WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST

Options

Replies

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :ohwell: I feel a little out of touch. So busy this week and a busy weekend coming up. I try to read all the posts though.

Love you all!

:heart: :heart: Rebel:heart::heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: wow, did I have a great time reading all the posts.

:flowerforyou: Barb, I'm glad you posted about your new plan......I am so glad that it's working for you and that you can stick with the plan and still live your very social existence

:flowerforyou: kc, I'm thrilled that you've continued with your vegan eating for so long and that your absence from posting has been for some good reasons....

one of the things that I've liked about this thread that's not true of other parts of my world, is the acceptance and applause for our different approaches.....we believe "if it works, don't fix it".......we cheer each other for the solutions we've found.....if someone has an approach that isn't working and asks for suggestions, we offer them but we don't jump in and give unsolicited advice to anyone with a different eating plan.........my Isagenix plan is certainly different and no one has tried to talk me out of it.

:flowerforyou: I'm thinking, though, that no matter what the plan, that we all seem to agree on "roasted veggies ala Mimi" is an important part of a healthy diet :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Linda, thank you for telling us in detail about your daughter and the joy you've experienced with her life and now her wedding.....how blessed your daughters have been to have been born into your family.

:flowerforyou: Amanda, I loved seeing the picture of your daughter's wedding.

I danced the whole line dance class today, some of it with my usual reckless abandon and then took the dogs to the dog park where I was a little less timid, so life continues to get better.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Angusowner
    Options
    Good evening (almost good morning here in the midwest), all,
    We had router problems so I was only just able to get on the internet. Which brings up one of my -?+
    :grumble: So often we spend more time trying to figure out what goes wrong with our internet than acually using it.
    :happy: Without the internet I would not have found MFP and this wonderful support.

Today I had lunch with a friend at a tea room. We teach together. The woman that owns the tea room cooks wonderful food from scratch, much of it she has grown herself of gets locally (even the meat). I ordered spinach pie (it is so full of spinach; I have her recipe and it works out to be only 160 calories!). It was served with a salad of greens with raspberry dressing drizzled and melon. Anyway, We decided to split a piece of fresh peach pie. The best thing is that I didn't feel at all guilty. I had exercised, I knew I would eat sensibly the rest of the day, and I was in control. My friend asked me how I had lost the weight this summer, so now I am sending her the mfp site.

Barbie was so right about this being all about support. I was fascinated with reading Barb's diet. I have never felt this is just one way for everybody to get healthy and maintain it. We all have different body shapes and chemistry. Our muscle tissues vary. We produce different amounts of various chemicals. Our body reacts differently in changing situations. Right now, what I am doing is working for me. There may come a time when my body changes and I hit that plateau. It is good to know the different things that are out there to get the weight moving down again.

Linda, I was so moved by post. My experience was different. I was this "independent woman". I was even worried about being married and losing my identity. In fact, I told my husband-to-be that I couldn't go through with it about 3 days before. He said just the right thing: "Do you want to call everyone up and tell them, then send back all the gifts? That would be a lot of work. Let's just try it out and see how it works." That was 30 years ago - it worked fine. If he had been clingy or super romantic, I would have been a run-away bride. Anyway, I was the same about my first pregnancy. DH was so excited; I was petrified. When I told my mother that I was worried about it all, she told me that she didn't really take an interest in babies or children at all until she had her own. I could not image my mother having been like that - she was such a great parent and grandparent. She was so right, though. When I had our son, I could not believe how much I could love someone. It was overwhelming. It was the same with our daughter. When I read how you felt about your daughter, it brought back all those wonderful feelings. They are growing into such lovely adults, so caring and thoughtful. Oh, there have been some big bumps on the way, but they have always know that we love them. Now I have my grandchild, and that is just the icing on the cake. Thank you, Linda, for sharing that. Now I am getting all sappy!!:ohwell:

ok - so late, so long. Take care.
    Bec
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning

:laugh: Just a quick "hello" I've spent so long reading the posts that I haven't time to say much now - time is marching on. :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Barb thanks for sharing your new weight loss plan. I haven't heard of HCG Diet so I will google it later. :smile: One thing I've seen people mention is the DASH diet. I googled that and it gave me a few ideas on how to increase fruit and veggies in my diet. I'm glad your new plan has kick started your weight loss again as Barbie says whatever works for you - and you are sensible enough to make sure it is healthy.

