Rid of belly fat!

Options
Does anyone have any advice or tidbits on how to get rid of belly fat?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eat less, do more. You can't spot reduce so if you want belly fat gone then you need to lose in general. Most often belly fat is the last place that you lose so work on losing all over body fat to see it gone. You can do all the ab exercises you want but you can't see muscles buried under fat.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Eat less, do more. You can't spot reduce so if you want belly fat gone then you need to lose in general. Most often belly fat is the last place that you lose so work on losing all over body fat to see it gone. You can do all the ab exercises you want but you can't see muscles buried under fat.

You aren't going to get a better reply than this.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    all you need to lose fat is a moderate calorie deficit, some resistance/strength training and patience...

as a woman you will probably find that fat comes off your stomach last... yay!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options

Plus get enough sleep and try to keep your stress levels down.
  • kdubby22
    kdubby22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you heard the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen"? It's so true! You could do all the ab exercises you want, but without getting rid of the layer of fat on top of the muscle, you won't see results.

Just be conscious of what you eat. Blueberries are one of the top belly fat blasters, I eat 2-3 cartons a week :)
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Have you heard the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen"? It's so true! You could do all the ab exercises you want, but without getting rid of the layer of fat on top of the muscle, you won't see results.

Just be conscious of what you eat. Blueberries are one of the top belly fat blasters, I eat 2-3 cartons a week :)
    Please explain? What is a "belly fat blaster"?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Please explain? What is a "belly fat blaster"?

^^Yes, please.

:huh:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    A 'belly-fat blaster' is a phrase that, when posted on an internet forum, will entice young, bored, half-dressed men to round up on a young girl in a confrontational manner.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:

^Bwhahaha. Hilarious. And true. And it's not even 7 am yet.

Okay, but really, there's no spot reduction. And yes, unfortunately as a woman it will probably be the last place the majority of the weight/fat comes off. Fun stuff!

As others have suggested, eat at a deficit, exercise more, do cardio to burn off the calories (or any other method you enjoy, weights, etc). Good luck!
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Plus get enough sleep and try to keep your stress levels down.

This has made the biggest difference for me. My belly was hanging on to fat, but once my baby started sleeping through the night and my postpartum life started to mellow out, my belly fat started falling off (and all other fat- but this seemed to be where my inches were reducing the most).
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    A 'belly-fat blaster' is a phrase that, when posted on an internet forum, will entice young, bored, half-dressed men to round up on a young girl in a confrontational manner.

Wait, what?

How was it confrontational that they gave the OP good advice? Do you try to start fights in every thread?

OP - the first reply was the correct one.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Not really, no.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Wait, what?

How was it confrontational that they gave the OP good advice? Do you try to start fights in every thread?

No, she "white knight's" every thread when anyone who give complete nonsense information is questioned.

I still would like to know how a specific food is a "belly-fat blaster"....honestly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Pray tell, what exactly is wrong with asking someone for clarification in a completely neutral, non confrontational way?

Do *you* have any actual advice to the OP?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

You aren't going to get a better reply than this.

^^yep.

Plus, try to get some resistance training included in your routine for body comp and other health benefits.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options

Actually abs are shown in the kitchen is more like it, abs are built from heavy weight resistance like any other muscle. Essentially you can show them quicker if you build them up.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Try running, sprinting, intervals
    Eat a 80/20 clean diet eat good carbs eat alot of fiber!
    Dont eat too much wheat , most people bloat, try low carb wraps.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Jaysus. Why IS it you can never find a 'butthurt' form when you need to give some out.... :wink:

Were you going to actually give any advice or just continue with your MO of random white knighting?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Jaysus. Why IS it you can never find a 'butthurt' form when you need to give some out.... :wink:
    ...because you're too busy playing "the hero that MFP doesn't need and didn't ask for" on here? They're easy to find, but you have to go to google and search for them.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options

Wait, what?

No, she "white knight's" every thread when anyone who give complete nonsense information is questioned.

I still would like to know how a specific food is a "belly-fat blaster"....honestly.

OP got good advice in the first post. This other stuff is just an attempt to pick a fight. I think they call it "trolling," but I'm not entirely certain. It could just be pent-up angst or something. But as far as OP, after the first response, there's very little that could be added to it.
  • christinemadden0223
    Options

You said it! The best way to get abs to show up is through what you put in your mouth- it needs to be "clean". Than means no preservatives, no sugar, no refined carbs, LOTS of water, no alcohol. Add your own cardio to help shed the fat covering them and you'll have abs! Is it possible to get visible abs without eating clean? Yep, but it will take WAY longer and WAY more cardio. I try to aim for eating clean 80/20. Thats 80 percent of what i put in my body is straight from nature with no extras and then 20 percent is the rest. Good luck! It's hard but it's so worth it!