Progress pics for my own friggin motivation lol...

Options
13»

Replies

• meech2sandy
    Options
    You can definitely see a great transformation in your pictures. Keep going-You can do it!
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Look at what you've accomplished! Come December and you'll be buying yourself a whole new wardrobe for Christmas! :happy:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    great way to keep on track.. you really look smaller.. keep it up you can do this!!!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options

You and are actually very much alike! I am the same height, and I started out at 228.4lbs...and I am only about 18 months younger than you are! No matter what, be proud of what you have accomplished! Don't worry about the shrinking boobs, I have gone from a 42DD to a 38C, but they look better!

I started my journey in February 2012, and I started taking pictures in March or April. I have only lost about 37lbs, but pretty much every month, on the same day, I take pictures in the same clothes as one of my before pics so I can see my progress. Here are some of mine from last year.

9771335486_4b7da66b36.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I actually take new ones any time I find myself feeling bad about the way I look :D Usually I can find some small change to cheer myself up.

Don't forget about the NSVs ( non scale victory/validation) either. I have had several people at the gym come up to me and tell me that they can see that my body has changed, gotten tighter. The other day, I was trying to do sprints, and my yoga pants kept sliding down?!? Yesterday I helped at a boy scout event, and as we were cleaning up, I picked up a canopy and carried it across a field with no issue--another mom was going to drag it.

ETA: the bottom right picture is from March of this year, about a month after i started working with a PT.

You're doing great! And funny thing is to add to the similarities, I also started at 42DD, lol. So far I've only gone down to 42D, but when you've been DD for so long, it seems so small to get to D, I'm sure I'll end up at C or smaller, I was C in college and a little after before I really gained some weight. ;)

I was in a challenge group and we had to take our pics every 30 days, and I took them in the same clothes, but it wasn't the same as this first day, but I loved seeing the difference, but the pants are now fitting weird and actually make me look bigger because they hang funny on me now, lol. Ive decided I want to keep taking pics in this tank top at least and maybe the pants too but the pants were baggy to begin with so not sure you could see difference if I wore the pants. I should try taking pics every time I feel bad about myself too, see if that helps to compare. My fiance made me do the one in the white shirt when I hit the 90 day mark because I thought I didn't make much change in the past 90 days, I mean I lost but I couldn't see it, so he said then maybe I need to compare it to day 1 from my journey, not just the 90 day challenge, to see how far I came and I was so happy to see changes! So I might have to try doing that when I feel bad, thanks for the idea. :)

I've only had a couple of NSVs, one was just the other day, my step-mom's friend who I hadn't seen in a few months, had said she noticed that I lost weight. Aside from my immediately family, no one has ever just come up to me and said that, so it was so good to hear!! After 8 full months I was starting to wonder if anyone noticed! My fiance always says he does, but I also tell him that he has to say that because he's being supportive, lol. He also says to people before anyone would have a chance to say anything "doesn't she look great? She's lost almost 30 pounds!" He's very proud of me (I'm proud of me, too) and so then I feel like people HAVE to say something because he put them on the spot, so having that woman tell me without him saying something first made me feel great after 8 months of working at losing and having no one openly just say something to me.
    The other NSV's have been clothing fit related, stuff I couldn't wear for a few yrs that I hung on to now fit and some of those are a little loose now, and a dress I bought 2 yrs ago on vacation that I never wore, still has the tag on it, is now LOOSE. The last NSV was that I went through my whole closet and all the dressers and got rid of stuff that doesn't fit me anymore. then I realized I don't have much to wear hahaha.

Thanks again and good luck on your continued progress!

it definitely feels good when someone randomly walks up to you and tells you how great you are doing! I have had a handful of people at the gym ,who have never said Hi to me, randomly walk up to me and tell me that THEY have seen how hard I am working, and that it IS paying off!

Not to get all weird and religious on people, but sometimes I think that God puts people in our path to give us the lift we need. I've had several times when I felt horrible, like I hadn't made much progress, and that is when people come up to me and tell me how great I am looking and how they can see the changes. Twice in the last month, I have run into male friends I haven't seen in a while, both of them have given me huge hugs and said " OMG! you look great!".

It does feel great to get that random compliment! I was so glad to hear my first one a few weeks ago! :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    great way to keep on track.. you really look smaller.. keep it up you can do this!!!

Thank you!! :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    Look at what you've accomplished! Come December and you'll be buying yourself a whole new wardrobe for Christmas! :happy:

I was thinking of asking Santa for a GC to a few clothing stores! ;) Its the first time I've WANTED to go clothes shopping for me in a long time! I still have a ways to go, but until I saw these side by side, I had no idea there was much change, because from the front, my belly is still wider than my hips, but from the side I can tell FINALLY! :)

Thanks!!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    You can definitely see a great transformation in your pictures. Keep going-You can do it!

Thanks! I am so excited to get there! I was at first going "ugh, I'm not going to make my goal of 40 by my 40th bday!" but now I'm like LOOK HOW FAR I'VE COME AND I CAN KEEP GOING!! :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    EXCELLENT! You can really, really see the difference.

Thanks for posting & congrats on being engaged! :flowerforyou:

Thanks!

and THANKS! :) He must really love me if he can love me at my heaviest and unhealthiest. :)
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Great job - Keep up the good work!!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    Great job - Keep up the good work!!

Thank you! :)
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!