:smile: I can't believe how time flies so I'd better get ready for work, at least it is Friday and the weekend tomorrow yeay :happy: and I have a few days off next week too. Trouble is the week after Jane is going on holiday and I will be working just over 2 weeks solid with no day off:frown:

I will be on my own tonight, so I will try and catch up again then, (no one to hog the computer but me lol) :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

BFN

:heart: Viv :heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Michelle,
    The person you describe in your "rant" sounds like a "control freak" to me, and her hubby sounds like an enabler. Just my opinion.

When I am back to eating some sugar, I plan to try that angel food pineapple recipe.

Barbie,
    Thank you for your support during our face to face meeting, and for your positive comments in your last post. BTW, I stand corrected, you were obviously right to begin with when you said Linda was starting on a new chapter in her life!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: (even if she isn't the bride):flowerforyou:

Linda,
    Thank you for sharing your story. It was sweet.:flowerforyou:

Viv,
    Sounds like you are going to be busy.

Rebel,
    Nice to see you are around, but just busy. If nothing else, when the weather gets bad, I know we will see you because you won't be biking all over the place!!:laugh:

Tonight I went to dinner at one of my favorite places where I have them trained to grill a halibut steak without extra fat and no seasonings, and serve me that along with a huge garden salad that has tomato, red onion, and a few beets in it (and hold the croutons). They give me lemon wedges for my salad dressing and to season the fish. Yummy, and less than 300 calories for the whole thing, and halibut is an excellent source of potassium, as well as protein.

I guess I have been there enough, because tonight the waitress repeated my order to me before I gave it to her!!:noway: What was funny was the friend I was with ordered deep fried halibut and chips, and this waitress said, "with cocktail sauce instead of tartar, right?" I complimented her on her superior memory, as the LAST time I was there, I had Linda with me, who is allergic to eggs, and therefore can't use anything with mayo --as in tartar sauce!! We all laughed as I explained that THIS friend, Judy, could eat all the tartar she wanted!!:laugh: :laugh:

It was a nice summer evening, though we were glad to leave the patio after sunset as the northwest wind came up and was blowing across the river and cooling us off a bit more than we needed. I thought of Barbie and her hat and gloves at the doggy part, and wished I had enough sense to bring a jacket!!

Well, I am going to try to get down south tomorrow and see the friend that I didn't go visit today. Night all.:yawn:

Barb
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies.

Barb - well done on your new plan! Good luck with it and keep us updated.

Barbiecat - it's great that you were able to dance your whole line dance class. Your knee must be feeling much better - but don't overdo it and undo all the good work.

Bec - I love your plus and minus comments.

Linda - I know exactly what you mean about your daughters. The feeling of love when my own were born was overwhelming. When I had my second daughter (she is 20 months younger than number one) I remember thinking initially, how on earth am I going to love this baby when I love my eldest so much. It is quite amazing how elastic the maternal heart is. Four years later it was more than capable of stretching once again to love my wonderful son.

Michelle - I wish I could do spinning classes! Maybe when I've lost more weight I'll be able to give it a try. At present I can't even use an exercise bike as it hurts my arthritic knees too much. I do feel they are getting better though.

SuzyQ - I think your DH is warming to your new girl! You lucky thing - I really want to persuade my DH to let me get a new doggie.

Kathy - what on earth is an elephant's ear??

Mimi - you are definitely champion of the long posts! Keep them up please!

Faye - It amused me to picture you doing nocturnal weeding! It sounds like a great idea - maybe I'll make DH stay up late and do it!

Laura - I sympathise with you regarding your Menieres disease. I too have had bouts of it and it is extremely unpleasant. Hopefully you will be able to rest up this weekend and feel better.

Peggy - Your loom sounds like a real bargain, even if it needs some attention! I would love to try my hand at it. Many years ago I did a two day, multi crafting workshop and had a very brief go on a loom. I think it could become extremely addictive.

Jackie - it's good that you got the blue out of your jeans and cardi. Don't forget the colour catcher on your next shop!

Hannatrip - I hope your lids are healing nicely.

Kackie - your description of the weather rolling through the mountains sounds wonderful.

To all newbies and anyone else not mentioned above, please know that I have read your posts and I have you all in my thoughts. Reading this thread is my favourite part of the day.

