Beautiful Blues 7/31/10

Options
13»

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Gee Peter the scale really was messing with you!! I am glad that it stopped by the weighin...:wink:

I will start working on the chart a little later today so keep sending your weights.

Last night a 9:30 and then again this morning I got a call from a lady a few houses down from us asking for donations to help relandscape her front yard. She has decided it would be good to do but she can't fund it herself...Her husband is an electrical engineer working for a big company and she has a job and they rent a few rooms in their house too. My husband said that if he knew about her before moving in he might not have. I didn't answer the phone either time, I know what she wants, and first I was getting kids in bed and this morning we were just waking up! I am a little surprised I guess because I never in a million years would ask for donations to help with my front yard. Interesting. Am I off base for not answering? How would you feel if someone asked this of you? We barely even talk to them. Anyway...

Have a great day!

If they were an elder person, or sick with disease, maybe helping them out would be nice.
    Someone you know don't, that's weird, but you said enough info that I would say NO. her hubby is electrical engineer? she has a job and they rent few rooms?
    Ummmmmm how about using the money you receive from your 2 jobs or rent coming in.

You know the saying, you won't know unless you ask.. So I guess she's asking.

Up in toronto, a couple years back, we had an older lady on the streets begging for money. Found out, her car was parked around the corner, and she has a fully furnished apartment/house. But each day she would dress down and go sit on the street and beg for money.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I needed some back up, thanks for the feedback. I guess it is for the corner of the entrance into our subdivision, sure it would be nice to have it fixed up--but it is her property. Also her husband and daughter went boating this weekend, and she wants us to go help fix up landscaping. I have a hard time feeling sorry!

I have heard so many stories about people pan handling and having a great life off of their income. It is hard to want to give them anything--but then I feel like scrooge, let them go to the shelters and get help! :laugh: I guess we just all do our best!

I am going to go get a pita a sconecutter for lunch today. I had one yesterday and it was very tasty! I have this thing for deli sandwiches right now, I can't get enough of them. At least they are mostly healthy!!:tongue: Have a great day everyone!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have heard so many stories about people pan handling and having a great life off of their income. It is hard to want to give them anything--but then I feel like scrooge, let them go to the shelters and get help! :laugh: I guess we just all do our best!

There will always be people who try to take advantage of others.
    This is a new story that just happened in Toronto last week.

\Ashley Kirilow, who allegedly faked having cancer to raise money.
    http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/08/11/14994361.html
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Peter- your scale tale was hilarious, I was laughing so hard at my desk that 2 co-workers came over to see if I was crying or laughing... I feel your pain buddy.

My own scale tale!

I have been staying with my Mom and Step-dad for a few days and have been using their dial style scale... not as accurate as my digital at home but it's at least fairly consistent with my scale at home. Then yesterday I went over to my sister's house. She has a digital scale in her bathroom, I asked if I could use it, she said sure. She showed me which button to push and I hopped on. 182 fully clothed... last Friday's weigh- in was 182.5 in the buff. I wasn't happy with the lack of accuracy (clothed vs. buff) so the next time I went to use the restroom I stripped my clothes off and hopped back on, there I was absolutely nude in my sister's bathroom.... the results were great though...180.4!! Even though it was yesterday evening I'm claiming it because I didn't weigh this morning.

August 1st- 183.5
    August 6th- 182.5
    August 13th- 180.4 (Peter... just 1.4lbs to go!!)

Deb- No way would I pay for someone else's landscaping. If you belong to a Homeowners Association, I would bring the issue up to them.

Mayra and Maneyes- Keep your heads held high, you are worth every moment you give yourselves in life and this journey!

Sandy and Rach- Where ya at girls?

Have a beautiful weekend everyone!! :heart:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Randi. We don't have an HOA here--which is good, I don't necessarily like them. Lets keep up the great work. And keep chatting...It is good to have the support, so don't everyone disappear for a few days. :wink:

Here is our next board: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/112884-beautiful-blues-8-13-10