And I thought I wasn't a prude! But really? Weird gym exp

Options
12346»

Replies

• Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Completely agree!! Just unnecessary nudity, does it hurt to just get changed first, surely people realise that it makes most people uncomfortable :/

I am comfortable with the nude body (my own) that doesnt mean I want to be looking at others daily!

The whole point of her comment was that it took her over 25 mins to get ready whilst still being in the nudy! For one she would be freeeezing in a swimming pool changing room and two- its a changing room which means getting changed into your clothes not walking around for half hour naked.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Completely agree!! Just unnecessary nudity, does it hurt to just get changed first, surely people realise that it makes most people uncomfortable :/

I am comfortable with the nude body (my own) that doesnt mean I want to be looking at others daily!

The whole point of her comment was that it took her over 25 mins to get ready whilst still being in the nudy! For one she would be freeeezing in a swimming pool changing room and two- its a changing room which means getting changed into your clothes not walking around for half hour naked.
    So what, it was in the changing room and you are generalising, my own swimming pool changing room is not freezing, nor is the gym I occasionally go to.

Personally, if I wanted to walk around, doing my hair, make-up and sorting myself out for half an hour in the nude, I would do so, because at 52 years old, I consider I do not need to ask anybody's permission to do so. I people find it uncomfortable, then don't look, simple as.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Completely agree!! Just unnecessary nudity, does it hurt to just get changed first, surely people realize that it makes most people uncomfortable :/

I am comfortable with the nude body (my own) that doesn't mean I want to be looking at others daily!

The whole point of her comment was that it took her over 25 mins to get ready whilst still being in the nude! For one she would be freezing in a swimming pool changing room and two- its a changing room which means getting changed into your clothes not walking around for half hour naked.
    So what, it was in the changing room and you are generalizing, my own swimming pool changing room is not freezing, nor is the gym I occasionally go to.

Personally, if I wanted to walk around, doing my hair, make-up and sorting myself out for half an hour in the nude, I would do so, because at 52 years old, I consider I do not need to ask anybody's permission to do so. I people find it uncomfortable, then don't look, simple as.
    I agree, if someone wants to get naked in a locker room, let them be. If you want to or don't want to... so be it. I'm really surprised how many ppl it seems are so uncomfortable with a naked body. It's not like the women was walking down the street... she was getting ready for her day after a workout. That involves different things depending on where you're headed after. Some prefer to put makeup on and do things in their own order, life is short... really it's time to get over this..

Isn't this thread like days old? So by now we can all be quite sure the women is no longer naked..so the OP no longer has to worry about her. Also those that choose to feel shame when looking at the human body, your own or another's.. I don't know what to tell you. We're all naked under our clothes.. now I'm off to the gym & the locker room where I can pretty much guarantee there will be naked women.:laugh:

I could care less if a friend a mine or someone I strike up a chat with is standing their putting on their make up with a towel on or buck naked.

Remember the saying... others are a mirror to what we feel inside. If you are bothered by "naked lady" that says far more about your own self than the women going about getting ready for the remainder of her day.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love being naked so idc lol, I do my hair naked after I get outta the shower :)