DH and I were looking through our album of DD#2's wedding photos last night, and we were talking about Simon as we often do. He was a big part of our lives as he was one of my daughter's closest friends. His disability was 'phocomelia' which is pretty much the same as the side effects of thalidomide. His hands were like flippers and yet he drove a car like a professional. Most of the time he had to carry an oxygen cylinder around with him as he had difficulty breathing. In all the years that we knew him, he never complained. I think a lot of this was due to the fact that he had a group of close friends (my own children included) who accepted him as he was and yet were always willing to look after him if he needed it. He was very intelligent and high spirited and, one of my favourite memories of him is when we used to all get together and play the board game twister. Despite his physical problems, he would bend and get himself into the right places on the twister mat and would very often win. His life expectancy was very short and yet he beat all odds and lived until he was 27. I truly believe that my daughters are better people for having had him as a friend.

Well, the housework fairy didn't drop by yesterday - so I still have some more chores to do around the house. I may sack her when she finally shows up! :bigsmile:

Have a good day everyone, and a great weekend if I don't see you on here before then.

Amanda x
  • mookiemoomoo
    mookiemoomoo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies loved the photos everone put on here
    just got the wii fit out and had a 1hr and 10min session and feel really good

so my goals for aug is to lose 5 ilb this is going to be hard for me but i need to exersise more to achive it .
    positive thinking

drink more water as i have stopped drinking it as much .

still not had a date for my next opp but got a appointment for a scan again next sat kind of different scan this time as i need to drink a pint and not wee it out 1 hr before scan and no food for 4 hours :sad:

hope you can keep the doggie . so many names to remember promice i will get better good luck to every one x
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Amanda--what a beautiful family you have. That was obviously a gorgeous--and happy--wedding!

Barb--it was good to read about your weight-loss plan. I have heard so much about that plan that I wasn't sure what to think.
    To be honest, I don't think I could do that right now but that doesn't mean there won't come a time when I would seriously think about it! I am glad it is working for you.

Linda--don't ever be sorry for your 'ramblings'! You are an incredible woman and have achieved so much. You are truly blessed!:heart::flowerforyou:

Barbie--I haven't done the roasted veggies much yet but I have started putting more veggies into ALL my meals. I've been adding chopped veggies to spaghetti sauce and doing lots of stir-fry type meals where it is mostly veggies and just a little meat. I have found that almost ANYTHING can be fixed as a stir-fry--it doesn't have to have asian flavors. I've done Mexican, Italian and standard chicken seasonings--my family has loved them all! It is SO easy and there's no oven involved on these (admittedly few) warmer days.
    I'm glad you were able to do the whole line dance class today and that your knee is getting better.

Amanda--an elephant ear is 'fair food' (at least it is for me!:happy: )--something I only have once a year, if that. It is a piece of fried dough with cinnamon sugar on it. It is very thin, mostly flat, but also light and crispy. I really don't know haow to describe it, I guess. It's just one of those things that's a special treat.

Welcome to all our new members! This is the GREATEST group of women and I am so glad I found them!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:

I need to get my morning workout in so have a good day, everyone!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    It is my daughter who is getting married. I think it is different for everyone, but for me all my life all I ever wanted was to be a Mom. It is funny but I remember the night my first daughter was born. I was laying there thinking how will I ever think of something else I want in my life. I had it all a husband who loved me and I was a Mom. Then 18 months later I had Melissa. I almost died both times so my doctors insisted I never get pregnant again. (we had planned on having 8) i cried to years over not having more. Then we began being foster parents for newborns who were being adopted. For years I always had a newborn.
    linda

I think some of us were just born with an over-sized baby gene for I felt pretty much the same way. I've ALWAYS thought a baby was a great idea! I wanted at least 4, if not 6 children but had to settle for 2. Even though I had surgery to prevent pregnancy after the second one, I still longed for babies. My solution was to babysit 2-3 extras. I'd get an infant when their mommy went back to work and keep them until they finished kindergarten. So I enjoyed an large family of 4-7 kids until I had to stop to care for my parents. THAT was quite a transition. Empty nest was the hardest transition of all for me. It took me a good 5 years to even begin to get the hang of it.

Now as unfair as it all seems, both my kids live far from me and neither of them plans on children, so its doubtful I'll ever get to be a grandmother. Thankfully I have a niece who plans on having a 5-6 kids and her mom shares her grands with me. So I'm the doting Great Aunt Susan.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Amanda,

Thanks so much for posting the "Gut & Butt Exercises", as I , also was wanting to know what they were and how to get them.:flowerforyou:

Cathy

Ditto... and the first time I actually did them, I thought I pulled a muscle in the back of my upper leg. I didn't realize just how tense and out of shape I was :noway: :noway: It was when I started to do the pelvic lifts so I didn't raise as high as was just fine.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!
    Just a quick post as I have the day off and of course I have more to do today then if I were working. I have lots of errands to run this morning then after lunch I will be taking my dad to the county fair to watch the horse pulls. That will last until 9:00pm or so.

