Rid of belly fat!

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Have you heard the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen"? It's so true! You could do all the ab exercises you want, but without getting rid of the layer of fat on top of the muscle, you won't see results.

Just be conscious of what you eat. Blueberries are one of the top belly fat blasters, I eat 2-3 cartons a week :)

You said it! The best way to get abs to show up is through what you put in your mouth- it needs to be "clean". Than means no preservatives, no sugar, no refined carbs, LOTS of water, no alcohol. Add your own cardio to help shed the fat covering them and you'll have abs! Is it possible to get visible abs without eating clean? Yep, but it will take WAY longer and WAY more cardio. I try to aim for eating clean 80/20. Thats 80 percent of what i put in my body is straight from nature with no extras and then 20 percent is the rest. Good luck! It's hard but it's so worth it!

It does not need to be 'clean', you do not need to avoid preservatives, sugar or refined carbs. Yes, limiting them will help sticking to a caloric deficit while eating a nutrient dense diet, and I am very much in agreement that 80/20 diet is a good one, but many people have preservatives, sugar and refined carbs in their diet and have abs.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    A 'belly-fat blaster' is a phrase that, when posted on an internet forum, will entice young, bored, half-dressed men to round up on a young girl in a confrontational manner.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:

Will there be video?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Have you heard the saying "Abs are made in the kitchen"? It's so true! You could do all the ab exercises you want, but without getting rid of the layer of fat on top of the muscle, you won't see results.

Just be conscious of what you eat. Blueberries are one of the top belly fat blasters, I eat 2-3 cartons a week :)

You said it! The best way to get abs to show up is through what you put in your mouth- it needs to be "clean". Than means no preservatives, no sugar, no refined carbs, LOTS of water, no alcohol. Add your own cardio to help shed the fat covering them and you'll have abs! Is it possible to get visible abs without eating clean? Yep, but it will take WAY longer and WAY more cardio. I try to aim for eating clean 80/20. Thats 80 percent of what i put in my body is straight from nature with no extras and then 20 percent is the rest. Good luck! It's hard but it's so worth it!

It does not need to be 'clean', you do not need to avoid preservatives, sugar or refined carbs. Yes, limiting them will help sticking to a caloric deficit while eating a nutrient dense diet, and I am very much in agreement that 80/20 diet is a good one, but many people have preservatives, sugar and refined carbs in their diet and have abs.

In for ice cream!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    A 'belly-fat blaster' is a phrase that, when posted on an internet forum, will entice young, bored, half-dressed men to round up on a young girl in a confrontational manner.

Wait, what?

How was it confrontational that they gave the OP good advice? Do you try to start fights in every thread?

OP - the first reply was the correct one.

Someone seems to have forgotten the 5:1 compliment ratio today!
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options

Please explain? What is a "belly fat blaster"?

^^Yes, please.

:huh:

I don't know what a belly fat blaster is but it sounds scary! And a little Star Wars-ish. Seriously though? It's still pretty good advice even if its a little confused, blueberries are pretty delicious and your diet is very important in weight loss. ;-)
  • geminijo04
    Options

Wait, what?

How was it confrontational that they gave the OP good advice? Do you try to start fights in every thread?

OP - the first reply was the correct one.

Thank you!
  • ANDRE_DOE
    ANDRE_DOE Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Eat less, do more. You can't spot reduce so if you want belly fat gone then you need to lose in general. Most often belly fat is the last place that you lose so work on losing all over body fat to see it gone. You can do all the ab exercises you want but you can't see muscles buried under fat.

You aren't going to get a better reply than this.

this is what I learned and have found for myself the muscles are there I can feel them but there is a layer of fat still there and I can see where other parts of my body has already started showing some muscles.
  • jrutledge01
    jrutledge01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

abs are made in the gym, they're carved in the kitchen ;)
  • geminijo04
    Options

This does not help. This is not the kind of help I was asking for. And I don't see any young, bored, half-dressed men rounding me up in a confrontational manner. So thank you for the "not advice".
  • christinemadden0223
    Options

You are absolutely right, but like I said, it takes way longer and way more cardio- plus I find when I eat ANY i bloat like crazy- it has to do with certain peoples sensitivities to foods as well. Not everyone's body works the same. If I eat either cheese or fake sugar I have a noticeable pooch the next day. You have to find what works for you!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Will there be video?

I expect so. And if you hang around long enough there'll be rape jokes, too!

Bonus.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

This does not help. This is not the kind of help I was asking for. And I don't see any young, bored, half-dressed men rounding me up in a confrontational manner. So thank you for the "not advice".

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

^^Yes, please.

I don't know what a belly fat blaster is but it sounds scary! And a little Star Wars-ish. Seriously though? It's still pretty good advice even if its a little confused, blueberries are pretty delicious and your diet is very important in weight loss. ;-)

Agreed.... and I love blueberries, but that still doesn't explain how a blueberry "blasts belly fat". It's not solid advice to the OP, IMHO.
  • deksgrl
    Options

^^Yes, please.

Master Blaster. This is when you do the Master Cleanse, with Blueberries.

Or, this:

Thunderdome-Master-Blaster.jpg
  • deksgrl
    Options

You are absolutely right, but like I said, it takes way longer and way more cardio- plus I find when I eat ANY i bloat like crazy- it has to do with certain peoples sensitivities to foods as well. Not everyone's body works the same. If I eat either cheese or fake sugar I have a noticeable pooch the next day. You have to find what works for you!

The dog gets blamed for everything.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

It's refreshing to see someone who wants real advice, OP.

As others have said, you cannot spot reduce, and it is a matter of eating at a calorie deficit to lose the fat. It is very helpful to weigh and measure your food and to log it so you know exactly what you are eating. If you want to make sure that you are "firm" and healthy at the end of it though, (1) get on a strength training program, and (2) watch what you eat in terms of getting sufficient macronutrients and fiber. Cardio is not strictly necessary but many of us find the benefit of being able to eat extra calories quite helpful, not to mention the long-term cardiovascular health benefits.

Finally, I'd say be very patient. Belly fat is often the last to go for many of us and it is easy to get frustrated, but if you are truly eating at a deficit and following the basic guidance above, it will come off. Just keep at it. Good luck!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

As others have said, you cannot spot reduce, and it is a matter of eating at a calorie deficit to lose the fat. It is very helpful to weigh and measure your food and to log it so you know exactly what you are eating. If you want to make sure that you are "firm" and healthy at the end of it though, (1) get on a strength training program, and (2) watch what you eat in terms of getting sufficient macronutrients and fiber. Cardio is not strictly necessary but many of us find the benefit of being able to eat extra calories quite helpful, not to mention the long-term cardiovascular health benefits.

Finally, I'd say be very patient. Belly fat is often the last to go for many of us and it is easy to get frustrated, but if you are truly eating at a deficit and following the basic guidance above, it will come off. Just keep at it. Good luck!

+1
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Zumba has done wonders for my waistline!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    It's all food... ALL FOOD... you are what you eat and in this case it goes directly to MY BELLY! SOB.

so I did it by cutting out sugar basically and any 'white' flour and processed foods.

I eat it VERY rarely. Mind you, I'm doing a 45 day/night no alcohol/junk/sugar right now and I'm on day 21.

I did no sugar for lent last year and dropped 8lbs like nothing. My stomach is the LAST place I'm losing any fat.
  • geminijo04
    Options

Very helpful! Thank you! :smile: