August ShredHeads! - 30 Day Shred 8/1 - 8/30

Options

Replies

• sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Day 5 done! My legs really ache but think it is getting a bit easier and I can manage nearly all of it now without taking a break! Did some other ab exercises that I have on my ipod so maybe I will feel it in my abs tomorrow!
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done here too! For some reason my shins were kind of hurting today doing jumping jacks and jump rope.
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling so lazy tonight, I don't wanna shred! I'll probably get around to it at ten or so. I'm commenting to say I WILL DO IT, so that I have no choice :)
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Day 5 done. I'm so sick of those side lunges. Today I considered how much more I would love 30 Day Shred if it consisted only of the warm up and cool down.
    I hope everyone else's shred is going well :)
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am about to do D5. I have been putting it off because well I am lazy today. I think I pulled a muscle in my shoulder/back so all the weight training is killing me and I think my 5lb weights arent helping. I told my mother in law about this and she disappeared into the back room only to return with a set of 3lb dumbbells. Guess I have to try it now.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    thanks for sheering me to the new link! I'm doing day 4 first thing tomorrow morning! I can definitely feel it in my arms and abs. I don't have much time to read what everyone has been up to, but I will catch up later. It seems like everyone is doing the shred everyday. When are your rest days? I have decided to do it every other day, no matter what day of the week it falls on. I do a different circuit on the alternate days and I also work out in the gym. When is everyone going to move on to level 2?
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Oh dear, I had to return my DVD to the library today. How silly. I'll have to buy one and keep it handy. I do remember the moves of level 1 though. So I went to the gym and did them over the last couple of days.

:bigsmile:

Rebel
  • sim247
    Options
    Day 6 done and it is getting easier!!! Although I still ache I didn't take any breaks today so feel very pleased with myself. Weighing in day tomorrow but not hopeful as don't feel like I have lost any weight. Hope everyone else is doing ok.
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Anyone else not doing this every day but incorporating with other activity?
    I am SO happy this week and feeling so good!
    I have now done it 3 times, tomorrow will be day 4 for the week.

I decreased my cardio at the gym b/c of the extra workout in the mornings before work. I also added in strength training at the gym, alternating upper and lower body days and taking a day off every 3 or so days, I have dropped almost 6 lbs since Sunday and this is UNHEARD of for me. The last 2 weekends were HORRIBLE but I could not drop that those pesky "lost control" lbs until I started this routine 5 days ago.

Anyone else not shredding every day?
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Day 4 of the shred and I feel pumped!

Sim, glad you're starting to feel stronger already. And doing it from start to finish is a great accomplishment. Don't be discouraged if you don't lose tomorrow, it sounds like you're doing great.

abricklin, I'm doing it every other day and I still go to the gym to do additional cardio. Also, there are other programs on exercisetv that I intergrate along with the shred. Great job on the pounds loss. That's definitely motivating.
  • doccaroo
    doccaroo Posts: 18
    Options
    So I will do my day 6 this evening when I get home. I have done it everyday and gone to the gym for 45-to an hour every morning. The last to day i have done more cardio than strength. I have lost nothing. I don't understand if you follow your calories and do all these workouts and yet have a big fat 0 on your ticker. If anyone has any suggestions or advice I wold love to hear it.
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Anyone else not doing this every day but incorporating with other activity?
    I am SO happy this week and feeling so good!
    I have now done it 3 times, tomorrow will be day 4 for the week.

I decreased my cardio at the gym b/c of the extra workout in the mornings before work. I also added in strength training at the gym, alternating upper and lower body days and taking a day off every 3 or so days, I have dropped almost 6 lbs since Sunday and this is UNHEARD of for me. The last 2 weekends were HORRIBLE but I could not drop that those pesky "lost control" lbs until I started this routine 5 days ago.

Anyone else not shredding every day?

Congratulations on the weight loss; that's amazing!!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    I finished D4 for me last night... almost didn't do it, but pushed myself to & felt great after. My weight hasn't budged since earlier this week though. :/ I'm hoping I'm at least losing some inches!
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    I finished D4 for me last night... almost didn't do it, but pushed myself to & felt great after. My weight hasn't budged since earlier this week though. :/ I'm hoping I'm at least losing some inches!

I don't think my weight's gone down any either, but I'm more interested in losing inches. How often do you plan on measuring yourself? I'm really trying to avoid it until the end of the 30 days, but it's so hard!
  • PalomaRose
    Options
    Wow. I have done this video three times and it is kicking my *kitten* and I'm only on level one! Who knew some innocent jumping jacks and pushups could be so evil.:sad: But, I am gonna stick with it.:tongue:
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    L1D6 done. I feel like I did a better job on the first day because I wasn't sore and was able to give it 100%. Now my legs and arms are still recovering so they seem to fatigue a lot easier, I feel like I'm not working as hard as I should be. I can't wait for level 2 so I can start fresh with new exercises.
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    ok, so I started a day ahead of you, but missed yesterday so that should make us even...weighed myself this morning and I've GAINED weight. Only a little but a big disappointment :sad:
  • sim247
    Options
    Day 7 done and it is getting easier although I agree I am still sore and probably not giving it my all. Roll on day 11......
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Day 6 down for me. I wasn't losing any weight. Actually, yesterday my scale said that I gained two pounds. But I think it was all water. I started to incorporate pilates into my workout. I drank a TON of water yesterday and was way unter my calorie intake. Today I lost that 2 pounds but I'm only .4 pounds lighter from where I started.

I am excited that I've been able to stick with this so far. I've started and stopped the shred so many times in the last two years, but this is the farthest I've ever gone with it. I'm proud of myself for staying with it, but I'm getting afraid of moving on to level two in four days. lol

Keep it up, everyone!
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    I've read that when you do new work outs that make your body sore, it retains more water to help heal your muscles. So for those of you who have gained - there's a good chance that's the reason. So don't worry! If you're working hard (and I know we all are!) I'm sure you'll see some great results by the end of the 30 days!