Barb, I will be watching your posts regarding HCG(?) with interest. I need to get my thyroid under control but I will need something to jump start my diet from time to time and who knows that might be it.

Suezzzque, I know what you mean about not being a grandmom and at this point I miss that chance. Although I never had kids. I always thought I would but life didn't play out that way. But my neice is now expecting so I hope to be able to be a Great Aunt.

Thanks to everyone for posting your photos of your lovely daughters weddings and your beautiful grand childern. It is helpping me get to know you better and makes me feel closer to you all. Better run... time waits for no one.
    Peggy
    :
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: TGIF! Yep I'm really glad it's Friday:smile:

Peggy - it sounds like you know what you have to do to lose and be part of your own "test" group. It will be fun to follow your plan and see how it works for you without someone else telling you what to do this time.

Jackie- :happy: so glad that your coloring experience was temporary and the color is no longer in those clothes that managed to get caught in with the blue one

Hanna - hope your eyes heals quickly and that it helps, I've seen lots of people with those kind of eye lids :cry: and I did wonder if people ever got them lifted up and now I know:wink:

Barb- :flowerforyou: Thank you for sharing your HCG experience/diet with us. Back when I was first married I worked for a medical clinic and the Dr there did HCG shots / 500 calorie diets, I didn't get all the information about it back then, I just figured that anyone eating 500 calories was sure to lose weight because who can survive on that little amount. There were a lot of people that lost on it but I have no idea if it truly worked for them as it's in the long run whether or not that weight loss is a change of life style or just a temporary thing.

Kackie- glad you are enjoying that cooler weather, I'm not sure if it does get that hot in MT, but in Colorado we have our hot days and cooler afternoons and evenings thank goodness:wink:

kc - glad to see you cking in:flowerforyou:

suzzeque- following your "sophie" story, I hope you get to keep her:flowerforyou: When I was a senior in High School there was a kitten hanging around the bus stop (not near any houses) and so I took it to school with me, put it in a box and kept it in the girls locker room for the day (checking on it between each class) then took it home....I made sure it "followed me" to my house on it's own so when I got home and put it in a box I could honestly say it "followed me" home. My parents we're convinced and I had to give it to a girlfriend who did get to keep it. But it was the cutest black and white kitten:ohwell:

Michele- :drinker: I did love your rant:drinker: Sometimes you just want to hit someone upside the head and say what are you thinking? But then you would be accuses of assalt...so probably not a good idea.

Linda - it's always good when you have a great relationship with your kids. I have that will all three of my sons as well as my DIL's:smile:

Rebel- I understand...when you can't get in here often you can really get behind on what's happening:heart:

Bec - your lunch with your friend sounded yummy...and I do so love peach pie:bigsmile:

Barb- it's always fun to go to a resturant where they "know/remember" you. Hubby and I have several and they know what we like and we feel like old friends:smile:

Amanda- I know that that lazy housework fairy hangs out at my house too:grumble: Finding a new one may be a problem thought:bigsmile:

Mookiemoomoo- looks like you have some good goals for August:flowerforyou:

Last night my Hubby bought me a new bike, which he will pick up after work today, so I'm looking forward to the weekend and riding a lot.

:bigsmile: The good thing about losing weight is getting into the clothes in the closet that have been calling your name forever:wink:
    :grumble: The bad thing about losing weight is when those clothes that were calling your name are now getting baggy :noway: and your husband tells you you have baggy pants at the butt.
    Do I dare buy clothes in the next size down when 80% of my wardrobe is the one I've finally gotten to wear:huh: not sure what to do about that...and I do love some of them that's why they have stayed in the closet through my up's and downs waiting patiently for me to come back to them:wink:

Tomorrow is weight in day for me, hope it's been a good week for all of you. Drink your water, exercise and enjoy some of those fresh veggies that are eveywhere.:drinker:

Laura:smile:
  • donna56
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I hope everyone is well and fine. To those that are feeling under the weather, I hope you get well soon.

I just read two pages of posts and I am not going to try to even pretend I can remember who said what:noway:

Barb.... I have that same book and to be quite honest, I thought it was abunch of b.s. but obviously I was wrong. It seems to be working good for you:drinker: :drinker: . I may have to pull it out and really read it as I just skimmed through it before.

