August ShredHeads! - 30 Day Shred 8/1 - 8/30

Options

Replies

• MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    leelawatson thanks for the welcome:flowerforyou: I will actually start level 2 tomorrow.. last day of level 1 today :)

I bumped up from using 3lb. to 5 lb. weights for the entire workout last night and I am extra sore this morning..ouch:bigsmile: but good ouch!

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE YOU ARE DOING GREAT! DON'T FORGET TO BE NICE TO YOURSELF!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    MFT2010, welcome!!

I did L1D9 last night and will do D10 tonight. Level 2 tomorrow! I'm excited but also a little scared, those planks do not sound like much fun!
    Keep up the great work everyone - you're all so inspiring!
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    was looking forward ro level 2 but never managed to hold a "plank" position in my life :blushing: I'm going away this weekend so maybe I'll wait til Monday to start level 2.
    I think shred= clumsiness. i fell into a picture the other night ( my landlord been promising to hang it for 5 months!!!), shattered glass everywhere and had to be peeled off a shard of glass by mt flatmate: sounds much worse than it was!
    Can live with Jillian's voive but the background music is killing me....please tell me it changes in level2 :noway:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    So today is day 7 of shred. I will do it again Friday and then I'd like to move on to level 2. I need to see if the library has it to rent because, sadly, I don't own it. I didn't have a problem completing it, but its still a good workout!
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    Day 1 L2 today! It was hard!! lol

I agree with everyone on the planks. I've never had much upper body strength, so this is a challenge. I'm so happy that it's tough again, though, because I was getting bored with L1.

On another note, I think my hands are getting stronger. I gave my husband a massage the other day and he asked, "When did your hands get so strong? I almost had to ask you to go easy on me!" LoL I've never been able to give a good massage. Must be the push ups and holding on to those weights!

Keep it up everyone!
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    I'm officially finished with level one! :D
    To be honest, I kind of slacked a little today. I don't feel like I gave it 100%, and I took breaks in places I've never needed them before. This could be because I'm still a little sick, or because I'm just bored with level one. Either way, I can't wait till tomorrow!
    Those of you who have started level two, did you watch through it first? I feel like it would probably be good for me to know what to expect, but at the same time, I want to be surprised. Should I watch before I do it?
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    morning ladies, went on a little shred hiatus. Today is Thurs day and I have not done it since Monday and don't plan on doing it until tomorrow. It will be my 6th and final day of level 1. I am mixing it up daily and I feel god by Jillian is totally boring and I find the workout to just be a drag.

I hope level 2 gets better, I will start it on Saturday.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    D2 L2 completed, and it was still hard! I'm still needing some breaks. All that plank work is killing me. My arms did feel a little sore today, so that means it's working! I just gotta keep telling myself that I can do this. I'm worth this!

Keep it up!
  • eastcoaster
    Options
    Thanks everyone who have helped with my questions! I love this thread.
    The most challenging part for me is the pushups. I have never been able to do a real pushup in my life. I just finished day 3 today.
    Are any of you thinking that your pushups are getting easier? I will feel so good when I can finally do one!
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Thanks everyone who have helped with my questions! I love this thread.
    The most challenging part for me is the pushups. I have never been able to do a real pushup in my life. I just finished day 3 today.
    Are any of you thinking that your pushups are getting easier? I will feel so good when I can finally do one!

I did regular pushups the first day and then had trouble the rest of Level one. Last night (day 10) I tried to do regular pushups instead of the modified ones, but noticed that my form was pretty awful so I switched back. I think it's much better to do the modified pushups right than do the regular ones incorrectly.
    That said, I'm sure that if you keep at it, you'll be able to do those regular pushups in no time! I definitely think they got easier as the days went on. Working towards being able to do regular pushups is a great goal. You can do it! :)
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Did L2D2 earlier and not as bad as yesterday thankfully. The planks seemed a bit easier although the backs of my legs are sore from doing the toe touches(?) in the warm up. Jillian is really annoying me and now she has got the most annoying laugh.....if I have to hear it one more time.....oh yeah, I guess I will .........:laugh:
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    Did L2D2 earlier and not as bad as yesterday thankfully. The planks seemed a bit easier although the backs of my legs are sore from doing the toe touches(?) in the warm up. Jillian is really annoying me and now she has got the most annoying laugh.....if I have to hear it one more time.....oh yeah, I guess I will .........:laugh:

