Negative effects of weight loss - your experience?

Options
1235»

Replies

• skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Because I'm less padded (ha), some chairs which seemed comfortable before I am uncomfortable sitting on ;p

^^^ This, plus feeling the cold much more.

Because I'm less padded (ha), some chairs which seemed comfortable before I am uncomfortable sitting on ;p
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is psychological. I still have a long way to go, but I'm terrified that I'm going to fail...again. I've lost hundreds of pounds over the years and always gained it back (plus more). This time I've been more successful than ever, which is great. I had lap-band surgery 17 months ago, and while it's not a magic pill, it certainly has helped. The band, along with a shrink, a nutritionist, and a trainer have really helped me and I'm totally proud of myself for how far I've come and how much I've changed. BUT...there's the constant fear that I'll fail again and end up back where I started, completely hopeless and out of ideas. It's a real fear and it's causing me all kinds of anxiety...I even lose sleep over it. It seems like the more weight I lose and the fitter I get, the greater the fear...
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem is psychological. I still have a long way to go, but I'm terrified that I'm going to fail...again. I've lost hundreds of pounds over the years and always gained it back (plus more). This time I've been more successful than ever, which is great. I had lap-band surgery 17 months ago, and while it's not a magic pill, it certainly has helped. The band, along with a shrink, a nutritionist, and a trainer have really helped me and I'm totally proud of myself for how far I've come and how much I've changed. BUT...there's the constant fear that I'll fail again and end up back where I started, completely hopeless and out of ideas. It's a real fear and it's causing me all kinds of anxiety...I even lose sleep over it. It seems like the more weight I lose and the fitter I get, the greater the fear...

Bless your heart!!! I have been there--- it is a scary thought!! But just recently, I realized that MFP has helped me so much!! I now know more about food--about how the body works and what I need to do to keep from gaining!! I now realize that, yes, I could gain it all back, but I honestly don't think I will--I have knowledge now about nutrition and exercise that I didn't have before. If you are learning from your past mistakes, that is the important thing!!! You CAN keep it off. Feel free to send me a FR...I think we can be supportive of each other!!
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    Over-restricting to lose weight, I looked great but developed an eating disorder..
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sitting in unpadded chairs gets uncomfortable really fast...there's not so much padding on ME anymore. Buying new clothes is expensive...fun, but expensive. And I tend to get a little anxious getting rid of my old clothes. The thought keeps turning up that its not that big, or what if I need that, or I spent good money on that and there's nothing wrong with it! I think I finally dumped the last of my bigger stuff yesterday. Except for some tshirts...some I can wear to work, some I can sleep in, and some can be for yard work. Waste not.....
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Amenorrhea. .-.
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have an old neck injury and when I ramped up my training and weight loss, I put my neck out really badly a couple of times. The pain was unbearable. My chiropractor said perhaps it was because my weight isn't "stable" and my body is compensating for that. Once my neck was adjusted though I was no longer in pain. My chronic pain of a decade is gone too, something I thought I'd have to live with for the rest of my life...so ultimately this is a positive!
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you are having issues with clothes, I have one word : ebay.

Sold all my old but honestly hardly worn stuff there. Bought lots of new cool stuff from others in similar boat. Full circle, money actually made! :)