Well, I did my weigh in this morning and I am finding hard to believe. The scale said I have lost more weight. I don't feel, look, or fit into my clothes any different. :grumble: I am afraid that I am going to get all built up and then let down somehow and that would be devastating for me. I am so pumped up this time about losing weight that I really don't want to have a stupid scale cause me to lose my motivation. I find it hard to believe that I lost 2 lbs since yesterday especially seeing I drank 2 cans of beer and ate a huge amount of pasta salad last night at our friends house. I was sure the scale was going to tell me what a mistake I made, but it didn't.
    I don't think I am in a very good mood this morning so I am going to keep this short :laugh: What I think I am going to do is lay back down and take a hour long nap. Geez, a nap and it isn't noon yet!!!

Oh yeah, another reason the "scale" has me upset is that 15 min after I weighed myself, I got back on it and it said another half pound less then it did to begin with! :grumble: Oh boy :laugh:

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    :bigsmile: The good thing about losing weight is getting into the clothes in the closet that have been calling your name forever:wink:

:grumble: The bad thing about losing weight is when those clothes that were calling your name are now getting baggy :noway: and your husband tells you you have baggy pants at the butt.

Do I dare buy clothes in the next size down when 80% of my wardrobe is the one I've finally gotten to wear:huh: not sure what to do about that...and I do love some of them that's why they have stayed in the closet through my up's and downs waiting patiently for me to come back to them:wink:

Laura:smile:

My solution was our local thrift store. I would drop off the too big items on one end of the store and walk around to the other to find things that fit. It just doesn't make sense to me to spend retail on clothes I don't plan to fit in by the end of the season.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good Moring Ladies. the clouds have rolled in and they say they will be here all weekend.

I had an absolutely stellar week. My agressive eating goal paid off. I have lost 1.6 pounds since my last official weigh in.:bigsmile: 146.2 that means if I can lose 1.2 this week I will make my DH birthday mini goal of 145. He has been so supportive telling me that it doesn't matter if I don't make it. He is proud of me :blushing: because of how hard I am trying. So it looks like one more week of aiming low on my calorie goals and then it will be a week of healthy restraint but no goals while camping.

today is a little tough. I am thinking about my Mom today. She would have been 86 today. She's been gone for 3 and half years. I really really miss her. :cry: Happy Birthday Mommy!:love::flowerforyou: :drinker:

Barb -:glasses: I was aware of your new plan because I had been tracking fivecats progress as she was on another thread of mine. I am glad it is working for you.

Barbiecat - :happy: I'll bet your dogs are glad mom is feeling up to the dog park again. I am glad you got to go full out on your line dancing. good fo ryou.

Bec - I can relate to your story. I never wanted kids. But once i had mine I couldn't fathom loving anything more. I am unsure of grandkids but I am sure once they arrive I will love them as much too. :ohwell:

Linda - I am excited for your daughters wedding. :smile: the plans for my daughters wedding are coming along but it is still aways off.

Michelle - If you can't rant here where could you rant? :tongue: now my motto for housecleaning is "I know there is dog hair on the floor but there would be even more if I didn't sweep it up everyday so I sweep and then realize that my house looks like a pigpen within two minutes, what the point" :grumble:

SuzyQ - I just became a great aunt in may. I have yet to meet my grand neice as she lives in Boston but I was still proud. My never was 39 before he had children. :smile:

Kathy - Yum, elephant ear, fried dough and cinamon, :wink: pure fair food.

Mimi - If I haven't told you lately I will tell you again. I love you. :love: You are such and inspiration on eating healthy. I love your long posts.

Faye - You inspired me to get out and garden for a bit yesterday. :flowerforyou: Thanks, I needed that.

Peggy - I have never been very crafty, I sewed a lot of costumes in my day and I did a little bit of crewel but flower arranging is more my thing. I am thinking of taking a stained glass class.:noway: good luck with the loom.

JackiE - I have a real aversion:devil: to white clothes other than socks and undies. I just can't seem to keep them white.

Reb - glad you are busy and biking. I think of you often because you are the best and I really need a Victoria trip sometime soon. I hope when I can plan it that you and I and Elizabeth can get together with some wine. :drinker:

Laura - congrats on the new bike. how nice. :happy:

Linda - don't get discouraged. we are our own worst critics and you may just be puffy. drink water, :drinker: avoid sodium.

to everyone else Have a great day!!!!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just got home from a walk/jog with Sophie. Muffin can't keep up so she got to snuggle with hubby, who's on nights this week. Now off to the store to buy fruit and veggies.
  • BarbieCat1
    Options
    Hi everyone...