haha at least eight more times, depending on what level three looks like!
    I get so irked in level one when she says "buddy." UGH
  • MFT2010
    Options
    still doing girly pushups here...:grumble:

off to do D1L2..... eekkkk
  • sngnyrslp
    Options
    L2D1 Finished. Oh my gosh that was so hard!! I feel like Level 2 is MUCH more focused on the upper body than the lower body. Which is great except my upper body is not used to taking the beating haha. I think I did not give it my all today - Because I was so focused on doing the exercises right, I didn't put a lot of effort into the lower body portion of a lot of the exercises, like the chair squats and stuff. I think I'll do better tomorrow since I know what to expect (at least I hope so). Pendulum lunges are HARD, did anyone else have a hard time with balancing? I'm not the best multitasker haha. I think I'll take them slower tomorrow to make sure I get a handle on the move. Some of the cardio was a lot of fun. Others (double jump rope? are you SERIOUS?!) totally sucked. I really like that I feel like most of the moves are targeting my abs at least a little bit.

Good luck to everyone else working on L2 today or tomorrow and to everyone finishing up L1. You can do it!
  • misstrish03
    Options
    Just did day 2 of level 2 (My 9th day overall) and man is it hard! I've never broken such a sweat!
    But I'm glad I can see/feel a difference already!
  • doccaroo
    doccaroo Posts: 18
    Options
    OMG i was already freakng out a little about moving on to L2 and after hearing some of this I am dredding going home on a Friday. lol I am a little dissaponted in myselft for just starting L2 tonight. I did not do this all week until last night. I have been focusing on massive cardio in the mornings(480 calories trying for a 500 calorie goal) and was supposed to shred in ehte evenings, but it has been SOOO HOT here that when I get home I just want to relax. However, when I did shred last night I was so happy that I was able to keep up a million times more than before I stopped. So atleast I am making progress and i ronically I have lost 2lbs this week. YEAH finally noticing all the hard work. Jillian here I come!! (Lord help me).
  • MFT2010
    Options
    I like level 2 wayyyyy better... maybe cuz I was so so sick of level one! :noway:
  • JessikaJ
    JessikaJ Posts: 43
    Options
    I started a little earlier than most of you but figured id jump in anyways :)

Im on day 16 straight of the shred... I LOVE Level 2 so far!!! I feel like im getting such a good work out in, even for just 20 minutes! I hate it while im doing it but feel GREAT afterwards.. im excited to see what level 3 has in store for me.. but still have a few days left in Level 2 before i venture to 3! I can see such a difference in my legs already from just 16 days!
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just finished D4L1 today. I am sooo behind :sad: It's hard to get this done for some reason. I don't know why. It's only 20 dang minutes, super short and fast. I can do this. Just have to DO IT! I've lost three lbs already and I tend to do this. I see a little bit of good results and I start slacking. I did take time off for my back injury, but enough is enough. I wanna KICK *kitten*!

Anyway... it is getting easier. I'm not totally dying by the end of it. I am promising to do this at least 5 days a week. I already blew 7 days a week straight. So at the very lest 5 days.

I am happy to see you guys all sticking with it and getting better! I'll just have to start stalking the board to stay motivated. :bigsmile:
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    D3L2 yesterday. Today is a day off. Still hating the plank jacks and the squat thrusts. Able to do the walk out push ups though, so that's good. Going to stick on lvl 2 longer than I did lvl 1 for sure.

Does anyone know what weight dumbbells are actually recommended for this? I've been using 3lb. I know some of you have switched up to 5's but that seems so heavy for this type of 4 limb work to me. I just don't think I could do it, lol! I can't tell what they are using on the dvd, but I'm pretty sure it's either 3 or 5.