no one understands bra sizes

Options

Replies

• AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have been sized several times, and I'm getting sized again this weekend. I still can't find one that's right. Unless you can tell me how to find one that's comfortable, I don't care about the formula.

Signed,

Thinks She's 38DD
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I stopped wearing them altogether about 30 years ago because I was tired of being disgusted with something that felt like a torture device. I wear teddies and bathing suits and will never go back to wearing a bra. The band of the bra was either digging harshly in my waistline (which is under my boobs, I'm very short waist) or it wasn't touching me at all.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 6, and I wear 28 waist (or it 27?). It's not 26, I know that.

Part of it too has got to be, what kind of pants are you wearing. I know that when I wear jeans that only come to my hips, I can wear smaller sizes, but with my work pants, that actually come all the way up to my waist, I have go one size up. And that's when the whole subtract 20 thing actually applies to my pants size. So, with your pants, do they actually come all the way up to your waist? Does your waist measurement actually factor in?

I haven't worn pants up to my waist since Clinton was president. :laugh: TBH, I'm probably more of a 4 now . I'm pretty sure my 4 jeans are 27. I've got to get my cold weather clothes out of storage. lol

That's because it isn't waist size minus 20. The person posting that is wrong.

For bottoms, A 0 is a waist size of 25 inches. Each next size up is a plus 1 in inches and plus 2 in the size (26=2, 27=4, 28=6, and so on).

Of course, hip size comes into play, and if you don't have the magic .7 waist to hip ratio, then your size is going to be different.

As for bra size, yes there is standard sizing, in theory. In practice, each manufacturer determines fit and plays with the numbers.

And many, many women understand how it works. It isn't rocket science. Except it is rocket science to the poor stupid girls who work at lingerie stores. I swear they have to fail a test to get those jobs.

I have a .7 waist to hip and those sizes wouldnt work for me, so I dont think its that...
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    OP, I agree. You'd never think I was a DDD/ F but I am a 36 DDD. I can and have worn a 38D but I pop out of the tops of them. I just started wearing the right size because I did my own research after not being fitted correctly. Weird.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    3u5q57.jpg

mind-blowing_1454.gif
  • donthesitate
    Options
    http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/ Best calculator ive found, a good fitting bra is the most comfortable, trust me :)
    I have been sized several times, and I'm getting sized again this weekend. I still can't find one that's right. Unless you can tell me how to find one that's comfortable, I don't care about the formula.

Signed,

Thinks She's 38DD
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Most men and women seem to have no clue about bra sizes. They think as the cups get bigger the boobs automatically do too, they dont consider band size at all. They think the difference between a 34 and a 36 is just that the 36 is fatter around and the cup size is the same, wrong! Ill educate you. As the band size goes up so does the volume of the cup, meaning the breasts of the 36 are larger than the 34. The reason they are the same cup is because the proportion of the breasts to the ribcage. So many women wear the wrong size because now manufacturers make bras in proportion with the ribcage (they used to make you add 4 inches or some nonsense to get band size.) For example, if you measure under your breasts and get 34 inches then that is your band size, dont add anything. Back to assuming the bigger the cup the larger the breast, the cup is kind of irrelevant to the actual size of the breasts. I went from a 34DD to a 32DDD, that means that my band size went down AND the volume. My boobs arent huge, some people say I look like a C cup, well my proportion is larger, what can I say. Just my rant :)

On a serious note. I totally know how you feel. I am a 32DD but don't look huge at all. People look at me like I am lying when they find out my bra size. It is funny. I tend to hide mine well too so it makes it even more of a shock.
  • callmenikita
    callmenikita Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    a bra is like a box of chocolates......you rip that **** open and grab the good stuff

OH REALLY!?!? :laugh: :wink:
  • donthesitate
    Options
    Most men and women seem to have no clue about bra sizes. They think as the cups get bigger the boobs automatically do too, they dont consider band size at all. They think the difference between a 34 and a 36 is just that the 36 is fatter around and the cup size is the same, wrong! Ill educate you. As the band size goes up so does the volume of the cup, meaning the breasts of the 36 are larger than the 34. The reason they are the same cup is because the proportion of the breasts to the ribcage. So many women wear the wrong size because now manufacturers make bras in proportion with the ribcage (they used to make you add 4 inches or some nonsense to get band size.) For example, if you measure under your breasts and get 34 inches then that is your band size, dont add anything. Back to assuming the bigger the cup the larger the breast, the cup is kind of irrelevant to the actual size of the breasts. I went from a 34DD to a 32DDD, that means that my band size went down AND the volume. My boobs arent huge, some people say I look like a C cup, well my proportion is larger, what can I say. Just my rant :)

On a serious note. I totally know how you feel. I am a 32DD but don't look huge at all. People look at me like I am lying when they find out my bra size. It is funny. I tend to hide mine well too so it makes it even more of a shock.

When asked i dont even tell my size anymore cuz ppl look at me and go well you look like a c cup, which makes no sense cuz every c cup is different
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options

When asked i dont even tell my size anymore cuz ppl look at me and go well you look like a c cup, which makes no sense cuz every c cup is different

if a girl says that, she's probably just trying to be polite.

if a guy says that, he's probably getting you to try and press your hands against your boobs and go "oh really? are you sure?"

truth is in the subconscious
  • femjesse
    Options
    I was remeasured recently, I hadn't been measured in 12 years before that... apparently even though I thought I was done puberty way back then, I had gone up an entire cup size and two inches in band! What the hell!? I was wondering why my breasts were hurting. I think it may have been related to birth control/sudden weight gain, but damn is my husband happy... Even better since then I've LOST the weight and kept the cup size. Lucky, lucky me!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have more than a handful so I guess I'm wasteful. oops!
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    28GG checking in. All I know is I have to order them for the UK or Poland since they're the only places that manufacture my size.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    28GG checking in. All I know is I have to order them for the UK or Poland since they're the only places that manufacture my size.

Can't help it. Crushing on MNinjaS and want to creep...
  • Nick19f
    Options
    I'm a 26 A by that logical but in reality I can fit a 28A or 30A even
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really matters is how to get one off.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I don't have boobs, and don't really need to know the sizes.

I just LIKE seeing them - bottom line!!!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I am just angry that I'm losing mine :-(
    You can have 1/2 of mine. I'm a giver.