I tried to post on Monday, but the computer or website or the server... whatever! wasn't cooperating at all, so I just gave up. At least I don't think it posted.

I was in a bike accident on Monday. A worker had left his equipment unattended in the bike lane while he took a break. I hit his stuff because I couldn't see it until too late ... tumbled over, with my bike, onto and across the pavement and had quite a shaking up. I now know what road rash is... I lay there stunned.

To make a long story short, a good samaritan stopped to help me, he and the now worried worker got me home [ it really is true that most accidents happen within blocks on one's home], called DH, called the EMT's... I got my first ride in an ambulance to the emergency room. I was checked over, given a CAT scan... which fortunately was negative for internal damage.

I'm bruised, scraped and all that, but I was wearing my dorky helmet which prevented much worse injury when my head hit the pavement. I have contusions on the side of my face, but other than looking like someone hit me, nothing worse. My prescription sunglasses were broken, my bike twisted. I'm so lucky that no bones or joints were injured... flesh wounds heal.

Today I got out for my first exercise [ a brisk walk] in days, and it felt good. The bike shop called and said my bike was repaired... that the frame was fine and everything is working perfectly. I plan on being on it tomorrow morning... everyone tells me it's important to get right back up on it and ride before fear takes over. I know someone who was hit by a car while riding and hasn't been back on her bike for 6 months. I doubt she'll ever ride again, which is too bad.

You should see the many colors my bruises have turned. It's like I have punk tattoos all over ! :laugh:

A friend sent me a Heal Fast gift... unfortunately, it was a fancy basket of cookies ! Oh me... well, I had one that day and another yesterday, put the rest in the freezer. They keep calling out to me like a siren on the rocks... the rocks being my diet. I guess I should really throw them away to reduce temptation.

Here's what is important to share... Everyone should WEAR BIKE HELMETS every single time you get on your bike, even if it's just to ride around your neighborhood or on the sidewalk. I'm living proof that accidents happen when you least expect them and can happen within a block of your home, even when on a designated bike path.

BC1
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat1-
    I agree about the helmet while riding. I had one save me from a serious injury last year. I don't ride now, however. I have never felt my balance was back to what it was before I took a fall in January and got a concussion (was not riding at the time).

As for you, since it was someone else's negligence/stupidity that caused your accident, I would pursue a claim against them for medical costs, bike repairs, and your eyeglass replacement. You said a "worker" so you could alternatively pursue a claim against whomever the employer of that person is--since it was equipment they were using for their work. Since they were acting in their capacity on behalf of the employer, that would make the employer potentially liable.

If you can't get satisfaction by making a direct contact with the company's legal department, it would be worthwhile to contact an attorney. If you aren't sure where to get one, or concerned about the cost, check with your State Bar Association. They may have a referral service that will allow you to get a consultation free or at a reduced fee. Good luck!!

Robin,
    I am thinking of you today. Happy Birthday to your mom, also :flowerforyou: That idea of going to Victoria sounds interesting, maybe I need to cruise up the Olympic Peninsula, pick up Barbiecat along the way and take the ferry across from Port Angeles, and we can have an MFP gabfest!!!!

Donna,
    Based upon what you have said about your scale, I think it is time to consider a new one. I bought my Taylor digital scale for less than $25 at Walgreen's. I can step on and off it 10 times (at the same time period) and it always weighs exactly the same.

I am still trying to get away this morning to drive down and see my friend in Oregon, so BFN

Barb
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening folks ......

:frown: A windy ,chilly day today. What more can we expect ...the children are still on holiday.:glasses: Look out for the heatwave as soon as they go back to school.

:ohwell: Nothing much done today .....same old, same old!! The scales were ...same old, same old!!!

:happy: We have at least had quiet mealtimes ...eversince my DIL's mother gave us some melamine plates for mum! She'd been driving us.....:explode: absolutely "potty" as she scraped her cutlery on the china plates. Talk about chalk on a blackboard!!! We did have patterns on the plates ...they are no more!!! :heart: :heart: So....thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Audrey!!!

Anyway .....talking of going "potty" .....for the umpteeth time today ......
    :laugh: I'm away to add to my my aerobic exercise you understand!!...
    BFN
    :heart: Jackie
  • donna56
    Options
    Barbiecat1.... Oh my, I am glad nothing was broken and no internal injuries!!! How irresponsible of that person to put that stuff in
    the bike path! It all sounds so painful. Glad you'll be okay though. I can't even tell you how many times my stomach
    flipped reading your post. It all sounds horrible. Like I said, I'm glad you'll be okay.