeytocaitlin
    journeytocaitlin Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oreos. Can't have just 2, has to be at least a whole row. Ugh lol.

Or Nutella.

Or basically any kind of candy. Sweet tooth much? :)
  • jademolone
    Options
    Pickles!!! And popsicles!!! If I have either in the house I will consume the whole jar/box in one evening -_-
  • I' m normally very good at controlling myself but... NUTELLA and Ice cream... or any form of chocolate!!!!! LOL
    I do have a horrible sweet tooth!
  • I have a horrible sweet tooth as well!!! I try my best drowning it with water hahah
  • promobabe
    Options
    no cookies, crackers or sweets. I stopped baking, too. even "healthy" things -- coz I overeat them.
    if I want something, I allow myself to have it -- but I have to go out and get it one serving at a time. That really puts the kibosh on my late night chronic eating, as I'm not gonna go out at 11pm to get cookies.
    it helps.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    There is nothing we don't have in the house. But we do have a cupboard for all the treat foods and that is all that is in there. I am ok and don't really bother with things until I actually see something and then I want it.

yep this me
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Diet Pepsi addict ... so when I wanted to be healthier this was the first thing that had to go. The thing that amazed me was how easy it was to stop drinking it. I stopped cold turkey and I haven't missed it at all. Considering how long I have been drinking it .. that is really something amazing.

My little sister told me "drinking pop is the worst thing you can do to your body. So seeing as how she is smart .. I believed her and stopped. I had only been a month but I am feeling better and I am thankful for that.