Learn What it means to "Eat Clean"

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• mafke
    Options
    I would also like any ideas regarding Clean eating. To go Snack bars for the road would be great! I've tried alot of recipes and purchased ALOT of ingredients my bars not so much. Can't find a great recipe and only need to make a small amount for two people.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP is a "beachbody coach". Nuff said.
    Indeed she is. And I've said nothing to support her, or beachbody, or that Godawful Shakology crap.
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    Options
    Bump ^^
  • BooBoo1264
    Options
    eating clean gave me ebola.

eating pizza and pop tarts cured me.

my anecdotal evidence is just as good as anyone else's.

:D
  • jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1) "low fat dairy". Dairy does not come out of a cow "low fat". It has to be processed to become low fat.
    3) Stevia is not at all natural, it is typically processed with ethanol.

Right. Everytime I see 'low fat' with 'eating clean' I can't help but roll my eyes. Same with artificial sweeteners.

Regarding canned food, it's my understanding that eating clean includes canned foods and anything that has only one ingredient.

It is so silly it almost hurts. To eat clean (re: dairy) would be to drink the milk unpasteurized and unskimmed, straight out of the cow.

Which sounds delicious.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    1) "low fat dairy". Dairy does not come out of a cow "low fat". It has to be processed to become low fat.
    3) Stevia is not at all natural, it is typically processed with ethanol.

Right. Everytime I see 'low fat' with 'eating clean' I can't help but roll my eyes. Same with artificial sweeteners.

Regarding canned food, it's my understanding that eating clean includes canned foods and anything that has only one ingredient.

It is so silly it almost hurts. To eat clean (re: dairy) would be to drink the milk unpasteurized and unskimmed, straight out of the cow.

Which sounds delicious.
    By what definition?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I love how these "coaches" know everything. They know zero. They are not trained by a university. Anyone can just call themselves a coach. Hi.........hand me your money.. I'm coach mockchoc just because I say I'm a coach and I SO wan't to help the whole world as long as you buy my stuff which is PROCESSED rubbish.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I love how these "coaches" know everything. They know zero. They are not trained by a university. Anyone can just call themselves a coach. Hi.........hand me your money.. I'm coach mockchoc just because I say I'm a coach and I SO wan't to help the whole world as long as you buy my stuff which is PROCESSED rubbish.
    YUP. And that comment extends to most of the "coaches" quoted on here.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I had a BB coach come into my work place the other day, extolling the virtues of Shakeology: proprietary trisorb this and eliminate toxins that. I laughed so hard. It was great. Before MFP, I might've bought into it. So glad this site is a beacon of truth in a sea of BS.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I had a BB coach come into my work place the other day, extolling the virtues of Shakeology: proprietary trisorb this and eliminate toxins that. I laughed so hard. It was great. Before MFP, I might've bought into it. So glad this site is a beacon of truth in a sea of BS.
    This site has a ton of BS on it as well, but yes, it's nice to SEE someone call BS BS so you know to do your research. cheers!
    I would have laughed at the shakeology lady.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    This site has a ton of BS on it as well, but yes, it's nice to SEE someone call BS BS so you know to do your research. cheers!
    Yeah, I guess some BS washes up on our shores. But for the most part, there's a foundation of common sense. At least most of us are on the same page, or at least reading the same book. These other guys aren't even in the library.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    is Shakeology like Twerkology?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Yeah, I guess some BS washes up on our shores. But for the most part, there's a foundation of common sense. At least most of us are on the same page, or at least reading the same book. These other guys aren't even in the library.
    Agreed.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like labeling my eating lifestyle, but i eat pretty clean.

Eating clean FOR ME, means that the food I eat is organic & non-gmo.

That goes for all my fruit, veggies, grains, natural sweeteners........etc.